It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honest opinions please....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hello all...just wondering if anyone here has read "24 hours in Swayspeak"...and what they think of it....? I know it's a little confusing...people die...come back alive...die again...but some of that is not my fault. Some writers didn't get the jist of the plot being built by other writers...including myself...I even got confused in my own plot. Plus...I have to say....24 hours is a long time in this town...I think I ended at an estimated time of 11:00 a.m or so on Halloween Day with my part of the story...and the story started at 6:00 a.m. The latest collaborater jumped the clock and put it into late afternoon...I think he wants it all to end in Swayspeak...what do you think? Should they all die...should the whole world be plagued and die...what should be done with this plot? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I still have some "magic" up my sleeve if so need be....let me know...Thanks

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
One of the most interesting issues in Collaborative Fiction is the instruction not to collaborate on it with ATS members.

I have these suggestions:

1. Plan the end of the story as you would see it. If you have been carrying the thing, then gently steer it in the direction you have had the vision of, but certainly allow for the twists and turns.

2. The title including "24 Hours" doesn't mean that the whole plot has to be resolved around those 24 hours, does it? It just means that they are the core period in which certain impactful events would have affected the lives of the protagonists.

3. Think about the reader attention span and who your audience is. Look at the average drop-off in interest in topics at ATS in general, and how much the story can be carried through everything else that people might be doing or reading.

My opinion is three weeks is probably the max for a story to be carried out and resolved. People probably understand you have a vision for the thing now, so, as I say, you might gently keep it on track with a bit of foreshadowing here and there and some immutable things (although it does get a bit harder with multiple resurrections).

join