It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addicted to ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I would just like to say that Ive been a fly on the wall here at ATS for a long time now,and just recently decided to join up.Actually it just kinda sucked me in,
and now I cant get enough.I spend at least 6 hours a day reading different thread topics and verbally discussing these topics with my fellow employees who are also members on aATS.In stead of us working, we are on ATS all day long.Then when I get home Its back to aATS.

I have supplemented the 6:00 news and prime time tv for ATS.I lay awake at night thinking about ats.I have even got up a few times in the middle of the night to check what people were posting ATS is like real time in depth news from every prospective that keeps me wanting more!!!
Does anyone here feel the same way I do, and if so could you please share with me on how you became addicted.
thank you,
PEADY-

mod edit:

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette (review link)
4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sorry mod edit,

Im a newbee, and Im just very excited about ATS.

I know there are many people here that , just like me... for a better word.. are
"Infatuated" with this site, and I would love to hear how they got turned on to
ATS?
Peady-

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I like ATS alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thank you EL CHE,

Stand up and be counted!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
ATS rocks

There is sooo much to see and do...Lots of useful information.

Great staff and more forums than I can count.
I have ATS as my first link in my 'favorites' folder.

I am definately addicted to ATS....

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thanks,....TONE 23
Its nice to know that someone with your ATS status feels the way I do.
Cheers
Peady-

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hi, my name is chissler and I am addicted to AboveTopSecret.

Honestly, since the day I have registered I have been a fanatic of this website. The information that goes through these pages in a day is remarkable. Second to none when it comes to current events, I always check ATS first. It is so endless, you can come on this site at any time of the day and find something interesting. Even if there is little traffic at the time, the archives on this site are enough to occupy a member for years.

Deny Ignorance -- Deny Boredom -- Deny Apathy

This is one addiction that I am more than happy to indulge in on a regular basis.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Chissler,

O-MY-GOD...My head is spinning from all the information on this site.

Its like CNN- no ATS

CNBC- no ATS

ABC, NBC,CBS- no ATS.... Its overwhelming

thanks for reply.

Peady-

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well appreciating and understanding how great ATS is a step in the right direction for a long lasting relationship.

Next is learning the ins and outs of how this corner of the Internet operates. So below are a few links that you may find useful. Alittle bit about what ATS points are, The bar beneath your points and some general rules.

ATS T&C
ATS Etiquette
ATS Avatar & Signature Guidelines
ATS Point System
ATS Hankdbook
Looking for an Avatar?
What is that bar under my points?
What are those Writer, Fighter, & Scholar Titles?

Enjoy your time on ATS!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Chissler,
I hearby Peady,.... will promise to acknowledge, and to adhear by all the rules and regulations put forth by the Three Amigos , the moderators and members of Above Top Secret, to the best of my ability, And to honor and obey till death do me part or until president bush is held accountable for all his sins, so help me god, I mean aliens, I mean god..
Amen
PEADY-.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Peady,
You certainly aren't the only one addicted to Above Top Secret.

I became an addict to ATS the first time I came across the site.
I didn't join right away. Like yourself, I lurked. But I was a daily lurker.
I found myself coming back to ATS, over and over again, every time I went on-line.
Finally, I simply admitted to myself that I was addicted and resigned myself to my fate of being AWARE. I decided to Deny Ignorance and strive to for knowledge and critical thinking.

I am benevolent tyrant and I am an ATS addict.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hello- I'm DGtempe and i'm an addict.

I wouldnt have it any other way!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If someone can find a better addiction... keep it for yourself!

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
bt,
The truth is that everyone here is addicted to ATS....Thats right..... EVERYONE!!!.

The first step is addmitting that you are an addict. (as I learnd in AA) this is not a bad thing....

To deny Ignorance is a good thing....

Thank you for your post....I am not alone!!!!!

Peady-

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yes, web addiction is real. So is addiction to places like this.
No, I'm not addicted. I USED to be addicted to places like this, but then I detached.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
DGTEMPE,
Thanks for posting..
We need to give this a name....People who are addicted to ATS ......ATS AA ?
how does this sound?
Man This web site RULES!!!!
PEADY-

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The members who you will come to know and love, are the addicts of ATS.

Unfortunate not everyone is an addict, and not everyone loves ATS. Some come to preach their cause or hatred, and are quickly shown the door. Some days on ATS are better than others. But the one thing that never changes is the level of conversation within this site.

For those that are willing to open the mind and willing to learn, it is endless.

When I first joined ATS, 9/11 was something that seemed slightly fishy. Nothing major, but just a few I's to be dotted and T's to be crossed. After twenty minutes on ATS, I realized there were alot of questions out there to be answered. Some more absurd than others, but alot remained relavent.

The media was another aspect I was ignorant too. The biased shown in our national broadcasts was another issue that had never crossed my mind. Why lie I thought. I was severly infected with naivety.

Thanks to ATS, I have opened my eyes.

ATS merely shows you the other side of the coin.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
ATS Anonymous?

But i'm not trying to break the habit.:shk: I love it here...its my home page and i'm here till i get banned.

I've lived, breathed, and been on this site for years now. I wouldnt go anyplace else where nobody cares and nobody answers your posts and the only person on is the moderator.
AT least here there are people around...or are they?
You dont suppose its empty of humans and its just the avatars talking???

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
DG your are scary.

This is one of the best site ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After I found this site and spend sometime I found out how much I didn't know and now everyone knows I'm updated and the go to guy to find out what happen in the world.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
dgtempe,

This is a good habit...

We are fighting the good fight.

It doesnt matter if we are scholars,mods, owners we are all here for one cause....

To DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!!!!

I think the First step is to identify who we are and what we repesent..

Then tell the world!!!!!!

PEADYT-

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join