It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Alert Terror Status: What Would Happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What would happen in America if their was another series of terror attacks to the point where the alert level would reach "red" status?

Would we use nuclear weapons?

Would we re-instate the draft?

Would Dick Cheney be hiding in an undisclosed location?

Do you think Al-Queda has the capability to orchestrate
another big attack now that we are watching them?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
...that the entire web was down, and the only thing on Tv would be like the month long brainwashing extravaganza they forced you to watch after 9/11.
Then you would notice me leaving with my bicycle and a burley trailer full of camping gear and supplies.
And you would never see my ass again.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What would happen in America if their was another series of terror attacks to the point where the alert level would reach "red" status?

Bush's popularity would skyrocket and the people who manufacture flags would make a mint.

Would we use nuclear weapons?

Yes, because remember: Only capitalist countries can use Nukes, except for Russia, we still don't trust them!!

Would we re-instate the draft?

Yes, and the vast majority of the draftees would be black men. Same as before.

Would Dick Cheney be hiding in an undisclosed location?

Trick question, he is still hiding.

Do you think Al-Queda has the capability to orchestrate
another big attack now that we are watching them?

Why do you think Tom Ridge and his boys are watching them?

To make sure they *get it right* this time and do some *real* damage.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, of course the shadow government would start to run everything again.

That is, if they're not still running everything since the last attack Sept. 01.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by darkwraith]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwraith
Well, of course the shadow government would start to run everything again.

That is, if they're not still running everything since the last attack Sept. 01.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by darkwraith]

The shadows have been running things for quite some time. 1913: the beginning, 9-11: The Coup de tat.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
1st id # my self

then id watch the after math on live tv

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Taken from DHS

5. Severe Condition (Red). A Severe Condition reflects a severe risk of terrorist attacks. Under most circumstances, the Protective Measures for a Severe Condition are not intended to be sustained for substantial periods of time. In addition to the Protective Measures in the previous Threat Conditions, Federal departments and agencies also should consider the following general measures in addition to the agency-specific Protective Measures that they will develop and implement:

Increasing or redirecting personnel to address critical emergency needs;
Assigning emergency response personnel and pre-positioning and mobilizing specially trained teams or resources;
Monitoring, redirecting, or constraining transportation systems; and
Closing public and government facilities.

Also if you noticed in the past when the level was yellow and briefly, sometimes orange, that ports, borders, off shore oilrigs, and even nuclear power plants would recieve more attention.

Either the red level will be announced if a threat is known, or most obviously be set after a suprise attack. How daily life will change after such an event will just depend on what will happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
Taken from DHS

5. Severe Condition (Red). A Severe Condition reflects a severe risk of terrorist attacks. Under most circumstances, the Protective Measures for a Severe Condition are not intended to be sustained for substantial periods of time. In addition to the Protective Measures in the previous Threat Conditions, Federal departments and agencies also should consider the following general measures in addition to the agency-specific Protective Measures that they will develop and implement:

Increasing or redirecting personnel to address critical emergency needs;
Assigning emergency response personnel and pre-positioning and mobilizing specially trained teams or resources;
Monitoring, redirecting, or constraining transportation systems; and
Closing public and government facilities.

Also if you noticed in the past when the level was yellow and briefly, sometimes orange, that ports, borders, off shore oilrigs, and even nuclear power plants would recieve more attention.

Either the red level will be announced if a threat is known, or most obviously be set after a suprise attack. How daily life will change after such an event will just depend on what will happen.

How the government handles some catastrophic event may well have a lot to do with the way the citizenry reacts. Look back at the Northeast blackout. New Yorkers behaved most admirably, as they did after 9-11. No form of martial law was needed. If they had gotten crazy, it probably would've been implemented.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Protective Measures = Military Lockdown...(see NY 9/11)....

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think you would see various routes out of major cities closed to all but fedral employees.

The president would be up on his KNEECAP plane. All the JEEP 1 card holders will be holded up in Mt. Weather or wherever.

Then I case FEMA would take over, at that would be the end of democracy in the USA.

Over here in the UK, we would get Mr. Smiley, Smiley Blair telling us not to panic, that the stiff upper british lip will save us.

I think it would just get a packet of untip cigs. and sit back and watch the fireworks show.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
RED ALERT.... ha.

No one would really pay attention. We have already been conditioned for orange. We went from yellow to orange so many times that everyone has become complacent, and really would just think DHS was just crying wolf again.

At that time, the feces would hit the rotating oscilator.

This is why I keep plenty of whiskey and guns/ammo in my home. Cause when that day comes, I can prop my recliner by the front door and get drunk and blast anyone trying to come in.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If a red alert was declared, the first thing they would do is shut down all of the main roads etc., since for all intents and purposes there would be a state of martial law.
Curfews would be easy enough to tolerate, but when you started running out of food you would become a little worried, since there will probably be a lockdown of sorts, and if it is cold and you have no gas or electric you might just be screwed,the insurance companies will more than likely get it arranged that they won't be held responsible because your pipes burst if they haven't already.
The majority of people don't give it too much thought though, they don't realise that a red alert is designed to protect the government and actually think that they have some kind of protection through it, there is some truth in this if you are happy with someone else having complete control over every aspect of your life,as a result of something that otherwise would have no effect on you.
When ya put it like that it almost sounds stupid, doesn't it?.
I hope it does happen, I'm prepared in such a way that it will barely change anything for me.
I don't depend on anyone for anything.
I don't even drive a car, I don't need to...
And soon I will depend less.
What about you?.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Coast to Coast AM had a guest when Noory was hosting that said a number of things.

[Now, I take it with a grain of salt because that show has guests who say they saw big foot, but I digress....]

He said that there would be martial law imposed, no travelling except for work, and anyone who opposed it would be arrested and imprisioned without trial, or shot.

He said that the free press would be banned, (is it already?) and that TV would have round the clock emergency system updates with that annoying sound.

He said that Capitol Hill would be effectively disbanded and the shadow government would take over, that is, the national security appartus, and everyone would be spied on.

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by darkwraith]

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Kinda weird that this is mentioned because I was just reading an article on disinformation.com about a potential new draft occuring. All I know is if something happened I'd get my ass out of this country so fast i'd leave people's heads spinning.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
....with all of the new monitoring capabilities the government has now, you won't be able to fly, you won't get far driving, if you have a celphone they will get your location quick.
Better bail before your number is up.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by barefly
Kinda weird that this is mentioned because I was just reading an article on disinformation.com about a potential new draft occuring. All I know is if something happened I'd get my ass out of this country so fast i'd leave people's heads spinning.

There is still a little time. Bush will have to be safely into his second term before even they would attempt such.

top topics

join