It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with the Priests and Alter boys???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sadly enuff, this topic sounds like the beginning to a joke. But it is in a way,,,I wanna know your thoughts,,especially the catholics on this board,,,about the fact that the catholic religion is shelterin the accused priests from the law!!! This is horrible!!! It seemed that the media all of the sudden forgot about this,,,but I didnt! I don't care who you are, you touch kids,,you should be punished! Instead the Vatican wants to takes things in their own hand! Ugghhh!

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Your mother just molested some kid in the nieghborhood. Would you turn her in? I know this isn't exactly the same thing, but its the same basic idea. And it isn't really a big thing. Do you know how many clean priests there are? And how many dirty ones have been turned in? And I'm not catholic

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think the problem with Catholicism is that they won't let their priests marry. Christian and Jewish religions allow their priests to marry, but Catholics don't.

If they simply allowed their priests to marry, they wouldn't stray....or at least not as often. It's not just touching little boys...they do it to girls too. They aren't all raging homosexuals, they are just people who haven't been able to release their natural urges. After awhile, it builds up, and they eventually take an altar boy behind the confessional and they've destroyed both *their* life and someone else�s.

Although I'm not a Catholic, I have a lot of catholic friends. What's amazing is, none of them are practicing Catholics the way their parents are. One of my friends, who is getting married next July, told me that he has no intention of getting married in a church.

The way they teach their followers to live on a diet of guilt and remorse, prevents their church from "Evolving".

Not to mention the pope seems to enjoy avoiding problems rather then facing them.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As far sa my mom would be concerned,,,yeah I would turn her ass in!!!! I don't care who the hell it is,,,if you violate someone,,especially a child, the you should be punished.(Preferrably by death!)

Kai,I understand where you were going but that really doesnt make sense and sounds like a cop out. So beacuse they can't have sex they have to prey upon children. Okay so some of em have had adults,,but that doesn't matter. So these so called men of the cloth,,,rather keep their status as a priest and rape children then quit the congragation and find a 10 dollar hooker? Come on man! Okay,,maybe that does make sense because why give up the freebies!! Anyway, they are corrupt and you're right about the pope.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oh yeah,,Pherphile,,,,not a big thing????????? Are ya a priest or do ya have a "soft warm spot" for children?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I don't like kids *grumbles* Ok, say its not exactly 'not a big thing,' but I still think the media is blowing it out of proportion.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stress
So beacuse they can't have sex they have to prey upon children. Okay so some of em have had adults,,but that doesn't matter. So these so called men of the cloth,,,rather keep their status as a priest and rape children then quit the congragation and find a 10 dollar hooker? Come on man!

You are mistaking their actions as an act of desperation when it is actually an act of convenience. See, they could very well sneak out and get a hooker, but like Jim Baker and his *famous* night with a hooker, ladies of the night won't be willing to keep the priest's occupation a secret, and the priests know it.

So what is the best thing to do?

Have sex with a kid who can not only be frightened into being quiet, but will also not know what the priest is "doing" to him until years later.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I still think the media is blowing it out of proportion

yea cuz jews own the media. That explains why it was above Iraq in terms of headlines.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stress
Sadly enuff, this topic sounds like the beginning to a joke. But it is in a way,,,I wanna know your thoughts,,especially the catholics on this board,,,about the fact that the catholic religion is shelterin the accused priests from the law!!! This is horrible!!! It seemed that the media all of the sudden forgot about this,,,but I didnt! I don't care who you are, you touch kids,,you should be punished! Instead the Vatican wants to takes things in their own hand! Ugghhh!

I was going to say that they are readily available to the priest and that you usually dont question authority when you are catholic for fear of spending more time in purgatory. Thats why I am glad I am not a Catholic anymore.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Just to add a little bit. A friend of mine from church told me about this Catholic church that sat on a hill, and behind the church was a big drop with rocks.

I'v known this man for a while now about 8+ years. He's very honest, and trustworthy. He would give anyone his last penny if they needed it. He's 86 years old and I beleave everything he says. He's kinda like a Grandpa I never had.

But anyway, he said that behind this church on the rocks they found Bones of Multiple babies. I asked how they got there, and he said that the men would get the women pregnant, and they would birth the baby, and throw it off the cliff.

I can't remember why he said he new this, and I don't have any articles. But thought I would just bring this up.

I'll ask him next time I see him and get more info if anyone's interested.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pherophile
I don't like kids *grumbles* Ok, say its not exactly 'not a big thing,'

Well, at least that's what the violated kids claim about those priests...

...but I still think the media is blowing it out of proportion.

Actually, the media isn't covering the issue *enough*...The Church must be forced to let those priests suffer the consequences of their actions. They're not making their own priests take responsibility for their own actions. The only fault I can see with mass media is that this has been a problem with The Church since it was *founded* & only the invention of mass media has brought it to light. For what purpose does it serve to finally expose these %^&*&&# for what they are & not *do* anything about it?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
No real reason exists to believe the problem is isolated to the United States or for that matter simply the Catholic Church or even Christianity.

It is a very serious problem, especially when taking into consideration, recent published conclusions in respect
to when the brain is actually fully developed. What they indicate is that the age of 21 defines a fully formed human being.

Fact of the matter is during puberty, what is assessed as problems relating to feelings and emotion is related to the brain growing up.

This in respect to physiological elements.

What is happening in respect to how it is being resolved bespeaks of a conspiracy, which is very old.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by glan
Just to add a little bit. A friend of mine from church told me about this Catholic church that sat on a hill, and behind the church was a big drop with rocks.

I'v known this man for a while now about 8+ years. He's very honest, and trustworthy. He would give anyone his last penny if they needed it. He's 86 years old and I beleave everything he says. He's kinda like a Grandpa I never had.

But anyway, he said that behind this church on the rocks they found Bones of Multiple babies. I asked how they got there, and he said that the men would get the women pregnant, and they would birth the baby, and throw it off the cliff.

I can't remember why he said he new this, and I don't have any articles. But thought I would just bring this up.

Froooooooooockiiiiiiiiiing Hell.........!

(self editted due to te censor not censoring my bad word)

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by �any]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
it's all in the churches suppression of how we're instinctively created to feel. try and block these things and they will explode with unreliable results. it's either that or they're just simply messed up in the head.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by glan

That is just plain SICK! Thats why I am not part of the Catholic religion or any religion for that matter! There is no excuse for that and no excuse for the Priests getthing away with RAPE. Simple as that! It's RAPE and needs to be dealt with,,,and yes,,this subject hasn't been on the news enuff!!! It's a cover up like all the rest with the catholics!!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Stress,
Guess you haven't heard that any priest that does such evil things are immediately defrocked (not a priest) and will be handed over to secular authorities for judgement? Thought not. I'm a devout Catholic and yes it is terrible that some priests do and did such things. They are men just the same and are sinners capable of such things. But if the person is trully, sincerely, repentant of their sin to God then all is washed away despite what people say, that is the eternal forgivness of God. If they don't repent then they should rot in hell.

Kai,
I'm a practising Catholic and I'm only 28, there are many more like me in the world. About your simple solution of letting priest marry to stop pedophilia? It is completely untrue that celibate priests are more likely to be pedophiles than any other group of men, married or not. Pedophilia affects only 0.3 percent of the population of Catholic clergy, and sexual abusers in general account for less than 2 percent of Catholic priests. These figures are comparable to rates among married men, as non-Catholic scholar Philip Jenkins points out in his book Pedophiles and Priests. Other Protestant denominations have admitted to having similar problems among their own married clergy, so clearly the problem is not with celibacy.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The only reason catholic priest were caught in the US, is because a lot more emphasis is placed on the matter of sexual abuse than in most of the world.

Again, the problem despite the assurances of many concerned is much more serious than this.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CearbhallKai,
I'm a practising Catholic and I'm only 28, there are many more like me in the world. About your simple solution of letting priest marry to stop pedophilia? It is completely untrue that celibate priests are more likely to be pedophiles than any other group of men, married or not. Pedophilia affects only 0.3 percent of the population of Catholic clergy, and sexual abusers in general account for less than 2 percent of Catholic priests. These figures are comparable to rates among married men, as non-Catholic scholar Philip Jenkins points out in his book Pedophiles and Priests. Other Protestant denominations have admitted to having similar problems among their own married clergy, so clearly the problem is not with celibacy.

While I respect the fact that you are Catholic, you don't seem to be very informed about this issue. The fact is, a lot of these men are repressed sexually and their actions are obviously a direct result of it. I never once in my statement said that allowing priests to marry would completely remove the problem (How silly does that sound to you?) but it certainly would help.

Think about it: You don't hear these kinds of things happening in Jewish Synagogue's or Christian churches. Maybe other religions are much better at silencing people and hiding their abused children....but I doubt it. I think it is because, quite simply, they allow their priests/rabbis to marry.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Your mother just molested some kid in the nieghborhood. Would you turn her in?

Without a doubt, I would. You wouldn't?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't turn my mom in that's #ed up. She's still my mom. Not to mention it woulnd't do much.

I'd just #ing kill her.

Problem solved.

Someone Molesting/raping children need to be dealt with.

Originally posted by Satyr

Your mother just molested some kid in the nieghborhood. Would you turn her in?

Without a doubt, I would. You wouldn't?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join