It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GE anomaly -- strange building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I got this rather odd Google Earth "floating building" near Groom Lake today; anyone know what this building is, or it's actual location? Does anybody else see this or get this sort of thing? (There was another just north of this position, a piece of a four-lane bridge.)

Sorry if it's been posted before, but nothing came up on an ATS search.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
ive had a small look and cant find any information on what it could be.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Can you post the coordinates of it so we can check it out?

You say its close to groom lake so it could be something to do with yucca flats or something.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Coordinates:

37 10 06.94 N 116 02 41.15 W
37.18357,-116.044807

This was happening all day yesterday, on two different computers, on connections from two different ISPs and two different update versions of GE.

A random piece of imagery would just suddenly appear in the Google Earth window; the effect was quite stable and repeatable, surviving even a re-boot, and was visible over a fairly long zoom-in range. The images I posted were of the area between Yucca Flats and Groom Lake (Groom Lake is the white dot in the upper right of the frame) although I later noticed the same thing in images from around the world.

The building looks a bit like a nuclear reactor
Chernobyl: 51 22 53.88 N 30 7 11.00 E
Lucas Heights: 34 3 4.85 S 150 58 42.97 E
LaSalle: 41 14 42.73 N 88 40 9.65 W
so I was sorta hoping it was something we aren't supposed to see

However, it doesn't seem to be happening today

Maybe it was just a google-glitch. I did notice that some of the odd-ball images semed to have features in common with the terrain being overlaid, so maybe a new auto-compositing algorithm went bad.

new topics

top topics

join