It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if We had Peace?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I didnt know where to put it so i'm putting it under "war on Terrorism"

What if we had peace?

Imagine. Bush would not be the "wartime president"....The Middle East would be taking out each other as they always have...other countries would be at each others throats...but we had peace in our own country because we minded our own business....
Terrorism has always been there so we could put all our armies, Marines, etc on our soil, ready if need be, to protect us. We could have submarines and coast guards on our shores....Of course, our air space would be watched...
What would be so bad?
Our men could come home and at least be close to their families...
What would be so bad about this?
Why do we always have to have a prescence in other countries?
Please dont tell me "we take the war to them, so they dont bring it here"

That's nonsense.

What if we minded our own business? There has to be a way for us to accomplish this in our little part of the world without putting so many men/women at risk...

Any thoughts? I think it IS REALISTIC and can be accomplished.

A civilized country such as ours ought to be setting examples- dont screw with us and we wont screw with you.
Of course, my little fairy tale is not viable if we want what others have- like oil. But just for a second, imagine.
This is something we could accomplish with the correct administration in place, if we had the right people in office.
So, some think we were attacked (and we were) Sept 11. Ok, 3000 lives were lost.
Not a pretty scene. But instead of declaring an all out war and going after Osama's first , second and third in command, and everyone associated with him and not associated with him, we did just that, except the said perpetrator, OSama.

I guess my point is if Osama is not around- leave it alone. The man is dead, for christs sakes. Protect THIS NATION- close all the borders, and let us go on living our lives as we had prior to 9/11. Keep a close watch on overseas flights (or dont go overseas at all) just domestic flights.
I really think those cells said to be in the USA should be easy enough to find and deport. Clean up the USA. And dont let anyone in who might pose a threat.

A little Utopia where only those documented belong- out with the rest. If it wasnt for greed and votes, we could have accomplished this long ago. For the sake of Republican votes, pfffttt.......who needs them?
I'd vote Republican again if the US was totally protected again. here we have people coming thru tunnels from Mexico with other than Spanish accents, from Canada, by boat....and its still being allowed.

Send them all back- I think our shores should have armies, so should our borders.
Walls would be perfect too.
NO ONe Allowed.

Simplistic but its a start. Let Americans live in freedom instead of everyone now being suspect.
Here Here!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
No one is biting?

Surely, there must be a way to border up the USA and have some semblance of freedom for our people.

NO? I am just being dilussional here?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think many people would be upset:

- The ones who are gaining lots of money with all the logistics needed for the deployment of troops and other support personnel and systems
- The ones who are gaining money with the reconstruction and re-equipment of the affected areas
- The ones who are gaining money with the development of new weapons systems to update or replace the ones that are seen as not that useful in the new type of war

But I also think that all the other people would be happier.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well let these Islamic Fascist take over then we will see how safe you will feel then.

Remember, they don't mind committing suicide if it kill you and your family.

Take all of the nations that the main religion is Islam, put then under the president of Iran or someone like him or Bin Laden, or one of his generals.

These people will kill the own to get their way.

To have US troops back in the USA is a nice thought but that move will show weakness on the governments part and the SWHTF. You won't have enough money to buy one gallon a gas.

We haven't even considered the little nut in North Korea or the one south of Mexico.

Roper

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Weakness???

Oh, people who want peace and dont want to fight are weak? meh....

I would rather be a coward than a warrior. It can be done and what an example we would be setting for the world.
I dont pretend to know all about world politics, but this sure would send a sign, wouldnt it?
Instead of people looking upon us with hatred, they would want to copy our ways and by the same token, they would not want to mess with us either. Nothing wrong with being on high alert as to what the other parts of the world could do to us and at the same time sending a message that if you do screw with us (again) we will destroy them in an instant.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What if we had peace? What a misleading post this turned out to be. You blame the wrong people, ask the wrong questions and deliver the wrong answers.

What if we had peace? We had peace. We had peace until September 11, 2001 - or did you forget about that little incident? Or does it not fit into your government bashing post?

I know, I know...you don't want to hear about it ( reality or not ) if you can't derail an American government official over it, right?

We had peace until radical muslim COWARDS took our lives, our family members lives, our peace of mind, our trust in strangers, our ability to fly without profiling, our hope for a peaceful future, our ability to embrace others religion.

You can lay blame here, just make you blame the proper group of people my friend, and STOP trying to make excuses for the bastards that did this to us and the world.

Clinton was in office when the first attack on the trade center occurred, Bush was in office when the second occurred. This is NOT about blaming the dems or reps...it is about stopping and wiping out the ones responsible for the killing, the radical muslims!

Please, for the sake of our nations and the worlds future, you and the others like you take the damned blinders off and see what is really going on before you or your loved ones are praying to allah or facing the knife blade of a radical pressed firmly against your throat. Who would you find to blame then?

NO? I am just being dilussional here?

YES!

- Beezer

[edit on 16-9-2006 by Mr Beezer]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
how can peace be attainable?
for peace to be attained there would have to be no governing law, no religious difference, a total exceptance of ethicity,color, creed & sexual preference.
in stead we have totalatorian governments, religious hatred, slavery is still excepted in some parts of the globe,gay and lesbians are still being classified as second class citizens.....
PEACE IS A MYTH!

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Mr. Beezer,

While I agree with you TOTALLY on the point you make that this is not about dems or reps (i.e. it is NOT a political issue), I have to point out that while we can say "we were at peace" before 9/11, we cannot say "we were without fault". And while it is, in fact, something that must be spread amongst several administrations (both red and blue), it still boils down to errant U.S. foreign policy assisting the situation that led to 9/11. We can never excuse the acts that occurred on 9/11, but if we don't try to view our policies toward the rest of the world from their perspective, we won't ever get better at treating other nations correctly; and we won't ever stop aggravating the piss out of them to the point that certain fanatical factions within them can use our policies as talking points to poison minds.

We've spent a century meddling in other people's business for the sake of "U.S. interests" and then trying to pass that meddling off as some sort of attempt to better the world. It's as transparent as the windshield on my car.

If we can't come to the point that we can admit that, we'll be doomed to just keep making the situation worse. And while no violent act against innocent people will be excusable, we'll still be left in the position of having to say - we probably could have avoided this if we'd just used the Golden Rule in our foreign policies. The lack of parity in U.S. foreign policy has been used by hate-mongerers to create an unorganized army of people who truly just want to kill us. We really ought to stop giving them the ammunition to pull that off.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't use the WAY ABOVE feature very often, but you made me think, so.......

You have voted Valhall for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

- Beezer

ps - Not that I totally agree with you, but still....

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The USA's policy on the USSR brought the wall down in Germany, yes-no?

USA policy on the USSR dissolved the USSR and now they are trying Democracy.

Are these event a good thing or bad?

Dgtemp, ever been the focal point of a bully? Whats the one thing that will get a bully to leave you alone? Show weakness and the bully just keeps on terrorizing you. Bloody his nose and he will leave you alone. May need to do this more than once but he will get the message.

Roper

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Roper,

The wall didn't come down because we punched some one in the nose. The wall came down because it was inevitable...patience and time brought the wall down.

And, yes, the wall coming down was a very good thing. Unfortunately, that doesn't have anything to do with the disparity of U.S. policy in the middle east....which is the area we keep screwing up in.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What you have to remember is that the peace we experienced here in america was relative. we CAUSED almost all of the major wars taking place outside the country or had some part in it. They play on the fact that we forget things very very fast here in america, i mean did you forget vietnam and what we did there. Also you cant play the game they want you to play of sesame street association 911-terrorist-osam-muslims-middle east-saddam hussein-blow up Iraq-try to blow up Iran even though the ippea has said that they will not be able to make nuclear weapons with there facility, "well they could hide them" I say to that when was the last time it was possible to build a NUCLEAR PLANT underground in the desert without anyone knowing. I mean come on

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Roper-

My point is if we start caring about the here and now and leave the others to kill themselves off, hell why not? ( they've been doing it for thousands of years) we may be better off.

YES- I'm aware of 9/11. NO- I dont live in a cocoon....YES, i'm aware that "terrorists" want to inflict pain on us....THAT COULDNT BE because we meddle everywhere, could it? pffft...

You are saying that if we stop watching out for "them" they will get us and we will be sitting ducks.
I am saying that if we didnt police the world, things just might be different.
9/11 is a horse of a different color, anyway. I happen to think (because i can) that was government inflicted by our own.

We need someone in office who ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE will secure the United States of America- THAT IS...the borders to begin with. How can you possibly fight terrorism with Ali Baba coming up from Mexico and Mohamad Gonnagetchu coming down from Canada?????
Bah...

Walls, border security (the real kind) and a thorough investigation of those who are in this country under suspicious nature should be sent out. That's it. As i said before, put the men in uniform all over this country's borders and ports.

No overseas flights- freeze those until we feel more secure.

Lets police our borders and ports and instead of spending trillions on cameras and Orwellian gadgets and ideas we could go on living as we WERE ACCOSTUMED TO.

In other words, with some semblance of freedom.

you dont have to agree. I realize some love the current agenda, your rights taken away from you. There's people for everything

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
When the West realize that their foreign policies in the 20th century (and ongoing) were the catalyst for many of the world's problems and violence, we may hope to achieve peace. Until then...

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Peace?

Not on your life! Americans love war. It’s as much American as apple pie. It's the one thing we do well! The Pilgrims began fighting the Indians in 1621. By 1757, we had the French and Indian War. We got mad at the Indians in the War of Rebellion - 1775-1783 - because many of the tribes sided with the British. We never got over that. We’re still mad at Native Americans. If you think not, just drive through any large Indian Reservation. Would you like to live there?

We killed most of the last remnants of Plains Indian hold-outs at the Battle of Wounded Knee, unintentionally but appropriately named. It was a massacre but we write it as a “battle.” We did just as badly by the Apache. We transported them in box cars - remember those Nazis? - from Arizona to Florida. At that time, Florida was infested with malaria bearing mosquitoes. Most of the Apaches died. We knew that would happen going in.

Earlier, in the 1820s, gold was discovered near Dahlonega in north Georgia. (I'm going up there in October.) Americans forcibly removed the Cherokees to Oklahoma. Yet another death sentence. Take a culture that prospered in the verdant lands of Appalachia, force them into a semi-arid region - Oklahoma - and you have prescription for slow death. It is estimated 5,000 to 15,000 Cherokee perished on the Trail of Tears. Say hello Bataan Death March.

We took Florida from Spain in 1821. We annexed Texas in 1845. We took California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and part of Colorado from Mexico in 1848. We settled the dispute over the Oregon Territory in our favor. We took Hawaii from the Hawaii's in 1898. We had invaded Canada for the 2nd time in 1812, got mad when they would not join us in the War of 1812, and we burned York, the capital. It is now called Toronto. That is why the British Redcoats burned Washington in 1814. Tit for tat.

Q. What do you think has been the historical purpose of the US Marine Corps? A. They serve the corporate interest of the United States. Always have. Overt interveners. We have invaded the Central American countries more than 25 times. We occupied Haiti from 1918 to 1933, yet is remains the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. So what’s all this nation building I hear about? I have not overlooked the Barbary Coast War of 1805. Or our own Civil War of 1861-1865. The next war, the Spanish American War we now know was started on false premises! Say hello Iraq in 2003.

We fought and killed many Filipinos who wanted not only to be free of Spain, but to be free of America, too. 1899-1907. We engaged in the First World War, 1917-1918. Then, at the instigation of the British, engaged in a war in Russia in 1920-1922. We lost that one so it is out of our history books.

We have continued to intervene in foreign countries since the inception of the CIA which was touted in 1947 to be an intelligence gathering and evaluation agency. But, beginning in Iran in 1953 and continuing until today, the CIA has been assigned to handle America’s covert interventions. We’ve had World War 2. Korean War. The Bay of Pigs. Vietnam War. The invasion of Granada. Invasion of Panama. The Iran-Contras intervention in Nicaragua. The tracking down and murder of Che Guevara in Bolivia. The murder of al Zarqawi in Iraq. The two punitive expeditions to Iraq. The flagging Afghan experiment. And our secret bases around the world and our Special Forces doing secret things. Humph! How much secrecy can a democracy survive?

I’m not saying America is adverse to peace. I am saying we don’t know what peace is.

I am suggesting that peace is not part of the American psyche.

[edit on 9/16/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Vahall, the US had the ability to punch the USSR in the nose and the USSR knew it.

That's my point.

I agree that our North and South borders should be fully closed off and guarded.

Yep, we would be better off if all they did was kill each other off but they will stop when a strong leader comes along and unites the Muslin world. Isn't Iran working towards this goal? Wasn't Saddam trying this?

We stood on the sidelines and watched Hitler and Japan. Had we taken an earlier military action maybe we could have saved a lot of people.

You can still buy a firearm, you still have liberty!

Roper

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hitler was financed by people from Wall street. International Bankers. The very people who sponsored the Bolshevik revolution which spawned communism. It's because they're the ones who profit primarily from war. Armap forgot one. The people who are gaining immense amounts of money from countries who they are loaning money (AT INTEREST!!) to buy or build weapons.

Money and power is more important than lives to these people.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What do you mean send them all back, Oh I know until there's only the American red indians left. Mr Beezer where the hell do you live? in a fools paradise? what peace are you talking about, please tell me what century or decade that there has been peace on this planet.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
What do you mean send them all back, Oh I know until there's only the American red indians left. Mr Beezer where the hell do you live? in a fools paradise? what peace are you talking about, please tell me what century or decade that there has been peace on this planet.

Hey listen Einstein, no where in this post did I say send them back ( dg did ) so please seperate quotes with tags alot better in the future, ok?

When you finish your middle school class on history of the last decade then we can talk about what PEACE I am talking about.

If you don't know about something, you should ask without the almighty attitude you have been showing all around the board lately!

- Beezer

[edit on 16-9-2006 by Mr Beezer]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sorry about the tags and reffering to the last decade maybe you have forgotten that between Irag1-2 we continued to bomb in the now fly zones is that what you mean by peace, and have we not had Pakistan/India fighting over Kasmir and faceing each other off with nuke tests. Have we not had the Russians fighting in where the hell was it-one of the russian satelite states and have we not the Taliban fighing in Afganistan, have we not had the Israel's attacking the Palestians, all this in the last decade so it could just be my understanding of peace is different to yours.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join