It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any new secret planes/spaceships?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
ok if i can get this straigt...so the lockheed SR-71 blackbird was developed 1966(but was tested and operational long before that probably) hase a maximum speed of MACH 3.3 (2193.167 mph, 3529.560 km/h) at 80,000 ft (24 000 m).
the new F-22 Raptor that is going to take place in USA's airforce and is concidered the newest and so on,can max out only MACH 2.42.
now whats up with that?surely they are researching and having better test planes.
ive searched anyware but i cant find anything.
u guiz have any ideas

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I don't get it... Where did you got exact information that F-22 max out at that mach 2.42? Please consider this, Raptor's top speed is the Pentagon's classified as top secret in naked eyes. I even had impression that it can go past Mach 3 very easily. Will we ever know, maybe in 50 years. I don't want anyone ever to claim the truly top speed which they obviously know. Everyone have different saying on this kind of topic.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't mean't to put the little harsh words. Its just that we all doesn't even truly know F-22's full level of performances. That jet is consider as classified in the white world. I admire your searching for more jets and I'm telling you, I did all the searching and tried the image search on yahoo and google, its difficult to find any except fantasy jets. The F-22's F119 engines are consider the most powerful operational engine in the world and look at F-22's air intakes, its pretty large enough to feed the increndible power of thrusts into the engines to push F-22 beyond the unpredictable levels only its pilots, designers and commander knew. Now, I already knew that the new variant of F-22 (F-22C) already guaranteed one thing, it will be powered by F135 engines that generate 9,000 more lbs of thurst than F119. It doesn't matter how many people say about this jet in positive and negative sides, it's already guaranteed the air-dominance fighter for next 30-50 years. There will be other countires that will develop to counter or possibly best F-22 but most matter is that Raptors will replace the fighter that never had lost in the air to air combat, hence F-15 Eagle.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh yeah sure, they just rolled a top secret classified hydrogen-powered high-altitude attack-reconnaissance aircraft out of Skunk Works the other day!

How are we meant to know about any new secret planes or spaceships? By that word alone, 'secret,' it is impossible that we know! Perhaps if you had said 'supposed to be secret' or whatever, that would have made more sense.

Oh, btw, your info on the SR-71 is wrong. The SR-71 itself actually first flew in '64, while the A-12, pretty much a single seat prototype SR-71, flew in 1962.

In the meantime between the production of the U-2 and the A-12, they tried to develop an aircraft called the CL-400 Suntan, whose engines WERE actually going to be fuelled by liquid hydrogen. But that project failed miserably, and thus they developed the A-12.

Go out and do the research yourself. And google isn't the only search engine out there, and most probably isn't even the best.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I think they all-ways come out ..we don't no till maybe years from now .But they are there. ! Thing is , US. has no money to spend on anything that we no about . Hence stuff we don't no ,for alot of years later .Sorry ! no new versions this years . lol

[edit on 16-9-2006 by vertol]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
o i didnt consider that.i got the info on wikipedia.and yes there was a plane before the blackbired but he was making like 2.7.
but i didnt know that they hide how truly fast the raptor can go.wiki says only 2.2

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Wikipedia is not a definitive source. It is a collaborative effort by people from all over the planet. If you were to use a Wikipedia reference in university you would usually get a fail.

Given that, it is a great place to start, but I usually trust Janes or the FAS for aircraft stats.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
yes i know the articles are writen by people from everywhere and theres no way that they have the true secret projects info.whats that stuff ur talkin about?sites?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Blackbird was a spyplane, F-22 is a fighter. It does not follow at all that just because the Blackbird was hitting mach 3 in the sixties then the Raptor should be doing the same or better now. Any thoughts that the Raptor can get to mach 3 are also just wishful thinking. Just look at the aerodynamics of it, it is not a mach 3 airframe, its too fat and too short for that kind of speed.

If you applied the saame kind of "logic" across across the board then you would be looking for a secret airliner that was faster than Concorde, a secret propeller plane that is faster than the Grumman Bearcat, maybe even a secret British fighter that was faster than the Lightning! Speed aint the be all and end all, aircraft are far more complex than that.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
yes afcourse.maybe i should be more interested in the space aircraft

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Speed dosn't mean the aircraft is better. The blackbird is a reconnaissance plane, and the F22 is a fighter jet. You can't compare.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Exactly, it's impossible to compare. The F-22 is propably the best air-superiority fighter today. And it doesn't go faster than mach 1.7-2.0. Speed isn't everything, that's one of the first rules.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If you looking for info on new Black Project related to airplanes, I suggest you start by picking up a copy of the newest issue of Popular Sciencs.

It's called THE TOP-SECRET WARPLANES OF AREA 51

If you want to find out more about it check the ATS tread on it in the Area 51 and other Facilities fourm: CLICK HERE

Tim

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
1. The F-22 aerodynamic planform is tailored for Mach 2.2 -> 2.4 or whereabouts flight.

It will not do Mach 3 or anything like it, such thinking is simply ludicrous.

2. Faster, Further, Higher was the old motto for combat aircraft (the last of which would have been the F-4 generation). After Vietnam, much more emphasis was put on manouvering, initially subsonics, but now transonic and supersonic manouvering are high on the list of priorities.

3. The problem with going much faster than Mach 3/4 is mainly propulsion techniques and propulsive efficiency at speeds. A turbojet runs out of puff at around Mach 3 or so [see image]. A RAMJET is good to around Mach 4/5, after which a SCRAMjet is best [even it runs out of puff at around Mach 21 or so IIRC].

While the A-12/SR-71 used RAMjets, it was limited to around Mach 3.3 by heating and aerodynamic planform. NASA investigated making the things a bit faster, but the return didn't justify the expense, so they decided against it. SCRAMjets are much newer on the scene, and the test of the X-43 was the first public flight of the propulsion system [perhaps the military have used it before, but I seriously doubt it due to the duplication of work]

What is really needed for the things I think you seek is a fundamental change in propulsion techniques, no longer sucking in/shooting out air or whatever, but something that uses space-time distortions to move along. Unfortunately, we are quite a way off that, although I think some theories of electro-magnetics allow for interaction with gravity, and indeed, ESA demonstrated this:

Kirkland, WA (PRWEB) March 29, 2006 -- The European Space Agency announced on March 21st the results of an experimental test in which a superconductor rotating at 6,500 rpm is shown to gain acceleration as the result of what is believed to be a gravity-modification effect. As reported by the ESA, "The experiment demonstrated that a superconductive gyroscope is capable of generating a powerful gravitomagnetic field, and is therefore the gravitational counterpart of the magnetic coil. Although just 100 millionths of the acceleration due to the Earth’s gravitational field, the measured field is a surprising one hundred million trillion times larger than Einstein’s General Relativity predicts."

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
The F-22 is propably the best air-superiority fighter today. And it doesn't go faster than mach 1.7-2.0. Speed isn't everything, that's one of the first rules.

Umm... not so fast there (pardon the pun), the F-22 can do Mach 2 and I'd say it's top seed would have to be somewhere around 2.4 and 2.5

Oh by the way it has been publicly acknowledged that it has super-cruised faster than Mach 1.7

[edit on 17-9-2006 by WestPoint23]

join