It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the star that moves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Im wondering if anybody has ever slept outside on their trampoline, it was about three am and i noticed a star appeared in a different sport, now all you could follow was a tail but then it remained perfectly still until one other star moved from one place to another. Has anyone had similar sightings. In one night i saw two stars move from one place to another.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsamerovigian
Im wondering if anybody has ever slept outside on their trampoline, it was about three am and i noticed a star appeared in a different sport, now all you could follow was a tail but then it remained perfectly still until one other star moved from one place to another. Has anyone had similar sightings. In one night i saw two stars move from one place to another.

Could possibly be a satellite it is very common to see them on a crisp clear night. Usually you do not see them traverse the whole sky they usually filter away once to the far right or left which can be due to local light saturation or even the fact that its almost not visible to the naked eye any longer.

Good to watch though

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
When I was a child my dad and I were at a drive in movie, (Earnest goes to jail)
and I noticed something to the left of the screen. Four stars moved towards another, two from above and two from below and they surrounded it. The four stars started moving in a circle around the middle one and the entire formation moved across the sky. After about 5 seconds they stopped and the four stars shot back away from the middle one and vanished, and the middle star just sat there and didnt move again.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i once saw 3 stars move across the sky in a some sort of a traingular formation.
i took em as satellites and coincedence, but whatever. Looked wierd anyway.

on a side note: it's best to see them in areas with low air and light pollution, on a clean night it takes about 15 to 30 minutes to spot one. I've been doing this any time i'm on a vacation.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by krif]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
there are that many satellites in orbit it was probably one of them. my fiances dad and i often watch them at weekends

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It's just a trick of the eyes. When you look at a star too long it will always move some.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've got one for you... my girlfriend and I like to sit on our deck after dark and watch the skies. we are fortunate to live in a pretty quiet (and dark) area. We've seen many things in our time here. Some easily explainable... and some not so. One such experience that stands out in my mind, (and on my body as goosebumps when I think about it) was on a summer night last year. We've noticed that the peak time for us to view is right around 10:30 pm, so we make sure to keep the same schedule every night if we can. Anyway, we were out on the deck when my girlfriend spotted a "mover". It was only a speck of light, but it was moving quite quickly. Now I've seen satellites, planes, the space station, and other things on a nightly basis, but this thing was really moving. What happened next made my skin crawl...it stopped dead beside what I thought to be a star, remained there for maybe 2-3 seconds, then it and the "star" it stopped beside zoomed off in different directions. I felt like I was the bug-eyed, slack-jawed alien right then. My girlfriend and I have discussed this many times since, but we just can't come up with any reasonable explanation for this. I don't mind telling you I look at the stars very differently now. And much more often...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by subliminaut
I've got one for you... my girlfriend and I like to sit on our deck after dark and watch the skies. we are fortunate to live in a pretty quiet (and dark) area. We've seen many things in our time here. Some easily explainable... and some not so. One such experience that stands out in my mind, (and on my body as goosebumps when I think about it) was on a summer night last year. We've noticed that the peak time for us to view is right around 10:30 pm, so we make sure to keep the same schedule every night if we can. Anyway, we were out on the deck when my girlfriend spotted a "mover". It was only a speck of light, but it was moving quite quickly. Now I've seen satellites, planes, the space station, and other things on a nightly basis, but this thing was really moving. What happened next made my skin crawl...it stopped dead beside what I thought to be a star, remained there for maybe 2-3 seconds, then it and the "star" it stopped beside zoomed off in different directions. I felt like I was the bug-eyed, slack-jawed alien right then. My girlfriend and I have discussed this many times since, but we just can't come up with any reasonable explanation for this. I don't mind telling you I look at the stars very differently now. And much more often...

Interesting story, It would be cool if you could take a video of what you see the next time you're out stargazing.

Originally posted by tsamerovigian

For reference, here is a somewhat similar thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-9-2006 by AwakenedOne]

top topics

join