It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Pope right for speaking up about Islam as no one else has...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think it is more political issue than the Quraan or Islam as you blame it. Due to the single powerful country USA, all other countries including Europe have to support USA in his every major action or reaction. I know, majority of European people don’t like to follow USA policies as their governments mostly doing after 9/11. One good example was the reaction of the European people against the Iraq war. On this Iraq war point, people protested millions in number but their governments went against their people.

In response of 9/11, Afghanistan has been destroyed by the USA forces. In Muslim world, we think, suppose Al-Qaida was involved in 9/11 incident, what kind a justice it is to destroy the whole country and to kill thousands of people including men, women and children. For revenge of 9/11, in which app 4000 people killed, thousands of people killed and still people are killed in every day for lots of years. Due to this hundred thousands are home less due to this endless war. Unfortunately, these are all Muslims which are suffered and still suffering.

For charges of mass destruction weapons, Iraq is suffering and hundreds of people are killed on street in bomb blasts and hundred thousands of Iraqis are homeless. What kind a mistake did Iraqis…? Why they are suffering due to this so called War of Terror….? UN and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was also reporting that Iraq don’t have this kind of weapons. Hundred thousand of people reacted against this Iraq war, but USA attacked Iraq and destroyed the whole country and mostly European Governments supported Iraq against the will of their people. In response, UK Prime minister Mr.Toney has to resign from its post due to the lie made by him to his nation. Remember, again the Muslims are suffering in this war too.

The Abu Ghraib prison story:

The New York Times,, in a report on January 12, 2005, reported testimony suggesting that the following events had taken place at Abu Ghraib:

* Urinating on detainees
* Jumping on detainee’s leg (a limb already wounded by gunfire) with such force that it could not thereafter heal properly
* Continuing by pounding detainee’s wounded leg with collapsible metal baton
* Pouring phosphoric acid on detainees
* Sodomization of detainees with a baton
* Tying ropes to the detainees’ legs or penises and dragging them across the floor.

In her video diary, a prison guard said that prisoners were shot for minor misbehavior, and claimed to have had venomous snakes bite prisoners, sometimes resulting in their deaths. By her own admission, that guard was “in trouble” for having thrown rocks at the detainees. Hashem Muhsen, one of the naked men in the human pyramid photo, said they were also made to crawl around the floor naked and that U.S. soldiers rode them like donkeys.

If u need more details, simply search the net, you will find lot of torturing/abusing pictures and again all are Muslims.
Guantanamo Bay US-detention camp Cuba:
In December 2002, before the invasion of Iraq, Donald Rumsfeld personally approved a variety of torture techniques for detainees at Guantanamo.

Thursday 16 February 2006

Geneva - The United States must close its detention facility at Guantánamo Bay because it is effectively a torture camp where prisoners have no access to justice, a UN report released Thursday concluded.

Interrogation tactics used by the U.S. military that amount to torture

include stripping detainees naked in the presence of women, the use of dogs, exposure to extreme temperatures, sleep deprivation, prolonged isolation, and the use of stress positions. The abuses include: splashing urine on a prisoner and his Qur’an, stepping on and kicking the Qur’an, throwing water on it, and scratching an obscenity on the inside cover.

Each of these tactics have been acknowledged and confirmed as operative and in regular use by the U.S. military.

* My question for You..”Should I call Christianity and Christians as Terrorist, due to attacking Afghanistan/Iraq and killing hundred thousands of innocent Muslim men, women and children..?

* Should I say, Christians are attacking Iraq for the rich Oil fields and Christians want to hold on our Oils…?
* Should I say, Christians of different countries(as Europe & USA attacked jointly) attacked Muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan and they are behind Israel for killing Muslims…..!

BUT WE DON”T SEE IT LIKE THIS. WE DON’T BLAME CHRISTIANS FOR ALL THIS.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think it is more political issue than the Quraan or Islam as you blame it. Due to the single powerful country USA, all other countries including Europe have to support USA in his every major action or reaction. I know, majority of European people don’t like to follow USA policies as their governments mostly doing after 9/11. One good example was the reaction of the European people against the Iraq war. On this Iraq war point, people protested millions in number but their governments went against their people.

In response of 9/11, Afghanistan has been destroyed by the USA forces. In Muslim world, we think, suppose Al-Qaida was involved in 9/11 incident, what kind a justice it is to destroy the whole country and to kill thousands of people including men, women and children. For revenge of 9/11, in which app 4000 people killed, thousands of people killed and still people are killed in every day for lots of years. Due to this hundred thousands are home less due to this endless war. Unfortunately, these are all Muslims which are suffered and still suffering.

For charges of mass destruction weapons, Iraq is suffering and hundreds of people are killed on street in bomb blasts and hundred thousands of Iraqis are homeless. What kind a mistake did Iraqis…? Why they are suffering due to this so called War of Terror….? UN and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was also reporting that Iraq don’t have this kind of weapons. Hundred thousand of people reacted against this Iraq war, but USA attacked Iraq and destroyed the whole country and mostly European Governments supported Iraq against the will of their people. In response, UK Prime minister Mr.Toney has to resign from its post due to the lie made by him to his nation. Remember, again the Muslims are suffering in this war too.

The Abu Ghraib prison story:

The New York Times,, in a report on January 12, 2005, reported testimony suggesting that the following events had taken place at Abu Ghraib:

* Urinating on detainees
* Jumping on detainee’s leg (a limb already wounded by gunfire) with such force that it could not thereafter heal properly
* Continuing by pounding detainee’s wounded leg with collapsible metal baton
* Pouring phosphoric acid on detainees
* Sodomization of detainees with a baton
* Tying ropes to the detainees’ legs or penises and dragging them across the floor.

In her video diary, a prison guard said that prisoners were shot for minor misbehavior, and claimed to have had venomous snakes bite prisoners, sometimes resulting in their deaths. By her own admission, that guard was “in trouble” for having thrown rocks at the detainees. Hashem Muhsen, one of the naked men in the human pyramid photo, said they were also made to crawl around the floor naked and that U.S. soldiers rode them like donkeys.

If u need more details, simply search the net, you will find lot of torturing/abusing pictures and again all are Muslims.
Guantanamo Bay US-detention camp Cuba:
In December 2002, before the invasion of Iraq, Donald Rumsfeld personally approved a variety of torture techniques for detainees at Guantanamo.

Thursday 16 February 2006

Geneva - The United States must close its detention facility at Guantánamo Bay because it is effectively a torture camp where prisoners have no access to justice, a UN report released Thursday concluded.

Interrogation tactics used by the U.S. military that amount to torture

include stripping detainees naked in the presence of women, the use of dogs, exposure to extreme temperatures, sleep deprivation, prolonged isolation, and the use of stress positions. The abuses include: splashing urine on a prisoner and his Qur’an, stepping on and kicking the Qur’an, throwing water on it, and scratching an obscenity on the inside cover.

Each of these tactics have been acknowledged and confirmed as operative and in regular use by the U.S. military.

* My question for You..”Should I call Christianity and Christians as Terrorist, due to attacking Afghanista

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
* My question for You..”Should I call Christianity and Christians as Terrorist, due to attacking Afghanistan/Iraq and killing hundred thousands of innocent Muslim men, women and children..?

* Should I say, Christians are attacking Iraq for the rich Oil fields and Christians want to hold on our Oils…?
* Should I say, Christians of different countries(as Europe & USA attacked jointly) attacked Muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan and they are behind Israel for killing Muslims…..!

BUT WE DON”T SEE IT LIKE THIS. WE DON’T BLAME CHRISTIANS FOR ALL THIS.

Comments on “Dutch movie FITNA” released by a Dutch MP.

* If you see the movie FITNA by an open mind/eyes, you clearly see, the mind/thinking working behind this is only hate of an individual against Islam.
* The film maker picked the verses of Quran out of context and tried to develop hate to Islam among innocent people of other faiths by joining the video effects/clips.
Producer tried to play with innocent hearts by joining video clips like, Twin Tower attack clips, with verses.
I AM ASKING YOU PEOPLE, SHOULD ANY MUSLIM MAKE A MOVIE LIKE THIS “FITNA” AND JOINS THE TEACHING OF “BIBLE” WITH THE PICTURES/VIDEOS OF US ATTACK ON IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN……AND TRY TO PROVE THE SAME AS IN “FITNA”? SURE…..NO. THERE IS NO ANY MUSLIM IN THIS WORLD WHO CAN THINK TO COMMENT THE PROPHET JESUS AND HIS TEACHINGS. IF ANY DOES THIS, HE IS NOT A MUSLIM AT ALL, MAY BE HIS NAME IS LIKE OF MUSLIMS.
* In this movie, speeches of Politician doesn’t mean that it is the sayings of Islam. and individuals’ act don’t mean the sayings of Islam.
Quran Says: “ONE WHO SAVES THE LIVE OF ANY INNOCENT HUMAN IS AS HE SAVES THE WHOLE HUMANITY”
We believe in “FREEDOM OF SPEECH” but with responsibility. By this kind of so called FREEDOM, actually you are hearting the millions of people. In humanity, freedom should be constructive, not for promote the hate in society/world.
More Important: MUSLIMS ARE VERY SENSITIVE TO THE HOLY QURAN and ALL PROPHETS INCLUDING MUHAMMAD, JESUS, DAVID, MOSIS and all others.
I personally feel, the act of Dutch MP is based on hate to Muslims. Not only for Muslims but he is also against his society and country. His Movie will work as a fire in the society of Netherlands as well as in between thousands of Muslims and Christians in the world.
May God/Allah help us to live with peace.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Islam has no problem speaking up for itself.
The pope needs to do his job and speak up for his own flock.
CATHOLICS need the pope to 'speak up for them'.
Catholics in China and in the Islamic countries who are discriminated against and even tortured and/or killed.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Fair comment - he has a job to do in protecting his flock.

You know my feelings about the RCC hierarchy, but I don't see anything out of line in his stance, except perhaps from a political point of view.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Here is my view of the Poop...err the pope:

[edit on 17-4-2008 by dk3000]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join