It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lot of Talk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading the posts on this site off and on for about a year. While I agree with a lot of things posted here about the current Administration in America not giving a crap about the American people and totally forgetting the reasons the country was founded, I find that a lot of people are just reading and reacting, but does anyone actually do anything to correct something they do not like ????(And I don't mean searching the web for outdated articles and hersay) I don't think so, so those types of members on this site can leave me alone, as for the rest that want to make a difference, we can be freinds.

I was born in the US, but now live in Germany for the last 10 years and I don't care if you know who I am, wtf are you going to do? kill me? Then I wouldnt worry about all the FRocked up stuff happening in this world.
cya around

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Someone got out the wrong side of bed this morning.

[edit - that wasn't very welcoming on it's own, was it - sorry moose - welcome to ATS!
]

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by UniversalFiction]

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Sorry, I forgot the
at the end of the message.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Welcome....

However, I am curious as to just what you'd be advocating doing??? We're pretty much at the mercy of the powers that be... Most of the populace is completely unaware of the most common truths that are on this site, and they don't want to hear about it either...

Nobody likes to see their fantasy view come crashing down.... So, about all we can do, is try to show the rest of the people, the man behind the curtain, and the true face of the Wizard...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm sure you'll turn out to be a virtue to this site.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well said, Gazrok.

Welcome to the board, mooseofterror!

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
That brainwashing is working pretty effectively it seems.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mooseofterror
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading the posts on this site off and on for about a year. While I agree with a lot of things posted here about the current Administration in America not giving a crap about the American people and totally forgetting the reasons the country was founded, I find that a lot of people are just reading and reacting, but does anyone actually do anything to correct something they do not like ????(And I don't mean searching the web for outdated articles and hersay) I don't think so, so those types of members on this site can leave me alone, as for the rest that want to make a difference, we can be freinds.

I was born in the US, but now live in Germany for the last 10 years and I don't care if you know who I am, wtf are you going to do? kill me? Then I wouldnt worry about all the FRocked up stuff happening in this world.
cya around

No offense man, but what exactly have you been doing? your post just show's that "I have been reading the posts on this site off and on for about a year" Not saying your NOT doing anything, but if you have somthing in mind that may make a diffrance I'd love to participate.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The very first thing that will be required is to get some members who are willing to live a rather frugal lifestyle, because what we need to do is get into the legal system and make the changes necessary, and as soon as that happens we will be cursed until the changes actually make a difference.
Or they eliminate the troublemakers, this is why there is strength in numbers.
Everyone wanting change must get together and support one another, because once the noise is made the machine you live off of will withdraw all of it's support.
Those guys in Iraq are not paying for freedom with their lives, they are paying for oil.
Freedom is much more costly.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
ok , first, the intro was meant as a joke or maybe it wasn't. If you felt offended you probaly have some issuses with youself and not me, but I didn't mean anything negative towards anyone. I have always been skeptical about the governments true intentions and religion or religion used for controlling people really drives me mad. Those are my interests. I just want to learn something, hear other peoples point of view, and maybe walk away with a bit more knowledge after I visit this site.

As for what I do...
At the moment I use my vacation and spare time to deliver food to 3rd world countries. I don't donate money, I collect food and supplies, load the truck, file customs paperwork and drive the truck to the people that NEED it. I just figure that if I can help someone, then why not. This doesn't change the current situation of the planet, but what I am I supposed to do. Tell me if you have an idea... that's what I am looking for, What can i do? and you ask what am I willing to do, how to put this... That depends on a lot of things and I don't want to answer that just yet.

I like what Gazrok said about "the man behind the curtain" I hear ya!

I don't want to disclose which humanitarian organization I work for, because there are some good hearted people that work with me that may not be as enthusiastic as I am about certain "topics"

Have a nice evening!

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mooseofterror
Hello Everyone,
I find that a lot of people are just reading and reacting, but does anyone actually do anything to correct something they do not like ????

Silly, that's why it's called a discussion board and not a...err...well, we discuss stuff, we don't really do stuff. Someone should think of a name for a board that does stuff instead of just discussing it.

Oh, yeah, and WELCOME TO ATS!

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I can't believe you don't enjoy the banter!

Welcome, and try to chill out!

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
"in accord with the enemy's disposition we impose measures on the masses that produce victory, but the masses are unable to fathom them. men all know the disposition by which we attain victory, but no one knows the configuration through which we control the victory. thus a victorious battle is not repeated, the configurations of response are inexhaustable"

do you understand that?

if not work on your way before judging others actions...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Moose I think that's really cool that you do that. Keep up the good work.

As for my post. I wasn't offended at all, and I hope you weren't either. I meant nothing negitive by it.

Joe THAT IS A KICK ASS IDEA ( at least I think it is ) make a Let's do somthing about this # board, or somthing like that.

Moose WELCOME TO ATS

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well MooseofTerror.......
Having lived in Maine for two years and having seen some really big freakin' MOOSE and having seen the damage they can inflict.........lets hope your are a bit more on the 'non-violent' side.

Welcome and greetings,
I hope your time here is an enjoyable one.
In all your aiding of those less forunate than us, I hope that you will find the time to contribute and become a participating member of the AS community.
If so.....pills are just down the hall.....umm, that way --->

May the MOOSE continue to be LOOSE...sorry...was an old saying when I lived up in Presque Isle, ME......"the moose is loose".....

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have always hated these stupid greeting threads. Everyone says the same thing EVERY time. AND DON'T SAY ANY BS ABOUT,"WHY'D YOU POST THEN." The Colonel posts where he posts.

As to greetings, I don't care what Moose does.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Colonel,

Someone asked what I do, thats the only reason I posted it. Its like everything else here, take it or leave it.
I don't care, I was just happy to find a place where people felt a bit the same way I do about certain things. Thx for the welcomes, cya around.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hey Colonel is that your Mom, or Dad in the pic? Just wondering thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
SHUT UP!
heh heh now that I have THAT out of the way....

Let me say this Moose, this is NOT an activism site it IS a discussion site however... Might I also point out that VERY FEW activist projects were carried out without FIRST discussing, agreeing upon and generally figuring out what it was that everyone was REALLY pissed off about! Just MHO...

WELCOME ABOARD! keep your head down and your brain *ON*...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Colonel

I've never said the same thing twice on an Introductions thread.

I betcha the big, ugly, halitosis-suffering, three-headed devil-horned moose with diarrhoea won't either.

(Sorry. Just the mental image I got.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join