It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that bothers me about "Deal or No Deal"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
When they have the call-in part, people call in and have a choice of something like six suitcases to pick, one of which has a cash prize inside. If half a million pick #6 and thats the one, then the winner of the prize is randomly selected from the people that picked #6.
Its a one off thing, six suitcases presented, one has a prize, and thats it.

A person doesn't have any reason to pick any one particular suitcase over another.

So what is going on when there is one that is overwhelmingly picked? Seems odd doesn't it? I mean, we'd expect a more or less random distribution no, and that each would have pretty much the same 'votes' for it as any other suitcase. But so often one suitcase was picked by a hell of a lot more people than any other one. Odd no?

As an aside, doesn't this also represent something of a test of the psychic ability of the population at large? I mean, it could be taken at least that the psychic members of the population would call in the winner, along with the merely lucky, and that the winning one then should then tend to have statistically higher percentages of people picking it no? But that of course assumes that (along with psychics existing in teh first place, even if they are 'unaware' and merely 'hyper intuititve), that they are in enough numbers to make a statistical difference.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Check out my leet psychic skillz.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

new topics

join