It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grounding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I get alot of questions and e-mails on grounding. I thought I'd just post a thread.

Grounding is something that not alot of people seem to understand. I certainly didn't at first. As far as I was conserned - I did NOT want to give up my extra energy, I thought 'the more the better'. LOL But just as too much water in or out of the cells (dehydration or overhydration causeing electrolights being out of wack), too much energy can cause just as much 'off-ness' and problems as not enough. So grounding isn't getting rid of something you need, it's ballancing what you have to make sure you have just enough - not too much, and not too little.

I am like a grounding rod to tohers near me, like a magnet for excess energy and also, I give off lots of energy to those who need it. It just puuls right from me. (Sometimes during chat or on the phone as well)

So grounding is what we need to do to keep our energy healthy, therefore not only helping ourselves, but also allowing us to use what we know to help others when we need to as well.

There are many ways to ground - for most of us it is a natural thing that happens on it's own. I find that the things I tend to do naturaly also seem to ground me naturaly. Walking bear foot outside, petting on the animals (they say cats especialy), smoking a cigarette (not that it's good for your lungs!)...
But if you really want to feel it (It can feel like you in a fast elevator that just stopped or it can feel like you've been off ballance for a while and suddenly regained ballance)... there are several ways to help the process.

I like to use visualisation. The reason for this is that everything we do is first imagined, then done physicaly - it's a natural process that sets the body in motion. One I like to teach first is the 'tree method'.

I like to stand bearfoot in the grass or dirt. (There are alot of techniques all over the internet, many of them sitting with the spine strait etc... what I discribe here is what gives me the quickest and 'most felt' effects).

While standing outside (usualy at night with no one around), I just stand still, kno my intent is to ground myself, and let my arms hang to my sides. I feel the pull of gravity pulling at my hands and fingers and I feel my feet on the ground. I visualise my feet growing roots into the ground and my hands - as if the heaviness is emptying out of my fingers and flowing to the ground. I let the pull continue untill it seems to subside. (This process is all but automatic for me now because I've done it so many times - and it begins all by itself immediately.)

Still feeling the 'roots' that have grown from my feet into the ground - I start tapping into the feel of the energy that runs through me. I feel it circulating and I direct/visualise the energy coming up from the ground into one side/foot, going through my body and back out the other side/foot - I just let it continue until I feel it jar me. You'll feel it when your through.

There are many ways - all of which people come up with on their own and pass around. The main point is to let your energy flow out to a natural grounded source and bring your energy back to you - let your energy be what it needs to be - letting go of the excess and the unhealthy and all th energy that don't belong to you... and regaining all the energy you need, the healthy energy and the energy that is yours.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Grounding is essential for anyone who is involved in any sort of magick, spiritual, or meditiative working. Without grounding, you lose control of a ritual or situation. becoming grounded and centered creates a space where you are in total control. Without it, you could be controled by the very forces you seek to summon, touch, experience, or meditate upon.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hey Elf

I can feel it when I'm well grounded and centered - I'm 'ready' and clear and on the ball.
But when I am not grounded - I bet people can even tell by reading my posts... there is a big difference. It's like everything about me dims a bit, I don't shine.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Grounding is essential for anyone who is involved in any sort of magick, spiritual, or meditiative working. Without grounding, you lose control of a ritual or situation. becoming grounded and centered creates a space where you are in total control. Without it, you could be controled by the very forces you seek to summon, touch, experience, or meditate upon.

I haven't grounded for almost 8 months now and am still doing the magical and meditive workings just fine. It all depends on how "down to earth" the individual is themselves.

When I used to be to much in the "air", like playing with idiotic new-age fantasies, it felt at times as if I was being sucked out of my body and looking at my own back of the head or looking over my own shoulder to see what I was doing. Very annoying and at those times grounding was essential.

Luckily it is clearly stated in many occult practices that the state of mind is most important, a fact that everyone stands behind. Neither Ose nor Murmur (Goetia daemons) ever tried/managed to control me because I didn't ground myself.

Grounding is helpfull to those who don't get the deeper meaning and practice of things and need a tool/technique to cover up their own weakness in order to find the needed balance.

The only times I ground myself these days is when I want to communicate with neither, simply because the connection is made a lot easier and clearer that way.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius

Grounding is helpfull to those who don't get the deeper meaning and practice of things and need a tool/technique to cover up their own weakness in order to find the needed balance.

I dissagree. I think that most of us ground through out the day without giving it much though. Just getting yourself ready to do this kind of work (mentaly speaking) is like an instant responce for the body to ready itself. But every now and again, when things don't happen on their own - that's when we need to actively ground ourselves.

Cug

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Grounding is essential for anyone who is involved in any sort of magick, spiritual, or meditiative working.

I totally disagree. Grounding is essential if your system utilizes it like Wicca/or other magick using Pagan paths.

I practice Ceremonial Magick and I have never grounded. In my case the LBRP (Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram) not only removes unwanted energy, it removes everything.

The only time you see grounding mentioned as presented above in Ceremonial Magick is if after a ritual you find yourself jumpy it is a quick way to reduce the energy. However if you find your self feeling jumpy, you did the ritual wrong.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Honestly, I think grounding has to be somewhat different for each individual. I think the only thing that is the same is that you have to be with nature...something with pure energy. If I really need to be grounded, I have to go out in the middle of the woods where there are no other energies. I am always barefoot, always have been. But sometimes I have to go to the woods. I think that everyone is somewhat unique with their abilities. I tend to suck up everyone elses energies and thoughts, so going to the woods where no one is around is the only way I can ground myself. Sometimes, if it isnt very bad, I can just sit outside. But when it gets bad enough, I HAVE to go deep in the woods.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You know you are grounded when...

you can get on a yoga ball and not fall off.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
As usual cug explains it better then I can

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I've never done much thought into it. But reading this topic made me realize I needed to "ground" myself. Or my energies.
I feel very "different" these past couple of weeks, and I didn't really know why.
Now I know, something that I used to do, up until recently, I've stopped. I need to start doing it again. Become more positive and live life from that point forward.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Are you people trying to insinuate that you have so much energy that you need to ground your soul back to your body?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Grounding your soul back to your body? No no no no no. lol.

People ground themselves all the time. You do it, I do it - everyone does it. But those who work with energy or are very sensative to it are more aware of when it's happening, when it's needed etc.

Have you ever just had an 'off' day? Nothing major happened to throw you off, nothing drastic - just an off day? Well, if you were sensative enough to the energy that is you, and the energy that surrounds you, and you worked with energy... what you would notice is that there is a difference in your energy on your 'off days', on your 'bad days', on your really great days, on the days that aren't really good or bad but very clear minded and you are able to accomplish allot etc.

And what you would also notice is that certain things tend to change these things. You'd notice the difference of these things corrisponding to the energy differences (not only in yourself, but in others around you) - and you'd begin (without even trying) to change things for the better - as is our nature.

What is a normal thing for all of us to do we find is an element that directly correlates to our ability to use and work with energy and our ability to be at our best. Not that we ever needed a name or lable for this, but when we found out that everyone else didn't seem to notice or be aware of these things... and we were lucky enough to find reading material or people to talk to that are aware of it... we had to name or lable it... so, someone called it grounding.

This is not even scratching the surface, but it's so late...

I hope this helps more than complicates (fingers crossed)

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Angela, would you like to know where I learned my best grounding? Bootcamp

I don't know if this is a taboo subject or not, but I've never seen anyone talk about in on the boards (and I've been around msg boards since '98).

'The rigors of boot'
(a short seastory)

Eight weeks of standing at attention waiting in line for the chowhall, marching to classes, parade rest, push ups (!), hours and hours of inspections--imagine that, day in and day out. I also taught myself pretty much to go into a trance during barracks inspection where we had two lines of recruits facing each other waiting for the CCs to come thru tearing our stuff apart.

Once everyone of us (80 girls) had our shoes facing the wrong direction on top of our lockers and the whole company was set back a week for more training. The real reason was the orders weren't ready for us to graduate on time, so they made up that excuse to keep us all there an extra week, for nine weeks instead of eight.

Wotthehell, an extra week of grounding never hurt anyone.

The exercise area where we ran laps for a mile and a half each day with our brother company was called the grinder. Fancy that.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Psyop,
That is so cool, I am so grateful others have this experience, I have had my most profound experiences in the "real" world.
On hikes, at sea, on oil rigs, at work.
But boot camp?
I use it frequently, I will recall the state of mind, and the situation, when I am in a tight spot, assuring myself that I am capable.

I also have an attraction to rock formations, (have mentioned this before) I feel stronger more safe in the presence of rocks.
Trees, preferably old trees are good to, they contain endurance flexibility, rocks; are constant, infinite in a human perspective at least.. And I need that very stable energy.
I am sooo "fluid"

AngelaL. good thread.
WIS

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Wow psyopswatcher,
Bootcamp don't sound like fun. And I hear there's no smoking... I definatly won't be joining!
But I know what you mean, I didn't have bootcamp, but there were some things I had to go through for long periods of time that were, let's just say a good breeding ground for one to grow spiritualy through nessecity. (I can never spell that word - no matter where I put the C's or S's, it just never looks right)

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
In our "the circle" voodoo rituals, our grounding methods vary depending on the intensity, trance state and overall vibe. Sometimes a subtle change in the conga rhythm or whistle brings everything back into flux. Other times more drastic measures are taken that, if discussed might break T&C, so Ill just leave it up to your imagination. hint: erotic!

"The Circle" started as strictly a male drum ceremony but morphed into a muchmore complex entity as we felt the female energy would add much more power. It did!! We describe our rituals as "voodoo" only as a descriptive term. No animals are harmed!!!!!

[edit on 15-9-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
For me grounding is nothing more than the movement and transfer of energy... in particular, the energy 'evening out' so to speak, within and around myself. I feel it happening, but there isn't anything in particular I have to do to make it happen.

Now when I'm 'in a funk', like I was talking about above, and I need to ground myself, just the need to do so (thinking about it), the intent may be all that's needed. Other times a visualization brings it on.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Grounding brings me back to "me". It is kind of a healing thing. For those of us who are really sensitive to energies, it can get very overwhelming. So, when I ground myself, it is like I am getting back to my own energy and no one elses. I rejuvinate/clean/restore my energy, so that I can "see" clear again and continue helping others.

For people who are sensitive (and unfortunatly, there are many who dont even realize they are) it is highly necessary to ground yourself. If you dont, it is like working at your job 24/7. You'll go insane.

top topics

join