It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange WTC surviver stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
www.mjbarkl.com...
www.usatoday.com...

When the World Trade Center was bombed in 1993, Otis Elevator's mechanics led the rescue of 500 people trapped in elevators. Some mechanics were dropped onto the roofs of the twin towers by helicopter. Others, carrying 50-pound oxygen tanks on their backs, climbed through smoke to machine rooms high in the towers. On Sept. 11, the elevator mechanics — many of the same men involved in the rescues in 1993 — left the buildings after the second jet struck, nearly an hour before the first building collapsed.

Not sure if they were also dropped by helicopter on 911 or what! If people will start find personal stories and start to combine them. We should start to get a look at what was happening to the inside of the building and thus a chance to find out what really happened to the fall of the towers.

www.mjbarkl.com...
THE TOWER BUILDER
by JOHN SEABROOK
"Why did the World Trade Center buildings fall down "when they did? "
Issue of 2001-11-19

"...only one said that he knew immediately, upon learning, from TV, of the planes' hitting the buildings, that the towers were going to fall. This was Mark Loizeaux, the president of Controlled Demolition Incorporated, a Maryland-based family business that specializes in reducing tall buildings to manageable pieces of rubble. "Within a nanosecond," he told me. "I said, 'It's coming down. And the second tower will fall first, because it was hit lower down.' "... "I thought, Somebody's got to tell the Fire Department to get out of there," Loizeaux told me. "I picked up the phone, dialled 411, got the number, and tried it--busy. So I called the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management"--which was in 7 World Trade. "All circuits were busy. I couldn't get through."....
interactive.wsj.com...
Mr. Roach shouted back to them, "There's no way out!" If he was referring to a roof escape, he was correct. The doors to the roof were locked.

Outside, hovering just a few hundred feet away from hundreds of workers trapped above the inferno, were New York police-rescue helicopters. Crews from the Brooklyn headquarters of the police-aviation bureau had scrambled at the first radio call of an explosion at the trade center. Of the two choppers that arrived within five minutes of the plane crash, one was a Bell 412 equipped with a 250-foot hoist and capable of carrying as many as 10 survivors at a time. The three-man crew was specially trained for rooftop rescues.

In reading much of this and many pages and links many if not all the deaths of the top floor could have been avoided, if the doors had been unlocked and the people had made it to the roofs.

Here is also a strange account that may be worthwhile.

www.mjbarkl.com...
"...Eric S. Levine, NYC, USA ... 2 World Trade Center on the 64th Floor...Morgan Stanley....heard an explosion. I ran to a window and looked out to see large amounts of debris (papers, metal, all kinds of things!) floating down towards the street. I called my boss and told him not to come in to the office and went out into the hallway. Someone called out to me, "Is there anyone down there!", "Yes", I said and he yelled at me to, "Get my ass into the stair well because we were evacuating!".

"At that time people were still very calm and were evacuating in an orderly fashion. We had reached either the 51st or the 50th floor when we heard a huge explosion, which shook the building like crazy! I grabbed hold of the stair well to steady myself when a woman who had fallen from a flight up hit me in the back and sent me down a flight of stairs with her on my back. I then tried to stand up but the building was still shaking and the lights were flickering on and off. It was terrifying!

"Then the building began to sink - that's the only way I can describe it. The floor began to lower under your feet and all I could think about was that it would crack open and I would fall hundreds of feet to my death! Until this moment no one knew what was going on, but no one was really scared yet. Everyone thought it was only taking place in 1 WTC, the other tower. Not in our tower. Once this happened it turned into pandemonium.
The sinking could have been the foundation being blown thus setting the stage for the fall of the building.

There is alot on that page about survivors accounts that give information that I have not read as of yet.

[Mod Edit: added appropriate external source tags throughout post]
Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/22/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Could Helicopters Have Saved People

911research.wtc7.net...
If he was referring to a roof escape, he was correct. The doors to the roof were locked. Outside, hovering just a few hundred feet away from hundreds of workers trapped above the inferno, were New York police-rescue helicopters. Crews from the Brooklyn headquarters of the police-aviation bureau had scrambled at the first radio call of an explosion at the trade center. Of the two choppers that arrived within five minutes of the plane crash, one was a Bell 412 equipped with a 250-foot hoist and capable of carrying as many as 10 survivors at a time. The three-man crew was specially trained for rooftop rescues.

You will find nothing about this in the news or the 911 commission report or even any government site hashing the debate of needing special trained copters to perform in the future if such an event happens again.

911research.wtc7.net...
And mostly for security reasons, the Port Authority kept the two sets of heavy metal doors leading to the building's only roof exit tightly locked -- as they would be on the morning of Sept. 11.

But that is no0t all if you read about the firedoors throughout the building, you wil;l find that alot were locked and no keys to open them. Why is that not a crime itself, if discos can be fined and owners jailed then why not members of the PA and Silverstein company. There is a real story here but its being ignored!

911research.wtc7.net...
On Sept. 11, a total of four police helicopters ultimately flew to the burning trade center, darting from one side of the buildings to the other, scanning for signs of anyone on the roof.

New York City's fire code requires roof doors to be unlocked or to have devices that allow someone to open a locked door from the inside. Officials at several companies that manage large numbers of tall buildings in Manhattan say their buildings provide roof access in an emergency.

But the Port Authority's Twin Towers had the status of state government property and therefore were legally exempt from the fire code, according to both the Port Authority and the city's building department, which oversees enforcement of the fire code.

Which came first New Yorks fire code or the port authority?

911research.wtc7.net...
Sept. 11, falling debris knocked out the 22nd-floor security center's equipment just after the plane hit, says Mr. Reiss, who is still with the Port Authority and was helping with the transition to new management that took over the complex in July. The guards, who had to be rescued themselves, couldn't have buzzed anyone through to the roof. Even after the building's electricity was cut off, internal batteries in the electromagnetic locks would have kept the doors closed for several hours, Mr. Reiss says.

So on the 22th floor that was no where near the plane site crash on the tower, had such damage to it that it no longer functioned. If security was run from the 22th floor then there needs to be people looking for strange events that happened from that floor to about the 25th floor, maybe bobms were planted in or around the 22th to stop the opening of firedoors and roof doors.

[Mod Edit: added appropriate external source tags throughout post]
Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/22/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mondegreen
So on the 22th floor that was no where near the plane site crash on the tower, had such damage to it that it no longer functioned. If security was run from the 22th floor then there needs to be people looking for strange events that happened from that floor to about the 25th floor, maybe bobms were planted in or around the 22th to stop the opening of firedoors and roof doors.

Valhall has done an excellent job of researching strange things on the 22nd floor. Not sure if it is the same building but you might want to contact her for more info. I don't know exactly what threads they are in at the moment so you might want to just U2U her.

Nice info mondegreen....keep up the good work and research.

join