It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has made the most technologically advanced warship canon!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
we are the 3rd country in the world to posses this technology after US and Italy. All those people who said Iranians are incapable of making such sophisticated weapons need to take back their word. Pictures of it will be shown soon

TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- Iran's navy commander Admiral Sajjad Kouchaki said that Iranian military experts have succeeded in making the most advanced sea shell in the world.

The shell called 'Fajr' comprises 25 thousand parts manufactured through partnership of over 100 Iranian companies and academic elites.

The 76mm-caliber shell enjoys a wide variety of military capabilities and can hit sea and air targets within the range of 19 km or 23 thousand feet in distance, respectively.

The shell has been deployed on a PT boat called 'Joshan' which has also been manufactured by Iranian experts, the military official stated.

Admiral Kouchaki also pointed out that after the US and Italy, Iran is the third country to acquire the technology for building the sea shell.

www.farsnews.com...

[edit on 17-9-2006 by Mehran]

mod edit: Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 18-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
great

got any pics of this new weapon?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I still don't think it can match Isreal even if they have these shells, i say Isreal as they recently aquired some nuclear subs.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
what a load of bull flooding from Iran - yeah yeah yawn yawn look you made a super cannon shell - just like your super aircraft, super bombs, super suicide troops...

Oh I forgot, the suicide troops are real where as the rest is BS.

Yawn.

Oh and im not flaming the origional poster, just Iran and its constant BS.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wow, Yawn, i would be impressed, if it was WW2, seriousy, the days of Cannons on ships, as a main weapon, are long gone, whats the use when you can use a missle, torpedo, or airplane to bring down the ship more effectively? Its just more of Iran showing off its weapons, besides, its probably just a prototype, i seriousy doubt that they can manufacture enough, before the time come when they need to use it, too little, too late.

[edit on 9/17/2006 by The_Time_is_now]

MMP

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I hate to do this because you catch your fair share of heat but...

First you say that Iran cures AIDS (and it turned out they could only treat it) and now they have a big gun...great post.

Mehran, I know you're proud of Iran and you want to show people that you feel Iran is a decent country but threads like this just aren't doing anything for your cause. The stuff you're posting is simply not impressive. You even admit your country is 3rd in the world to have this technology.

So now Iran can treat AIDS and has a 76mm shell...I guess I'll be the first to welcome you to NOT THE YEAR 1970. You keep this kind of stuff up and you may catch up to the year 2006 like rest of the world!

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
A far more important question is not "what new advanced weapons has Iran developed", but rather "what are their intentions in respect of using them".

But in spite of making all these weapons advances in other arenas, we are asked to collectively believe that the mad mullahs have only peaceful power generation in mind for Iran's nuclear program.

As for this advance, the caliber (76mm) sounds like it was made for an Italian OTO Melara naval gun, and if Italy already has this technology, it may just be another one of Iran's reverse engineering projects.

Regrettably, even if this is the case, some credit is due.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Im still stuck in last years weapons technology. I can never seem to catch up.

Ive been working my behind off..to get the USS Texas ready for sea...particularly in the Tomahawk vertical launch system. Come to find out from Mehran Im wasting my time..IM behind the technology curve. Im stuck in last years technology. And I dont even have a tire to kick around.

I always seem to be a year or two behind the technology curve!! Dang!!!!

I should have gone into avaition.

Orangetom.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

particularly in the Tomahawk vertical launch system. Come to find out from Mehran Im wasting my time..IM behind the technology curve.

I was actually hoping for a technical explaination when i saw your name in this thread, but this is close enough

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Man, stay away from aviation. Now there's an industry where you can be sooooo last week!

Mehran, do you have any idea why this is considered special? Other than a cut and paste from the original document, you haven't provided any form of analysis, and thus left yourself open to some of the comments you can read above. Why do you believe that this is a big deal?

Also, I think your thread title is quite misleading. By Iran's own admission, they are at least third to possess this "technology", so your thread title is plain wrong. This probably got a lot of people offside from the very start.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP
So now Iran can treat AIDS and has a 76mm shell...I guess I'll be the first to welcome you to NOT THE YEAR 1970. You keep this kind of stuff up and you may catch up to the year 2006 like rest of the world!

There was NO AIDS on the 1970s!!

my two cents..

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Alright...alright...I know this is tacky but I cant pass it up after my last post...

19 kilometers..thats a long long distance for a shipboard cannon!!

Can any of you say......."Harpoon!!"

I know ..I know..public schooling.!!! I dont know what some people are thinking.

Orangetom

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
There was NO AIDS on the 1970s!!

my two cents..

Erm!!! I believe there was

The oldest documented case of the then-unknown syndrome was detected that same year, when a 25-year-old British sailor who had traveled in the navy between 1955 and 1957

en.wikipedia.org...

Not for discussion in this thread though

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
we are the 3rd country in the world to posses this technology after US and Italy. All those people who said Iranians are incapable of making such sophisticated weapons need to take back their word. Pictures of it will be shown soon

TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- Iran's navy commander Admiral Sajjad Kouchaki said that Iranian military experts have succeeded in making the most advanced sea shell in the world.

The shell called 'Fajr' comprises 25 thousand parts manufactured through partnership of over 100 Iranian companies and academic elites.

The 76mm-caliber shell enjoys a wide variety of military capabilities and can hit sea and air targets within the range of 19 km or 23 thousand feet in distance, respectively.

The shell has been deployed on a PT boat called 'Joshan' which has also been manufactured by Iranian experts, the military official stated.

Admiral Kouchaki also pointed out that after the US and Italy, Iran is the third country to acquire the technology for building the sea shell.

www.farsnews.com...

ooh i like sea shells, does it make a pretty sound when you hold it to your ear?

i just couldn't help myself

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Erm!!! I believe there was

The oldest documented case of the then-unknown syndrome was detected that same year, when a 25-year-old British sailor who had traveled in the navy between 1955 and 1957

en.wikipedia.org...

Not for discussion in this thread though

Maybe .. but from your source:

The official date for the beginning of the AIDS epidemic is marked as June 5, 1981, when the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported in its Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report newsletter that unusual clusters of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia had been discovered in gay men in Los Angeles in the early 1980s.[18] Over the next eighteen months, more PCP clusters were discovered among otherwise healthy men in cities throughout the country, along with other opportunistic diseases (such as Kaposi's sarcoma[19] and lymphadenopathy[20]), common in immunosuppressed patients.

Off topic but good enough until we get some more info on that shell..

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
actually 19km is pretty far for cannons.... considering tank guns only fire up to 2kms

but I thought battleships nowadays mainly use missiles instead of cannons, since you can't really hit any moving targets 19km away, instead you need to use like a guided missile or sumthin.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by warset]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hmm....76mm....sounds a lot like the Oto Melara 76 mm.

The effectiveness of naval guns in modern warfare is doubtful. However, if the Iranians can achieve the same rate of fire as the Melara, the gun could prove to be a very useful anti-surface/air artillery. I know for a fact that 76mm and 57mm guns have been considered for the CIWS roles in the past. Two Argentinian skyhawks were allegely shot down by 114mms during the falklands.

19km for a 76mm sounds kind of inflated....unless you can somehow fire base bleed rocket assisted rounds at 120r/m......

I'd seriously like to see the barrel life on that gun.....

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
okie-dokie , back on topic folks :

19000M range for a 76mm ????? hmmmm .

it would help if we knew just what the iranian ministry of propaganda is boasting about today , is it just a new shell ? , in which case - it is not going to extend an existing 76mm gun to such a dizy range .

you simply cannot get traditional range enstending techmologies [ base bleed , RAP etc ] into a 76mm casing -- esp if you want to have any room for filler left

nor for that matter is it going to have 25 thousand components . unless you engange in some very creative accounting

PS -a huge component count , is often a symptom of poor design and low tech solutions , the fewere components that can actually do the required job -- the more robust and reliable it will be

or is it an entire new canon , as per the title ?

frankly i am almost past caring .

the OP seems to have abandoned his last threads , most promenently , the " cure for aids " debarcle , without coment and moved on to fresh pastures [ boasts ] for which he produces no credible evidence

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Maybe its range instead of effective range.

The Otobreda 76 mm has a range of 18,400 m so the irans could have reached 19km or rounded up

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Actually, I think think the Otobreda 76mm's range is more in the 8-10km range. It should be remembered that few naval guns are fire at their maxium range. (45 degrees)

" can hit sea and air targets within the range of 19 km or 23 thousand feet in distance, respectively. "

--- 19km is 23 thousand feet? Whaaa?

I can certainly see the application of such a system on a small ~200 ton gun boat in the anti-smuggling role, as well as being a bombard platform in disputes with neighbouring states. Why does everyone these days think that everyone must be used to fight the American navy anyways......

Heres a Otobreda 76mm:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join