It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denying experience in the name of science and the bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The old mentality still seems to exist today. Something out of the norm is experienced on a regular basis & all people have to say is, does science explain it? And if it doesn't you're laughed at in the face.

Worse yet, sometimes the people experiencing it start to deny the experience because science says it doesn't exist. Wtf, do these people have no self respect?

Another example is someone who says something can't be because the bible doesn't say so.

WTF? Maybe some people want to be like mindless cattle. It's not in the research papers, it's not in the bible....accept ignorance in the face of experiential evidence....

It's no wonder the fact still stands that many people use only 2% or less of their brain & very few achieve anywhere near their full potential of existence.

So it appears the NWO folks are being handed on a silver platter what they want, generations of dumb people to serve them.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This would smooge(word) nicely in the rant forum

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
1. The concept that people use 10%, or 2% (or supply any other figure here) of their brain is a popular one but largely untrue. Brain activity is far more measurable and attributable now to different cognitive functions, than even 10 years ago. In my OPINION (not fact) people using 2% of their brain, or less, are about to die. People in comas use more, as do advanced cases of senile dementia and Alzheimers.

2. Science, being knowledge, ought to be able to explain all phenomena. Those that cannot be explained are those for which there has been insufficient research and connection of cause or effect or even the starting point of detailed observation and description of the phenomena. Homo sapiens is just homo sapiens, not some omnipotent omniscient 'supernatural' force.

3. Dogmatic faith is most assuredly the best tool available for social control. Put in a dumb leader who lives and breathes dogmatic faith, and the people in control then have a dumb idiot that other dumb idiots can empathize with. It works for a time, but only when you have dumbed down the education system enough to create enough dumbed-down people to be apathetic and totally unclear and dumb on their position as human beings and what is right and wrong.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
(Got it from my talking bird a few years ago) I agree with the both of you, but do feel *still* this is more closely related to ranting then WRD. Tis why I didn't bother ranting along with you.

I am curious why/how and what made you think of this?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As usual, mag, you perceive something hidden that I haven't said.

Let's just say I kind of blew my cork when I noticed a thread in this forum where someone said they had experience with something & another chimed in saying science says it doesn't exist. I will refrain from naming names.

It just touched off a cord in me. I think it is better posted here because there is something fundamentally wrong going on with this mentality of denial of experience that needs to be addressed. It is part of a nasty conspiracy. A conspiracy of dumbing the mind.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I am curious why/how and what made you think of this?

Now I am curious about what on earth the "this" that you refer to is.

Use only 3% more of your brain potential and help develop the synaptic connection for me, please.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
As usual, mag, you perceive something hidden that I haven't said.

Let's just say I kind of blew my cork when I noticed a thread in this forum where someone said they had experience with something & another chimed in saying science says it doesn't exist. I will refrain from naming names.

You just confirmed what I was speaking of..perhaps you are perceiving me perceiving you incorrectly..If I don't know, I ask..simple as that! You can deny, validate or ignore me..your choice. No biggie, I won't let it happen again.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Nevermind ok!? Read what I meant above. It meant not what I intended. I was simply wondering if there was a particular post/poster somewhere that gave Questor the reason(ing) to post this particular thread. THAT IS ALL!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Questor

I'm hip/cool/down with your dumbing down conspiracy. Except for one thing I didn't pick up the first time, that you highlighted well: as science has expanded human knowledge, dogmatic faith has become less important in the explanation of events that might be presented in a certain light in the interests of social control. But now, science can be used to defend against the unknown, as well as religion. You can be a science heretic and/or a religious heretic. So it's a two-pronged dumbing down attack, the attack of dumb value-laden non-progressive science and the attack of good old dumb religion.

magestica

Sorry - I thought your question was directed to me, and I didn't understand the context at all. My fault.

All is well in the land of the dumb again. Except for the non-dumb, which I trust participants in such an interesting crossover rant/discussion thread will cast themselves into the category of.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
interesting topic.
for some, science is the new dogma. especially in the field of quantum physics. witness the whole string theory debate.
other perfectly good science is not all-owed to surface, because it threatens the status quo of financial/political power distribution. rife generators, zero point, cold fusion, cars running on water, etc...
same with religion, ...witness falun gong in china.
let us pray,
objective: to bring the grace of the absolute.
apparatus: faith, concentration, intent
method: talk to god
observations: i feel better already
conclusions: god is

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
we we're made to evolve/change, yet we also have the ability to choose what aspects of ourselves that we wish to change/evolve on a spiritual/mental level. it's though my observation that humanity will never conform to one belief, especially if that belief is based on fear and ignorance.

top topics

join