It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
sometimes I have a healthy
Originally posted by asala
I do think children are more receptive to the paranormal, Also due to that they have not learned to be afraid of such things, until there mind develops and they learn fear ect then could see allsorts and would not think it abnormal,
The ability to taste, which is dominantly inherited, is one of the most studied of human traits. Researchers for decades have used a compound called phenylthiocarbamide (PTC) to test people’s ability to taste. Studies have shown that 70 percent of the U.S. population tastes PTC from mildly to intensely bitter, while the remaining 30 percent cannot taste it all.
Bitter Taste in Your Mouth?
Originally posted by sdrawkcab
My 2 cents; maybe the story of the "boogeyman" came about after a child saw a demonic being under their bed, told their parents, their parents played it off & probably said it was "a monster trying to get you"(In whatever language at the time seeing that th story is quite old) & they named it the boogeyman, not taking the child seriously.
And that probably where the legend came from & that child told their children & such.
And If there was a boogeyman, I highly doubt his/her real name is boogeyman & I highly doubt it's the same entitiy under every kids bed.