It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messages on a Microwave Clock!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I ran across this and i thought it was eerie. I thought i'd put it here since...i didnt know where to put it.

On a weekend in March of this year something strange happened again with our microwave as it had about 3 months prior. My brother was heating his meal in the microwave and moved toward it when it was finished. He then noticed that the digital clock on the microwave spelt the word "Child". This had happened one time late in 2005 with exactly the same word on the same microwave. That time, we were so creeped out by it that we immediately pressed the button to clear; it required several attempts before the word was removed and the time was displayed again as usual. This most recent occurrence, we grabbed the digital camera and snapped some shots before we cleared the word, which again required several attempts. I have no idea what could cause a digital clock on a microwave to display a word instead of the time? It is interesting that not only letters of alphabet were displayed, but the colon that is normally lit when the clock reads the time was dark. I have no idea if it is a message or not. If it is, then what it could mean is also a mystery. My family and I are the original owners of this house, we are grown up (recently graduated university students) and there have not been any other strange occurrences here. Additionally, there are not any children in my family or neighborhood that have passed on within my lifetime. Maybe someone out there has heard of something similar or has an idea as to what this could have meant? Thankfully nothing similar has happened in the last couple of months.

Strange, huh?? I think i'd freak out too.www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I thought it was just like one of those pre-stored menus you get, you know like baked potato or casserole or chicken/lamb. lol

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
my microwave comes with presets for cooking and preheating children and dogs. You have to be very careful with babies and dogs. If the heat and time are off, even the slightest bit, many things can go wrong. Loss of flavor, dried out food and, worst of all, exploded food source. The mess is awful and, to make matters worse, you have to go get another child or your dinner party is ruined.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's either an abreviation for "Chilled" like you have a setting for defrost, reheat etc. Or an indicator that the child safety lock is on.

I found this on a site for people requesting manuals whilst searching for an explaination.

I should have better things to do with my life:shk:

www.instruction-manuals.co.uk...

MY AUNT HAS LOST HER INSTUCTION BOOKLET FOR HER MICROWAVE,& SOME HOW IT GOT
LOCKED IN SOME MODE TYPE,& THEY CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IT OUT OF THIS
MODE. IT COMES UP "CHILD".WHEN THE TIMER IS SET FOR 30 SEC. OR SO,THE OVEN ONLY
HEATS FOR 3 SECONDS,NO MATTER WHAT TIME YOU SELECT

Sorry about the caps.

[edit on 19-9-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Are you sure its not for making Child con carnie, they go lovely with rice!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Mmmm "Child con Carne"

It is a child lock feature though:-

answers.yahoo.com...

Q. So, I'd like to know how to enact the keylock to prevent her from using it unsupervised.

A. I found some Quasar manuals and, looking at a couple of them, they all seem to lock by pressing Start 3 times when time or a dot is showing ("Child" will display), and unlock by pressing Hold/Clear 3 times.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
It is a child lock feature though:-

That's the first thing that came to my mind too. My oven has a Jewish Sabbath feature so orthodox Jews don't accidently turn it on during the Sabbath. A few times I've accidently put in that mode and had to dig around for the manual to figure out how to turn it off.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh well, thanks for your imput and i guess that takes care of that.

I will try the Child con Carne, though....

top topics

join