It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlestar Galactica Returns!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
It's about darn time, too...

Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi

This is a mini series, "re-imagining" of the old series, ie Starbuck and Boomer are now women, some characters are gone, new ones are introduced, much of the story is different... at least we can expect some "science" in the show as opposed to vague references about Vipers doing lightspeed.

What do you all think? Boycott the show or cheer it on? (The BSG fan base HATES this remake, apparently)

I love these BTS smilies...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I will definitely check it out...

Richard Hatch has been trying to get BSG going again for a while...

Well, the BSG fanbase isn't going to like anything but the original, and that's just too bad...

At least they are forgetting about the Galactica 1980 fiasco, and using the original base storyline.....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well, it was a little slow in the beginning, but overall it was pretty good. I had a little trouble seeing what kind of history they were trying to establish....as they showed schematics of the old Cylons, but then negated the old storyline by having them at relative peace, and the original colonies intact, etc.... I know what they were going for...but I can see it causing confusion....

On it's own merit though, I think it will continue to be pretty good... I'll likely revisit the thread, and nitpick later, hehe.....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
i am by no means a BSG fan, but i have seen most of the originals thanks to the sci fi channel. however i was not impressed with this miniseries at all. the only things i liked was the women they cast in the roles of starbuck and that cylon chick i think she went by the name "number 6". maybe it could have been better if they would have made it longer than 2 parts.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang
i am by no means a BSG fan, but i have seen most of the originals thanks to the sci fi channel. however i was not impressed with this miniseries at all. the only things i liked was the women they cast in the roles of starbuck and that cylon chick i think she went by the name "number 6". maybe it could have been better if they would have made it longer than 2 parts.

i liked it. im gonna catch the whole thing when sci fi airs the whole thing back to back on sunday at 6 central

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ok, so this was obviously a new pilot...and did well, WTF is the series???

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Watched it as a kid and will watch it now. Can't wait.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
From the looks of the latest spots on the Sci Fi channel, looks like it just may be a series after all. I don't remember Richard Hatch in the mini-series that aired, yet he's in the ad spots. (could just be forgetting it though) He was trying to get the rights since forever, to do his own Galactica movie project. Met him and the guy who played Boomer once, at one of the sci fi conventions. Met the gal who played Shiela too...

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Met the gal who played Shiela too...

Don't you mean Sheba? CDR Cain's daughter?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Don't you mean Sheba? CDR Cain's daughter?

Yep, didn't think that sounded right...I got it right when I met her though.

Looks like the series is starting up in Jan.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I want to watch it. As long as I forget the original I should do fine.

But I cannot watch it because of the "Shaky Camera" it gives me headaches and nausea.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I haven't seen it yet, but plan to. I enjoyed the original, although how the hell the Cylons ever hit anyone was beyond me. They were as slow as the zombies in the original 'Dawn of the Dead' films

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I think it's great DESPITE retaining Glen Larson from the original series as a consultant. The original was so campy as to be unwatchable even as a kid. That damn robot dog and all the kids.

This one's cool though. Dr. Bashir as the turncoat Doctor. The Andromeda pilot as Starbuck. The First Lady from Independence Day as the President...

A few problems though. Like their space math is apparently way off. They lose 60% of the fleets water in the episode "water", then suddenly only have enough rations for 2 days. Meaning, before losing 60% they only had enough for 5 days??? Okay, so they make this huge deal about needing to find an ice moon...but they would have anyway in another 3 days, right?

Like every 5 days basically. I know, I know. Just repeat to myself it's just a show, I should really just relax.

The first non mini-series episode was the worst yet I thought. Don't like like the prison riot storyline. It's getting less Sci Fi, more soap opera already. Next, the President will have breast cancer.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I think it's great DESPITE retaining Glen Larson from the original series as a consultant. The original was so campy as to be unwatchable even as a kid. That damn robot dog and all the kids.

This one's cool though. Dr. Bashir as the turncoat Doctor. The Andromeda pilot as Starbuck. The First Lady from Independence Day as the President...

A few problems though. Like their space math is apparently way off. They lose 60% of the fleets water in the episode "water", then suddenly only have enough rations for 2 days. Meaning, before losing 60% they only had enough for 5 days??? Okay, so they make this huge deal about needing to find an ice moon...but they would have anyway in another 3 days, right?

Like every 5 days basically. I know, I know. Just repeat to myself it's just a show, I should really just relax.

The first non mini-series episode was the worst yet I thought. Don't like like the prison riot storyline. It's getting less Sci Fi, more soap opera already. Next, the President will have breast cancer.

Dude! Gaius just LOOKS like Bashir. i had to check it out, but the actor is actually named James McCain. Bashir was played by Alexander siddig. I know, wierd, they could be twins. I'm not sure about Starbuck, though. I don't think it's the same actor. Actually, I'm being told it's not. Damn, remarkable though.

As for you chumps, unable to realize the full glory of the intraweb, I have gone ahead and pirated from teh miniseries to episode 11. While I CAN say that it does get slightly less scifi and more soapy, it also gets more philosophical at points and occasionally even political. You can't just condemn a series for having the soapy element. It's like DS9... you had to suffer through the first four seasons in order to enjoy the last three.,

DE

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

That damn robot dog and all the kids.

You're thinking of Galactica 1980...(well, the robot dog was in all, but the kids anyhow).

Galactica 1980 is kind of like Highlander II. True fans like to pretend it never existed, hehe....
They tried to maintain the momentum of the original series, with cheaper talent, cheaper effects, and used a lot of stock footage from the old show...and of course, it didn't work at all....

So far, I'm impressed with the new one...though making the Silons able to be human-looking, is a bad direction I think.....

Dude! Gaius just LOOKS like Bashir. i had to check it out, but the actor is actually named James McCain. Bashir was played by Alexander siddig. I know, wierd, they could be twins

I thought it was Bashir too, wow...have to tell the wife on that one....

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Dude! Gaius just LOOKS like Bashir. i had to check it out, but the actor is actually named James McCain. Bashir was played by Alexander siddig. I know, wierd, they could be twins. I'm not sure about Starbuck, though. I don't think it's the same actor. Actually, I'm being told it's not. Damn, remarkable though.

DE, I can't believe that's not Bashir. Damn.

As for Starbuck, come on. That's Becca from Andromeda. It's got to be.

And now the Farscape chick is joining Stargate too.

There's only like 12 actors at Sci Fi. Has to be Becca. Has to be.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I checked the actors! It's NOT Lisa Ryder. ANyways, I watched Kobol's Last Gleaming pt. 1 , and my sadness is many that the seri...WAITAMINUTE! You british heretics call a season a series. I hope...

Because next week is Kobol's gleaming pt 2, labeled the 'series finale' on SkyOne. Frankly, battlestar is a fresh, new heroin that's giving me new life. Best thing to happen to scifi in a LONG time. I hope that it runs as many seasons as Stargate, because I haven't seen a bad episode of Battlestar.

DE

JAK

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I totally agree DeusEx it is a much needed breath of fresh air for Sci-Fi. The only thing I can think of that interested me with such a air of novelty was when DS9 appeared.

I waited for this for some time and with some apprehension, wondering just how good, or bad it would be. When I started hearing a few things, like Starbuck being a woman, I really didn't hold out much hope.

After I watched the very first offering though I was hooked.
And I have yet to recommend it to a friend who doesn't then suffer the same addiction. It is an excellent adaptation. Starbuck and Boomer are excellent characters [especially Boomer, what a fantastic idea
]

Jak

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
One thing I'd like to point out about the new BSG. Sci-Fi channel has done a great job with the cinematography and the music, the combination of those two adds alot to the show. That's one thing you have to give Sci-Fi chan. credit for, making the show much darker and more adult oriented and also putting effort into a well rounded show (meaning story, cinematography, musical score, acting, and effects).

On a side note Tricia Helfer who plays Number Six is very very very fine, there aint nuthin wrong wit dat! She used to be a Victoria's Secret model. She definately adds a little fantasy to my science fiction enjoyment. The only down side is she's Canadian

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow. Tonight was of fire. Best episode yet.

This has to be the most intense series ever on TV.

Kicks "Roots" butt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join