It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

uproar over 1938 article about Hitler's house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
write-up on the flap here

the 1938 Homes&Gardens article here

somehow the posting of this article on a Louisana man's blog turned into a contraversy over anti-Semitism, history, and general weirdness. the article itself is a strange footnote to history; why on earth a UK magazine would have a feature on Hitler's house in 1938 is beyond me, but it's an interesting look nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
'In it, the author, the improbably named Ignatius Phayre, tells us that "it is over 12 years since Herr Hitler fixed on the site of his one and only home." '

Hitler crept into (invaded/annexed) neighboring countries on similar pretexts to what a certain neo-con PNAC effort has commenced to do in its much further away sphere of influence in 2002-2003.

In 1938 he would still have been perceived in the mentalities of house & garden publishers as less of a threat/enemy and more of a curiosity. By the time the 1939 incursions had happened it was too late for the allies to get off their collective asses and prevent what followed.

History repeats.

Hey MC, this is just as good as your Titanic thread... Do you long to be a flapper in the 1920's?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Hey MC, this is just as good as your Titanic thread... Do you long to be a flapper in the 1920's?

not necessarily "long to be", but if I could take a vacation in another time, that's where I'd go. but what does this have to do with the topic?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well, I expect your next one may have something to do with an undiscovered conspiracy connected with racketeering in the prohibition era then!

Wasn't the rest of my post on topic at least?

Hey, they put Osama Bin Laden on the cover of Time as man of the year, didn't they? (Extra question mark - ?)

Hitler (no idol of mine) was probably the greatest motivational public speaker of the first half of last century, and his lifestyle would have been interesting to Germans and other Europeans alike in 1938.

2003, that's another story!

BTW, I just noticed you alluded to a "write up on the flap", flapper...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
is someone not getting their hormone injections?....

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Last time I checked, Home & Garden wasn't a political magazine, and I do believe this article was written pre-Maniac/Genocide.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Last time I checked, Home & Garden wasn't a political magazine, and I do believe this article was written pre-Maniac/Genocide.

I'm not saying I agree with the controversy. I just report it as I see it

top topics

join