It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A must read for all Americans.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I hear what you are saying. As a public figure, I have no doubts about my own situation. I've already had my phone tapped once. I'm sure there are other things going on that I don't know about. That's the breaks when you are a "seditionist author."

Even though I do write things that I know the people in higher places may not like, I don't think of myself as being just one person. I am not alone. I'm surprised to see my work meeting with such succes, and it lets me know that my ideas are not going to be easily strangled.

As long as you are heard, you are not really alone.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is the actual senate bill in question - SB2453, directly from the US Senate Judiciary Comittee website. If everything alleged in the Wired News story and attached document were true it would be a cause for great concern. However I'm calling into question the validity of the original story. If anyone can explain to me how two different Senate Bills can have the same number I'd be interested in learning. Also- If this were true, you can be absoultely positive the NY Times would have had it all over the front page.

Sorry, but this sounds like propaganda.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Please disregard comments regarding bill number - I found it.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
www.wired.com...

Seems like your just about to become a victim to the biggest most far reaching surveillance system on the earth folks.

They have it going through the system, and once this is law, you will have no privacy in any communications you make, or inside your home if you even raise half a blip on their 'suspects' radar.

unlimited internal surveillance, unlimited wire taps, constant monitoring of all internet and phones...

Oh how it must feel to be sat in the middle of the biggest emerging police state on the face of the planet.
We in the UK shouldn't feel so smug, as if its going down in the USA, you can sure bet a pound to a penny its going to happen here.

Now they will know what everyone thinks , and if you do not meet there standards you could be charged by the thought police on how you feel about certain subjects.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The foundation for a future police State is certainly evident. It's a large part of what I wrote about in my first book. Even so, I don't feel the need to give up. Intersting how I have run in to so many ATS posters who seem ready to march off to the gulags without a fight.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I could see the police state coming with the War on (Some People Who Use Some) Drugs. It "tenderized" us. We allowed the confiscation of property, for example, on the mere suggestion that drugs were somewhere involved. (80% of people who loose virtually all they have under the seizure "laws" are never charged with a crime.) It made "telling on" parents by children the "thing to do."

When 9/11 came along I watched and thought, so THAT's how they're going to speed things up. And now they think, hey! We can move ahead, now that we got them to swollow that "Patriot" Act.

None of this surprises me. It merely saddens me that, even with a very large percentage of people aware of the issues, there is little we are able to do to stop this. And once it's in place, we'll play hell going backwards.

Still, I can only hope that we will vote in people who will not whore themselves to the corporate controllers, that will actually reverse the damage (as opposed to trying to maintain the status quo), who will do whatever they can to bring transparency back to the government. We cannot govern ourselves if we cannot see and have no say in what those we elect are doing.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That's pretty much the thesis of the book I wrote. Reform or revolution. It's our choice, unless we'd like to give up and accept what's coming without a struggle. Because I am a public figure, I'm pretty sure they'll come for me. In that regard, I see no reason why I should not speak...while I can.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Sounds like you were writing "future history." [grin] I can't imagine how it is that there are ANY people who cannot see the walls, let alone the huge block letters blazing out. But I guess there are some. We see them on the boards all the time.

Anyway, I suspect it will come down to revolution - if enough people get off their tail ends. Otherwise, we can expect a diminishing dictionary and our mandatory Hates.

Me, I'll go down fighting.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Now that I think about it, I supose you are right. I guess I do write future history. I think my hope isthat people who read my work will NOT want that future. I'm hoping they will get mad NOW, and vote vote vote. We have an obligation to future generations to use ballots instead of bullets whenever and how-ever we can.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I guess we're done here. I'm glad to see this discussion, and I hope to see it again. We need to talk this through a lot more than we do. As we look in to the next decade, it seems clear tha we are headed for trouble, and some of it will be of our own manking. Let's hope that saner heads prevail.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
At a recent public event, I stayed after to talk with a small group of people who tried their best to convince me that the events I wrote about are just too "far out" to be plausible. Trouble is, here we are, looking at the article in this thread, and those dark predictions aren't so "far out" anymore.

If we're going to avoid becoming that which we fight, we must keep up this kind of dialogue. Even if we aren't influential now, it will still matter that we spoke. Some day, future generations will look back, and they'll be hoping to find some record of our dissent. Discuss, debate, publish. The future depends on it.

You suggest that agents are everywhere and always able and ready to fight to maintain the order.. I agree. They hang around a lot here too and agents always have support of the system to launch their attacks from. Mind you all those that oppose them are agents too, of the 'other side.' I agree that we are in the struggle of not our own time but for the very viability of humanity in the future.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Mark my words, these laws will be used to outlaw or circumvent encryption on personal communications.

It may be a good idea to hang on to your old tech routers too, because I'm sure a NEW standard
will allow much more invasive methods to explore everything you have or send on your system.

I'm also reasonably confident that any corporation fighting these measures will have to answer to the authorities or the tax man.

My system has been getting pinged regularily while visiting these forums.

So far it seems that its just my ISP, but I'm not taking any chances.

Some of you may want to check out an application called Peer Guardian.
phoenixlabs.org...

It would also be a good idea to have a squeeky clean default hard drive available in the event you need one.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
One question: Why do you make contradictory statements? You say earlier that dem and repub are one in the same, so whats the point of voting? Then you say to vote because it matters.... Make up your mind on that subject, also you forget:
JFK: the three things you need to be president are: money, money, and money.
We lack all 3
We lack decent candidates in almost all cases
Only 2 parties have a hope in heck of election, why? Because they get all the corporate sponsors and the same ones will NOT allow you to air a REAL candidate.

Frankly the nation is almost lost, we all need to face it, america is at a focal point where its winner takes all.

To make things short: They wont bother monitoring places not worth monitoring, anyplace with the SLIGHESTS hint of rebelious nature WILL be monitored, and if they get a powerful gulag going they will take the leaders of organizations that try and voice out against them, without leaders there is chaos.

One word of advice to follow: GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
Live free or die trying, millions have died in the past so why give up now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join