It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Weapons Development, Your Ideas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ok, firstly I'm putting this here because I figure since it has to
do with weapons, that it fits here.

Ok, well earlier today I was thinking about weapons of the future,
those from a few decades fromnow, to those a century or two
from now.

And I started thinking about the various kind of weapons possible.

So, this thread is to theorise about the possible weapons of the
future, from two decades to two centuries from now.

My ideas.
(I gave them project names, I was that bored.)

-Burning Sky.
A device capable of ionising the atmosphere of a planet to such a
degree as to turn it into plasma.

-Boiling Point.
An advanced form of Microwave gun that is capable of actually
causing various levels of damages, opposed to the non-lethal,
non-damaging ones of today.
I think this actually might be considered a Maser, I'm not sure.

-Astral Slingshot.
In essence a giant gun using asteroids/meteors as ammo.

Those are the ideas I cam up with.

I should note to, I did'nt mention the more recognisable assumed
weapons such as Lasers, Particle beams and RailGuns.

So, what weapons do you think may be created in the future?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a space weapon of some kind, like a nuclear based gamma cannon, and serves as a doom's day device.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There is a two hour interview on this subject posted (.MP3) on Raiders News. It covers the CFR's recommendation to increase funding for "non-leathal" development by 700%, psychotronic warfare and active denial technologies. Interesting stuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Cool/good idea warset, and not something you generally
hear about when talking about future weaponry.

You know I've got to wonder, that so far both of us have come
up with dooms day, what does that say about humanity.

And MrMicrophone, thanks for the info.

[edit on 9/19/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Cool/good idea warset, and not something you generally
hear about when talking about future weaponry.

the idea is from a popular japanese anime series "gundam"

www.gundams.net...(230).jpg
www.gundams.net...(15).jpg
www.gundams.net...(16).jpg
www.gundams.net...(36).jpg
www.gundams.net...(37).jpg
www.gundams.net...(40).jpg
www.gundams.net...(41).jpg

I was thinking that this may actually come true

ever heard that NASA is trying to build a solar ray system that can "burn/push away" incoming astroids to avoid them hitting earth? I suppose in the future they can turn that into a space weapon and shoot at cities.

another possiblity of this type of weapon may is even easier, to make a space station or satellite carrying nukes and serves as a space nuke station, and able to fire numerous nukes at any part of earth.

both of the above designs are in progress for "defending earth from incoming astroids" currently in NASA (if im right, and even if not, ppl may still make them in the future)

[edit on 9/19/2006 by warset]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
how about

The Grey Death

Using the grey goo theory and nanobots we could seed a world with them and watch it being eaten in it's entirety. Probably be wise to have them deactivate under certain conditions though. And obviously this weapon would be completely non feasible for use on Earth.

Quick description of the Grey Goo theory for anyone who hasnt heard it is to make self replicating nanobots that do nothing but build copys of themselves out of raw materials until there are no materials left.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How about a nuclear missle shot from the moon. If it can get out of the gravitational pull, then make it's way into the earth's atmosphere, not burn up, and hit where ever you want it to with riduculus speeds. Better yet make it have a super thick armor that can penetrate more than any other bomb. Just a thought I got on a whim. I'm not even sure it's possible.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The future of weaponry is in sound.

Right now, both the military and the police are using a device called LRAD, or Long Range Acoustic Device. It directs sound waves in a beam. The beam is so concentrated that you can take one step out of the beam and you hear nothing, yet step back in and you're immobilized.

The acoustic waves can be further concentrated to produce lethal results.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You might want to check out some of the video coming out of Iraq and Lebanon. Weird wounds, people cooked down to the size of a small child, burned black over their bodies but their hair not singed, blood coagulated inside their bodies. From indications it looks as if the "ray guns" are operational. Can't wait for the Air Force to try 'em out on us Constitution-loving Americans!

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
O.K., Mr. Mike, wanna provide a link?
Is the "Green Helmet" guy from Hizbullah in the pictures?
Truth is the first casualty in war.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
When I read Sci Fi as a kid, I was always impressed with the concept behind the mass driver. Hurling asteroids at a planet seemed to make more sense than throwing nuclear waste around unnecessarily.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Project:Owie

A plank with a nail in it.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMicrophone
You might want to check out some of the video coming out of Iraq and Lebanon. Weird wounds, people cooked down to the size of a small child, burned black over their bodies but their hair not singed, blood coagulated inside their bodies. From indications it looks as if the "ray guns" are operational. Can't wait for the Air Force to try 'em out on us Constitution-loving Americans!

I've heard that too, haven't seen the video as it would take me until Christmas to download it being on dial-up, but I read the transcript. Personally I think this is some sort of urban legend - not that it is impossible that the US is using laser or microwave weapons, but for the fact that I can think of no scientifically logical way to shrink a human body, bones and all.....

I've cooked many chickens and turkeys in my microwave oven and I've never ever seen the bones shrink - sure the meat shrivels up if it's over done, but not the bones.
And lasers - they just burn and incinerate...... now certain primitive tribes make shrunken heads, but that's a whole different process and I believe they do remove the skin from the skull. I don't know.....sounds mighty fishy to me

Now, to answer the original question - I believe that there will be a lot of laser weapons in the futur (since lasers are the most highly developed of all the directed energy weapons), and also that conventional weapons will become fully autonimous - i.e. robot soldiers sort of like the ED-209 in Robocop. There's a lot of military interest in robotics and unmanned vehicles these days - it won't be long before they will be functioning independantly of direct human control.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think that the US should invent 2 new MMP versions and 2 new ballistic missile versions. NK is developing new BM versions, so why shouldn't the US?

[edit on 29-9-2006 by Rightist]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Beam weapons are already here. The F-22 has an offensive laser and the F-35 will. The Air Force is moving toward this technology at full speed. We'll see all types of beam weapons.
www.milnet.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
What i dont understand is why military organisations dont look into some weaponry game developers come upwith, some of the stuff they make looks very realistic in the technolgy department and they also appear to be at a reasonable scale. I have never heard of the stuff that goes on in teh middle east crisis but it souds like an interesting read

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Would you mind giving some examples what you're thinking?

I'm curious, and not trying to be condescending.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cruizer
Beam weapons are already here. The F-22 has an offensive laser and the F-35 will. The Air Force is moving toward this technology at full speed. We'll see all types of beam weapons.
www.milnet.com...

The references for that site are all from 1997 or prior. I wouldn't trust that, because alot has changed since then. Chances are that information was put together with what people knew from the late 1990's and alot of those projects listed were cancelled and changed.

I doubt we'll be seing beam weaponry any time soon used en-mode. Chances are the THEL will be the only beam weapon we see.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
All-right, I'm a realist, so Dooms-Day and end-all be-all weaponry is not to be found here.

One; Satellite Directed-Energy. It fits the current bill of accurate assaults, and if the technology continues developing as it has, a thin beam could easily become a large beam for larger-scale destruction.

Two; Orbital - Bombers. Not too extravagent, yes, but certainly a potential canidate for future weaponry.

Three; Railgun. Because I like it. And it's being looked into. XD

Four; Smart-Shrapnel. Imagine a grenade you could throw into the middle of nowhere that struck anyone not wearing a Identification Tag? Shiny. [I won't go out and directly reference the potential for a bomb, due to civillian casualities, and the difficulty of a computer recognizing what the shrapnel can go through, what it'd be wasted on, etc.

Five; I want to see Shiva Star come to fruition. XD

Anyway, my thoughts.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join