It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We use only 10% of our brain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Although a lot of you might already know this but still as a human being I see it my responsibility to enlighten my fellow beings.

Is is true that humans only use 10% of their brains?

Maybe you should read this:
faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html

It is a myth. We do not use only 10% of our brain. All parts have of the brains have some function which has been proven.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yep it is a myth. There is no such thing as using only 10% of our brain. It was part of an obviously very successful ad campaign.

check out the link at snopes.com

www.snopes.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I've heard about how the ten percent myth is false, although what I've recently heard is that it was actually a misunderstanding or a misquotation. Supposedly we only use about 10% of our minds at the same time, but the brain switches which portions it use's so frequently that it's essentially the equivilent of using all 100%. Although I'm not entirely sure how true that is, something to look into a bit more.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I suggest changing your title to add
We use only 10% of our brain?- proven Hoax!!!

so that you dont accidentally contribute to this misunderstanding, with any english as second language members, that might not notice your question mark...

You are totally correct, and I have seen the same reports from several sources...

10% use of brain is just an old urban myth... science knows better...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think my Mrs only uses 5% or maybe less to be honest.

Seriously though i doubt we use even half of our brain capacity but i would imagine we use a lot more than 10%.

A little thought what would happen if we used all the memory up in our brain?? ie we learnt too much and couldnt fit any more in. How much can the brain store bearing in mind every little sight and sound we hear 24/7. What kind of computer memory could it be compared too????

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I can't speak for everyone but I'm almost up capacity with information overload.

Still, I feel that giving the masses 10% is being quite generous. I base these conclusions on the way most people drive.

join