It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

62 % Of Britains support U.S.A war on terrorbut less than 1/10 think we are winning.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
actually,
the us president has stated the IRAQ war is ANOTHER battlefield in the war on terror.

Thats the american war, not the british war.

and being now 62% of londeners agree the war on terror MUST be fought..
I find it ammusing that american managed to convince its ALLIES citizens MORE than its OWN citizens, as to the legitimacy of this illegial occupation..

Mabye your becoming confused here, britain has been at war with terrorists for over 30 years, this did not start at 9/11.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
True, but i think its pretty obvious this pole was soley focusing on the WAR ON TERROR in IRAQ.
or did you conveniantly not see that in the news report....
this pole isnt anything to do with the IRA...

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

True, but i think its pretty obvious this pole was soley focusing on the WAR ON TERROR in IRAQ.

Was it or was the question: Do you support the war on terror?
People naturally assume that iraq is part of it/

or did you conveniantly not see that in the news report....
this pole isnt anything to do with the IRA...

Isnt it? Do we even know the exact question asked?

Edit: This was the questions asked:

Thinking about the idea that the West is fighting a “war on terror”
against organisations such as Al Qaeda, but leaving aside whether
the methods used to fight it are effective or not, which of the
following statements comes closest to your view?

Remind me again what type of group Al Qaeda is listed as?

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Are you reading the same material / posts devilwasp?

ITs a british AS WELL as an american war... BOTH are the two major backers of the IRAQ war.. sow why do you feel the need to distract this with the IRA?

Urrm your correct well done, a gold sticker for you.. as stated before iraq is seen as ANOTHER battlefield in the war on terror.
and if im not mistaken.. BRITAN arent exactly in any foreign wars outside of americans wars.. in afghan and iraq?

and if the pole had anythign to do with the IRA.. it would of said something.
So start reading things a bit more clearly before you feel the need to attempt at making someone feel stupid..

Im struggling to undersand what your last post is actually suggesting.. not enough sleep or something devilwasp?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Are you reading the same material / posts devilwasp?

Yes I went onto the link myself.

ITs a british AS WELL as an american war... BOTH are the two major backers of the IRAQ war.. sow why do you feel the need to distract this with the IRA?

Because you think that this "War on terror" started with 9/11, that is incorrect, the war on terror started DECADES ago when britain first came under attack by terrorists.

Urrm your correct well done, a gold sticker for you.. as stated before iraq is seen as ANOTHER battlefield in the war on terror.

But it isnt, atleast not on the british agenda, they had no links with terrorists or WMDs.

and if im not mistaken.. BRITAN arent exactly in any foreign wars outside of americans wars.. in afghan and iraq?

Well they are in peacekeeping operations across the globe and the war in iraq and afghanistan was declared over years ago, we are fighting criminals.

and if the pole had anythign to do with the IRA.. it would of said something.

It said the war on terror, correct me if I am wrong but is terror not usually conveyed through a "Terrorist"?
If so then the real IRA and the UVF where and still are very real enemies in the war on terror, you may focus your life on the whims of the US but I certainly do not. They joined our war, not the other way around.

So start reading things a bit more clearly before you feel the need to attempt at making someone feel stupid..

If it wasnt apart I did read it , more than you did infact, I even posted the original question which said nothing about the US war on terror but simpley asked about "the war on terror". If I wanted to make you feel stupid I'd pick a subject I'm a semi expert on like I dunno kayacking.

Im struggling to undersand what your last post is actually suggesting.. not enough sleep or something devilwasp?

Its suggesting that 62% of britons support war against terrorists but not the american war on terror as the poster claims. I sleep quite well thank you, more than 6 a nite depending on the night befores drinking session or if I decided to stay in and study all nite.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Dark I think you are being economical with the truth, the Uk/USA had no problem whatsoever in placing sanctions agaianst Saddam the result of which led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children thats really going to make us popular is it not. We could have taken Saddam out any time we liked but chose not to because it was not in the agenda.

In your own history Americans have had no problem in killing their own presidents and the same has happened elsewhere so I think to make it seem that Saddam and co where untouchable is rather silly.

Getting back to the original thread its strange that polls such as these are being used now but were never used during the 30 years of IRA terrorism. Lets tell people the truth, there's no WMD's, Iran has no nukes and Alqeada does not exist, what do you think the poll results would be then. If you fill peoples heads with lies and disinformation you cannot expect to get a truthful response.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join