It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1100 Kilometer Fence Approved By House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The U.S. House of Representatives has approved a bill proposing the construction of a one thousand one hundred kilometer barrier on the U.S. southern border with Mexico. The debate as was infused with election year politics. Which included both being vital in strengthening homeland security and to divert attention from stalled immigration reform. This Secure Fence Act is composed mainly of provisions drawn from a security bill the House approved in December. The bill approved proposes a double layer fence in five separate areas of the southern border.

www.voanews.com
With a little more than two weeks before Congress adjourns to prepare for legislative elections, Republicans are using last-minute legislation in an effort to boost the chances of their candidates.

So politics formed the backdrop for the Secure Fence Act, which is composed mostly of provisions drawn from a border security bill the House had already approved last December.

That previous legislation caused a rift with the Republican-controlled Senate where lawmakers approved a more comprehensive immigration bill favored by President Bush who wants a guest worker program providing a path to citizenship.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a topic that has been argued in many different ways. Some say we need more border protection, some say we don't. I do think this is a sign that at least in some way the U.S. house is starting to take border security a little more seriously. People have been caught crossing the border from Syria, Packastan, as well as other countries besides Mexico. Put in the volunteer border guards and perhaps you have the federal representatives taking notice of what the people want. Yes, that might just be a pipe dream but it is possible it is happening.

Related News Links:
www.corruptionchronicles.com
news.xinhuanet.com
www.allheadlinenews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
Texas Sheriffs Say Terrorists Entering US from Mexico

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's just illusion of security until the NAFTA applies, in 2010. You know, the big highway from Mexico to Canada?

From the www.nascocorridor.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
While part of me thinks this is not really a bad idea, given how lax the mexican government is.
On the other hand it bothers me wondering, how much longer until they contruct a wall between CANADA and the US
Next step after that is building some sort of barrier along international waters.
At this rate, the US will have a fence along the outskits of the entire country.

The US (government) worries too much about themselves.
This will definately add a tonne more fuel to the fire. (the fire being the hatred thousands have against not just the governemnt, but the people too.)

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Vitchilo has it :

NAFTA is just another way to spell Continental Corporate Takeover.

Oh yeah - and corporations need that cheap labor.

[edit on 16-9-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Exactly. That's another proof that corporations owns the government. I don't know why they keep doing plans to build a fence when this fence will be useless in less than 2 years.
Contracts to corporations?
It's just a waste of money.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Exactly. That's another proof that corporations owns the government. I don't know why they keep doing plans to build a fence when this fence will be useless in less than 2 years.
Contracts to corporations?
It's just a waste of money.

Yes your right the fence just wont work.
Instead the U.S. should build a wall.
Just like Isreal.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This video is relevant and well worth watching.

North American Union

Thanks to Tricks R for Kidz (sorry about the spelling).

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
This video is relevant and well worth watching.

North American Union

Thanks to Tricks R for Kidz (sorry about the spelling).

Soficrow,
You are right that was well worth watching, thanks.
One of these days I will half to find out just what that all means.

top topics

join