It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speech From Pope Outrages Muslim Leaders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This might not be relevant but when I read this, the pope remark reminded me of iranian president, Nejad's anti-israel comments.

He too quoted someone else, the founder of Islamic Republic as saying that the israeil (zionist regime, afterall they do not recognize israel as a state anyway) must be wiped off the map, but boy, all the world leaders condemned the comments, but now the condemnation has come from muslim clerics.

ZIONS OWN THE WORLD

df1

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
So these Muslims wouldn't be upset or rioting over those dutch cartoons or the Popes comments if a couple of Arab countries had not been invaded in the past few years? I'm sorry, but I do not buy that excuse. Fanatics are fanatics.

So you believe that muslims violence is caused because they are upset about cartoons and papal comments, rather than muslims being PO'd over being invaded, bombed, shot, abused and having their natural resources stolen. To say the least, I find your assertion completely foreign to the realm our reality.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

So you believe that muslims violence is caused because they are upset about cartoons and papal comments, rather than muslims being PO'd over being invaded, bombed, shot, abused and having their natural resources stolen. To say the least, I find your assertion completely foreign to the realm our reality.

Natural resources stolen?
You mean oil?
Since when is paying 70$ a barrell for a commodity that is being artificially made more scarce by an international muslim cabal (opec) stealing?
Invaded?
Who?
Afghanistan? A country which attcked us directly?
Please, the reason for the vipolence is that islam is a religon which is based on, depends on, and justifies violence for a host of reasons, and alos claims that its adherants are "chosen" people destined to rule the world.
So when they look around and see they are living in cesspools, they get pissed, and because thier muslims when they get pissed, things go boom.
Name one muslim country with a decent economy.
name one muslim country that isn't a massive human rights violater.
Name one muslims country that has immigration in-flows instead of mass exodus to the west.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And did he mentionned that Christians also did this? Killing millions of people because they were infidels? Pope, STFU.

Millions? Millions? That's quite a claim. Would you mind posting something to support that assertion?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinksYouAreAnIdiot

Christians extremists are bombing abortion clinics in the USA and killing doctors who perform them. They are in an organisation, but the government isn't against them... why? Because it's the base of the pro-republicans voters. Even if they kill, it's not important, as soon as they vote for the neo-cons.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by Vitchilo]

Really? Because the only person who have ever been convicted of bombing an abortion clinic was a confirmed athiest.
Show me where christians extreemists have bombed an abortion clinic.

Happy to:
From Wikipedia

Eric Robert Rudolph, also known as the Olympic Park Bomber (born September 19, 1966) is an American domestic terrorist who committed a series of bombings across the southern United States, which killed three people and injured at least 150 others. There is evidence to suggest that his actions may have been motiviated by a form of extremist christianity making this Christian Terrorism, however there is no direct admission of this. Rudolph, who according to CNN was "connected with the Christian Identity movement, a militant, racist, and anti-Semitic organization,"

Read more here.

Google

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Please, the reason for the vipolence is that islam is a religon which is based on, depends on, and justifies violence for a host of reasons, and alos claims that its adherants are "chosen" people destined to rule the world.

I've been noticing your posts like this for a while now.
I hate to tell you this, but you are exactly what you claim to hate.

A fanatic with nothing but hatred, as empty and destructive as any Islamist terrorist.

Hate them? You are them. Their precise mirror image.

The enemy? You're the enemy, a fanatic bent on genocide.

And if we want to survive, as a species, not just a nation, it's people like you we need to be rid of.

df1

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinksYouAreAnIdiot
Since when is paying 70$ a barrell for a commodity that is being artificially made more scarce by an international muslim cabal (opec) stealing?

The oil cartel working in concert with despots while muslim peasants starve.

Invaded?
Who?

Iraq and Afghanistan. Honest, its been on the news a couple of times at least. Im surprised that someone that implies other people are idiots would of missed it.

Afghanistan? A country which attcked us directly?

Name one person from Afghanistan that attacked the US directly. I recall some egyptians and some saudis, but no one from Afghanistan.

Name one muslim country with a decent economy.

It seems that all muslim countries have been under US/UN economic sanctions at one time or another. It should come as no surprise that they are weak economically.

name one muslim country that isn't a massive human rights violater.

Perhaps if the president of the US cleaned up US human rights violations it would serve as an example to the muslims, instead the US president not only rationalize human rights violations, he is trying to change the rules to make human rights violations by the US acceptable.

Name one muslims country that has immigration in-flows instead of mass exodus to the west.

I would get my family out of the way of falling bombs too and you would do the same as well. What the hell is your point?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ok....how abt all of u STFU coz u guys dont know #....i was in a country when it was under attack...REAL ATTACK....not planes going into buildings....but real full fledged war.....u #ers can just sit on ur PCs and try to bitch and reason while people die everyday.

read my thread.....War Story - www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Tell me what muslim leaders dont take offense to.. I think they whine just to be heard. Seriously not everyone will believe the way you do and some might even critisize you but be a big boy suck it up and go about your biz.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Having read the whole of the Pope's speech (or tried to, it's pretty boring) the controversial quote is at odds with the rest. In fact it it did briefly occur to me that it was some kind of signal that had a context outside of the speech and event he was at. This is a conspiracy site after all. He's going to Turkey in November and the quote was by a Byzantine Emperor. Alternatively perhaps he's got a death wish and wants to ge topped when he visits. In fact of course the previous Pope was nearly assasinated in Turkey in the early 80s.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Natural resorces stolen...?
I just checked and Oil, which is what I am guessing is the resorces that is being stolen, is going for 63.33 USD.

Light Crude (NYM)
October 06 ($US per bbl.) 63.33 +0.11

CNN

I would hardly call that being stolen, if you consider the price of getting it out of the ground it might qualify for price gougeing.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The Vatican did come out with a responce to the outrage from the Mulsim community from his speech.

The Vatican's new foreign minister sought on Friday to calm anger across the Muslim world over comments Pope Benedict XVI made calling elements of Islam 'evil and inhuman'.

Benedict did not mean to question the 'worth of Islam,' said Dominique Mamberti who took office Friday.

news sorce

As exspected this is raising much more out rage. It will be interesting to see what happens on his schudeled visit to Turkey.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Christians extremists are bombing abortion clinics in the USA and killing doctors who perform them. They are in an organisation, but the government isn't against them... why? Because it's the base of the pro-republicans voters. Even if they kill, it's not important, as soon as they vote for the neo-cons.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by Vitchilo]

What a bunch of nonsensical bs... Sorry to tell you Vitchilo that anyone who makes terrorist attacks is considered a terrorist in the U.S., whether they are Republican, DEmocrat, Liberal, Mormon or whatever..... Such people, when they resort to violent means are incarcerated, put on trial and go to prison. So keep your facts straight please, and stop trying to spread such false statements....

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NettieMoore
Having read the whole of the Pope's speech (or tried to, it's pretty boring) the controversial quote is at odds with the rest. In fact it it did briefly occur to me that it was some kind of signal that had a context outside of the speech and event he was at. This is a conspiracy site after all. He's going to Turkey in November and the quote was by a Byzantine Emperor. Alternatively perhaps he's got a death wish and wants to ge topped when he visits. In fact of course the previous Pope was nearly assasinated in Turkey in the early 80s.

could you post the link for the transcript? I get the strong impression this has been blown wayy out of proportion, what with him only quoting someone, the context could have been anything.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I posted it on the first page Sal.

Here is the full transcript of the Pope's speach.

His last sentence should help you understand the overall context of the speach.

It is to this great logos, to this breadth of reason, that we invite our partners in the dialogue of cultures.

makeitso

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
thanks, couldn't really find anything to be offended about in there tbh

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
And How would You People feel, if a Supreme Islamic Cleric would declare, that Christianity and Judaism is based on Violence and that they preach death and war?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Ali Bardakoglu, a cleric who is head of the Turkish government’s directorate of religious affairs, said in a television interview there. “He should first of all replace the grudge in his heart with moral values and respect for the other.”

lol irony

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
And How would You People feel, if a Supreme Islamic Cleric would declare, that Christianity and Judaism is based on Violence and that they preach death and war?

well i would feel slightly annoyed that they could in effect be making my religion seem intolerant of others.
But i would give them the benefit of the doubt, bearing in mind the media loves to hype things up, just as i have done in this case, and rightly so, as I can't actually find the bit that you are referring to in the transcript.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sal88
well i would feel slightly annoyed that they could in effect be making my religion seem intolerant of others.
But i would give them the benefit of the doubt, bearing in mind the media loves to hype things up, just as i have done in this case, and rightly so, as I can't actually find the bit that you are referring to in the transcript.

Yea ofcourse - but the problem is, that the entire West is suddenly very hostile against an Entire Religion; War on Terrorism turned out to be War against Muslims, people start using terms such as Islamofascists and now even da Pope AKA Der Panzer Cardinal (an Ex-Hitler Jugend) is calling a Muslim Prophet a warmonger?

PLEASE!

Can this be even more Obvious?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join