It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Man Crashes Barricade

page: 1

join
share:
Ox

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A man armed with a gun crashed his car through a Barricade in Washington DC on Monday. He then fled his car and ran toward the Capitol Rotunda. The Capitol was locked down completely, he was later apprehended by Capitol Police while he was possibly having a seizure. The Capitol was occupied at the time. The scene has since been reopened and the suspect taken to a hospital.

news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - An armed man crashed his vehicle into a security barricade at the U.S. Capitol on Monday, ran into the building and was arrested, forcing the complex to briefly be locked down, authorities said.

The man was armed with a gun, said one security officer speaking anonymously pending an official briefing. The officer said the man was captured by police after running through the Rotunda in the center of the Capitol and down a stairway into the basement. He said the man appeared to be having a seizure, and was taken to a hospital.

Construction workers and police said the man drove his SUV through a barricade at the Capitol, where a major visitors' center is under construction. His vehicle also crashed into a water fountain on the plaza in the middle of the construction area.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This just strikes me as completely fishy. With the November elections going on and the all the troubles flights have been having lately, a man armed with "a gun" managed to drive his SUV through a barricade? and run through the rotunda of the Capitol? Highly unlikely. I know from personal experience that these barricades dont just block one intersection, these barricades are set up for several blocks just incase someone is able to slip through, this has BS written all over it.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Ox]

[edit on 18-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If he's having a seizure, how is he able to hold a gun, keep the car driving straight through gates and then run toward the Capitol Rotunda?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Siezures take many forms. Keep in mind that "fainting" or passing out due to stress is actually categorized as a form of siezure. Certainly a grand mal siezure would prevent an individual from effectively driving a car or wielding a weapon, but a "lesser" siezure could allow some level of diminished consciousness.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Late Again?

In other news, Congressman Patrick J. Kennedy has filed a complaint against Capitol Police, alleging that police acted improperly and prevented him from participating in an important vote being conducted in the House of Representatives this morning, for which he claimed to be "late".

Ox

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I find this whole debacle to be crap.. I mean.. These streets arent blocked off RIGHT at the Capitol, they're blocked off for blocks and blocks before, with barricades at each block incase someone does make it through.. and its a little convenient that he had a seizure and was whisked away to "a hospital" out from public view so quickly.. All this mess before the elections? all this "terror" before the elections.. Do I smell some vote winning schemes? Bush is all terror all the time lately.. and it wouldnt surprise me if this were a part of that

top topics

join