It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Forum For Race, Ethnicity and Culture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Maybe we could have one for every race and nationality.

Hey dg, you gave me an idea. I just googled 'race relations forums'. Dozens upon dozens .. perhaps hundreds upon hundreds ... of forums exist on the internet for discussion of race relations. The purpose of THOSE forums are for race and relations discussions.

Google 'sexual orientaton forums' or 'homosexual discussion forums' or 'transgendered forums' .. and dozens upon dozens, perhaps hundreds, show up. The purpose of those forums is clear ... topics related to sexual orientations.

Google 'conspiracy' and this site comes up as THE site for CONSPIRACY.

dg .. isn't it amazing that there are so many sites and so many forums already out there for so many topics... including race and race relations ... and yet this is THE site for CONSPIRACY. Cool huh?

There is something for everyone on the internet, all ya' have to do is look around and it is there; all set and ready to go.

Makes you wonder how we got along without the internet, eh?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ladies please. For the love of all that is holy. This is what really does the biggest disservice to some of the threads concerning this topic.

It's not a terrible idea. It also is a social issue. I don't know if it stands out as more important than any other social issues, so I personally don't think the topic needs a forum of it's own.

I don't quite know all the finer protocols of this forum, but ceci, would you be able to start a thread that has collected all the links to threads about this topic? Could it be made sticky or whatever?

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That takes a lot of work. And perhaps that might be the thing to do during this time. Thank you for suggesting it. While I figure out a way to do this, I will read the posts from others.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Social Issues über alles

I can't see the need for a dedicated Race, Ethnicity and Culture forum. As other have already said, the Social Issues forum covers most of it. And there are other forums which can take the rest of the threads if required. At the time being there just isn't enough threads on the matter to justify it having its own forum. I've suggested new forums myself in the past and I suspect there might be some illusion of "if we build it, they will come". However, in my experience it doesn't work that way in here. Why can't such threads be posted in Social Issues or in other forums? Why?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I see your line of reasoning and I respect it. But, if the threads about race, ethnicity and culture in "Social Issues" were getting the proper respect that they were afforded, why isn't there a sub-forum for them? Why haven't they been paid the proper recognition in terms of conspiracy?

And, unfortunately, I haven't gotten a good answer what cars have to do with conspiracy.

----------------------------------------------------

Despite what was said, there was no attempt to degrade the current FSME at the Social Issues forum. He is doing his job as well as expected.

However, the humble request to the staff and administration remains to consider someone sensitive to race, ethnicity and culture to be appointed as FSME.

Since this thread was closed, all I would ask of others is to keep such a forum for "Race, Ethnicity and Culture" in mind. Continue to write about it. Ask for it. Promote it. And for the members who are sympathetic to the cause of having a forum for race, ethnicity and culture, please continue to make suggestions for it to the people upstairs. Please, members of color, especially speak out on the issue. All of your voices need to be heard.

If you could, make proposals for a sub-forum for all the threads afforded to race, ethnicity and culture. A sub-forum is equally as viable. There is also a case for it in conspiracy as any other topic despite the arguments against this notion.

And for anyone who feels that they can serve as a sensitive, caring and well-versed FSME concerning issues of race, ethnicity and culture, please throw your hat into the ring.

We need you very badly.

And please, if those sympathetic to this issue would like to do so, make a thread on one of the boards in which we can create ideas and brainstorm about how to bring race, ethnicity and culture into the realm of conspiracy to make it more inclusive on the board. We need as many ideas as we can get to integrate this subject matter more into the world of conspiracy. From there, issues of respect towards this subject matter can also be discussed.

Furthermore, I ask for those who participate in threads in these areas to treat others with dignity and respect. Please try to listen and respond with understanding.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The criteria for the establishment of new forums was outlined in my original post in this thread and reaffirmed by other staff members. Those criteria are not met for this case, and continued bumping of the thread combined with thinly veiled snipes at other members and at an FSME who was appointed with the full confidence of senior staff is not going to change that.

Admin has seen this thread and is aware of the request, and the membership's overall opinion has been noted. This thread has served its purpose.

Closed.

[edit on 2006-9-17 by wecomeinpeace]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join