It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Better to Cry in Heaven or Laugh in Hell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
To me, it is better to cry in Heaven as those tears will turn to joy. Laughter in Hell will turn to weeping and wailing. The closer the proximity you are to the Infinitely Great God the better, always.

To me, laughter is a sin as it shows disrespect for everything. Crying shows respect for at least something. God created the Universe not to be laughed at or mocked but to be cherished and respected. God created us to Love Him first, and our neighbor second.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There is a deep beauty of crying in heaven. What is it about crying. Just letting it out or letting it in. Make sense>

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That presumes there are only two options

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

To me, laughter is a sin as it shows disrespect for everything. Crying shows respect for at least something. God created the Universe not to be laughed at or mocked but to be cherished and respected. God created us to Love Him first, and our neighbor second.

Anyone who believes laughter is a sin is a devil himself. It keeps us sane, nevermind releasing lovely endorphins.

Someone that doesn't laugh isn't ready to go out into the world and love. I wish their was a dissaproving "shaking finger" smiley.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Anyone who believes laughter is a sin is a devil himself. It keeps us sane, nevermind releasing lovely endorphins.

Someone that doesn't laugh isn't ready to go out into the world and love. I wish their was a dissaproving "shaking finger" smiley.

Satan laughs more than any being. Is he to be honored? Laughter is used frequently to attack people. I cannot for the life of me figure an appropriate time for laughter. If anything it is to go out in the world to hate.

Laughter is deception. Love is the Truth.

Laughter is False Joy.

Love God and His Solemnity and you will find True Joy.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
You must lead a very lonely life if you believe laughter is a sin. You have never shared a laugh with a loved one? You have never had a sibling that has made a funny face? You have never had a parent tell you a silly joke as a child? You have never laughed with your own children when they are having fun?

And why would any person be laughing in Hell? Hell is supposed to be the worst thing beyond imagination.

Laughing a sin?
Either you make this stuff up to get a reaction or you life a life of solitude and it has given you a twisted view of life.
Quite sad either way.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Greattech,

Where do you get this stuff from? Cracker Jacks or a fortune cookie??

There are NO tears in heaven for what is there to be sad of?

Rev 21:4
4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."
NASU

Where do you get Satan laughs more than any being?? Is this your own personal feelings?

Your words (on laughter) show your ignorance of Scripture.

Job 8:20-21
20 "Lo, God will not reject a man of integrity,
Nor will He support the evildoers.
21 "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter
NASU

Ps 59:7-8
7 Behold, they belch forth with their mouth;
Swords are in their lips,
For, they say,"Who hears?"
8 But You, O LORD, laugh at them;
You scoff at all the nations.
NASU

Eccl 3:3-4
3 A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4 A time to weep and a time to laugh;
NASU

There is nothing wrong with laughter, it is not a sin to laugh, no more than it is a sin to cry. The circumstances provide the context for the emotion expressed.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
UnrealZA, does God laugh? Does Satan laugh? Both? Neither? If neither, is it only a human thing to laugh?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Do you just ramble on or do you actually read posts put up by people??

I gave you the Scripture that states there is a time to cry and a time to LAUGH. This is Gods Word and it is GOOD.

Did you miss those passages? Those are just a few of many that mention laughter as something GOOD. What you need to do is demonstrate where Scripture states that laughter is a sin and where Satan laughs the most.

I state that you cannot do this but rather that your statements are based on personal and subjective "feelings". You FEEL this is true and godly but cannot provide Scripture for it, yet you continue to believe it and preach it as though it is Scripture.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i'd rather laugh with the sinner's
and cry with the saint's, the sinner's are much more fun,
only the good die young.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Laughter in Hell will turn to weeping and wailing.

There is no laughter in hell. It is a place of loneliness and torment.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA

I gave you the Scripture that states there is a time to cry and a time to LAUGH. This is Gods Word and it is GOOD.

Did you miss those passages? Those are just a few of many that mention laughter as something GOOD. What you need to do is demonstrate where Scripture states that laughter is a sin and where Satan laughs the most.

I state that you cannot do this but rather that your statements are based on personal and subjective "feelings". You FEEL this is true and godly but cannot provide Scripture for it, yet you continue to believe it and preach it as though it is Scripture.

UnrealZA, you are more knowledgeable of Scripture than I, so what would the Scriptural answers be to my questions: does God laugh? Does Satan laugh? Both? Neither? If neither, is it only a human thing to laugh?

If Scripture cannot answer, maybe it is incomplete, and we should add a few books.

dbrandt, does God laugh? Does Satan laugh? Both? Neither? If neither, is it only a human thing to laugh?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

If neither, is it only a human thing to laugh?

This may not be relevant to your query but there are animals that laugh also.
www.livescience.com
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA

UnrealZA, you are more knowledgeable of Scripture than I, so what would the Scriptural answers be to my questions: does God laugh? Does Satan laugh? Both? Neither? If neither, is it only a human thing to laugh?

If Scripture cannot answer, maybe it is incomplete, and we should add a few books.

dbrandt, does God laugh? Does Satan laugh? Both? Neither? If neither, is it only a human thing to laugh?

Does God laugh? Well it would appear so from the passage I gave you. Now is this symbolic or a figure of speech? Could very well be....the point though to consider is that Scripture does not call laughter a "sin".

Does Satan laugh? Scripture is silent in regards to this.

When something is good we smile. If we have done something pleasing for another we smile. God said that His creation was GOOD and He has imparted to us, although in a very limited way, some of His attributes. It can be argued that if we smile at what is good and pleasing so then does God.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Laughter is (at least in it's purest form) from God. Haven't you ever done something that caused a baby to laugh? Isn't it an awesome moment? Who taught the baby to laugh? Man did not. It knew from before. Laughter is from God.

Crying is (at least in it's purest form) an expression of disappointment. You ever seen a baby cry? Isn't it a terrible moment? You'd do anything in your power to make it happy again. Crying is from God, but what purpose would there be to cry in heaven?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
There is no laughter in hell. There is no crying in heaven.
Therefore you question can't be answered.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Is it Better to Cry in Heaven or Laugh in Hell?

a silly odd man approached in the nude armed only with his truth and said: be not afraid, you need not fear me. look, i am naked and have chosen to arm myself only with my truth, to present it to you, so you may judge it accordingly and see if it is compatible with your truth. be not afraid, please, i beg you, fear is not afraid, why should you be? please, judge this truth:

and the silly odd man named som approached, and you did not fear, and you heard these words and this truth to judge it according to all you know:

som spoke:

"neither is better than the other.

why laugh at those in hell? my god told me to love my enemies as i would love myself, and i have. and i judged it accordingly, and held up for comparison my truth, as you requested, i acknowledged it, i recognized it, i accepted it for what it was, and i am lovingfully . .. ...

it is only:

lovingfully truthingfully lovingfully knowingfully lovingfully truthingfully lovingfully fearingfully lovingfully truthingfully knowingfully lovingfully forgivingfully lovingfully healingfully lovingfully truthingfully lovingfully knowingfully truthingfully lovingfully.

21 words of my truth. jackpot!

truthingfully? is true thing, fully.

just my truth. if it is compatible with your truth, choose to find your truth and compare the two of them."

you judge this as true or false, you the "of eye you choose"

free will is free.

i thank you,

the silly odd man named som

edited to add this Post Script:

saint a clause:

what is it you say is the opposite of love?

hate?

hate is satan's mask for fearing all.

how do you justify hating anyone without believing they can take something you love away from you?

now, you think fear is the opposite of love?

fear is the mask of our god's lonleyness and fear is the mask of our god's saddness of being alone.

do you hate?

do you hate losing what you love?

what do you love?

0 - your first love was a given to you. it was your instinct of "self before you serve, aka, self preserve, aka, self preservation, aka, survive. not your fault, not your shame, not your guilt, not your fault, not our judgment, but yours if you awaken.

1 - your first (1st) love was FEAR, the byproduct of "self before you serve, aka, survive". not your fault, not your shame, not your guilt, not your fault, not our judgment, but yours if you awaken.

2 - your second (2nd) love was FOOD, as you needed it to grow, for cellular replication, so you would know how to determine and quantify, and define what your fears and fear should be.

3 - your third (3rd) love was FAMILY, as they provided you with more food, and more understanding of what fear was, they nurtured you and protected you, and hid from you your fears. not your fault, not your shame, not your guilt, not your fault, not our judgment, but yours if you awaken.

4 - your fourth (4th) love was FRIENDS, as they provided you with more knowledge, and they and their masks made you feel safe, they made you feel as though you belonged, they made you feel as though you were accepted, which you were. you were accepted by their masks of fears, lonliness, sadness, sorrow, and hate. you gave them what you thought they expected and what they wanted. you acknowledged them, you recognized them, you accepted them as they were with their masks, you loved them for what they were with their masks. not your fault, not your shame, not your guilt, not your fault, not our judgment, but yours if you awaken.

5 - your fifth (5th) love was F*%#ING. you were curious about this thing called love, and you are a physical creature only if you choose to be. So, in order to answer god's questions of "what is love, and what is love's opposite" you tried to understand love by experiencing the physical manifestation of love, and to answer the questions of "what is love, and what is love's opposite, what is love's enemy?". not your fault, not your shame, not your guilt, not your fault, not our judgment, but yours if you awaken.

6 - your sixth (6th) love was FINANCES. as they provided for you more understanding and experiencing of your first 5 loves, and helped mask the first and second from you, because you feared them. be not afraid.

hate, you are a mask of fear and do not exist.

how can any of god's creatures hate without fearing loosing that which they love?

i know what you love.

you love your truth, but until now you have not identified what it is that you have loved. your first loves are not your fault, be not afraid.

the burden is with the one who would know more than you. be not afraid.

the number of the beast is man.

the number of the beast is man's first loves.

what is man's first loves? truth? no. your first loves are:

fear
food
family
friends
f*%#ing
finances

SIX (6) loves SIX (6) times you put before truth, all of which begin with the SIX (6th) letter of the "ALL FIB I BET ..... alphibet", and you placed the "F" before the SEVENTH (7th), the "G".

the silly odd man said, no, look ..... ...

the 6th letter from the end of the alphibet is the: +, the T !!!!!!!

it is for truth, turned inwards towards the beginning.

do you understand?

judge this truth, see if it is compatible with yours. be not afraid.

and the silly odd man who stood in the nude with only truth and words of truth said:
i thank you for your time.

if i have not lied to you, take these words of truth, they are yours and i give them freely, share them with whomever you want, and everyone you want, please i beg you. have others judge this truth to see if they choose to accept it as their truth. true of false? yes or no?

i thank you for your time.

[edit on 23-9-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm new to this place however I've been reading long before I became a member thus, I've read many of your writings. So first I want to commend you for your high spirit and devoted love for God. I see what you're attempting to do and I pray for strength of journey.

Now onto this topic: It's a little misleading and seems to convey that it's depressing to not only be a believer of God but also to spend eternity with Him! This is not so at all, God certainly has a sense of humor! It is written throughout the Bible a few times, (I will search through and find verses for you.) Laughter is a beautiful expression of man as is a smile. When someone smiles it denotes confidence and care, among many other positive emotions. God loves to see His people smiling and happy. This world can sometimes take happiness from us so it's good to know that a laugh or smile can bring us sanity and most of all "hope"

I don't doubt that Satan laughs, he probably laughs at mans stupidity and defeat, he laughs when we are broken down. But this kind of laugh is obviously sinister in nature.

As for crying well we humans cry for many reasons, be that we are sad or happy. I've actually cried from being relieved of something or even being excited. However, I can assure you we won't be crying sorrowful tears in the new Jerusalem!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
There is no God
There is no Satan
There is no Heaven
There is no Hell
So quit your crying and start laughing!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What types of arts and crafts will there be in heaven and hell?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join