It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims using Popes comments as an excuse for a Holy war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Are The small minority of extremist muslims who seem to be influencing the young radicals so much trying to start a Holy war with the Christians by USING the popes comments as a catalyst?

Already there have been threats from al queada

Al queda warning

And a nun has been murdered in Somalia

Nun killed in Somalia

Is Al Queada trying to goad Christians into action to further the terrorists recruitment drives by directing the young muslims anger against the christians?

If that is the case I think that they will be surprised as Christianity is a religeon that teaches forgiveness.

The Italian nun forgave her muslim murderers as she died,to prove this point.

[edit on 18/9/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
maybe the title of your post should be something like : muslim extremists, islamic fanatics .......
as you just can't generalise ,
be it for muslims or christians. Not all muslims want war (eventhough if events continue as they are we might get there, at a certain extent),
not all christians (can/want to) forgive (and that is but human)

one thing is for sure though, the dividing gap gets bigger everyday and extremists of all sorts are gaining ground all over the planet
e.g. NPD rise in Germany

Are we facing a war of religions ? I'd rather ask another question. Has it ever stopped ?
Some of us are still naive enough to believe in an utopian world peace, that is definitely not something the human race will achieve , violence is preprogramed in our dna.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Theres a really good tool song that sums up humanity in relation to religious conflict...its called "right in two"

Anywho, I think the answer is yes. Extremists are just that, extreme. They will grab a hold of any bit of information that could possibly be miscommunicated and use it to further their agenda. And I think we can all agree that throughout our exsistence any significant war has been fueled by some form of religious conflict. This will continue to go on until the "beast who sits upon many lands" (UN?) turns on the "great harlot" (religion) and does away with religion altogether in an attempt to stop judaist/chrisitian/muslim conflict, thus declaring world peace (final sign of the apocolypse.)

wow...tangent...

new topics

join