It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Chick Fight" and the Guy's role?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hello all, today I was witness to a "chick fight", between one girl that I knew and another whom I didn't. They were arguing about something and I wasn't quite paying attention at the time. However I heard people react to something so I looked back and the girl that I knew was on the ground and this other chick was hitting her in the head. The girl on the ground was trying to cover her face but this other B* kept on hitting her AND there was already blood on the ground. I was about 20 feet away at the time, so I start running toward them I grabbed the chick that was still hitting and I pushed her to the ground (note, I did not hit her). Then I go over to the other girl and she's in shock and stuff and her face is a little bloody (found out later she had a deep cut in her eyebrow).

Anyway then the B* that I pushed to the ground has the nerve to get in my face and tell me I can't do that!

Can you believe that S*!? I apparently cant stop her from sending someone to the emergency room!

Then she continues to tell me I shouldn't have pushed her and that I shouldn't even have gotten involved because it was none of my business!!! Boy did she push it...

Now what really pissed me off is the fact there were 4 other guys there and they did nothing to stop this, they sort of huddled around them and were standing there with this stupid grin on their face and at least one was cheering. And they all got upset and looked at me like I spoiled a great show when I intervened. NONE went to check the girl on the ground, ok they didn't know her but still there's blood on the ground and you cant even go over to check her!?

So I ask you, was I wrong!? Was I suppose to stand there like an idiot and do nothing because as another guy said to me it was a "chick fight" and "we don't get involved with that"? Because it would "stop eventually", EVENTUALLY!? WTF was he thinking. Anyway as you can see this pisses me off quite a bit, so, what was I suppose to so?

Note, all quotes are actual. And in case you're wondering the people in question were all in their late teens.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think it was pretty smart of you to stop the fight. Who knows what could have happened to the one girl who was getting hit, she could have been in the hospital or worse. I think you did the right thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
By all means you were rite to do what you did and asas long as you didn't hit her [wich I think you didn't] the other young lady shouldn't have any reason to do this to you.

A fight regular fight is nothing to get worked up about but when blood spills then it has gone to far.

You did the rite thing.

TRw

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think you're a hero and all the rest of them are immature losers.

Of course you did the right thing. Don't kid yourself or lose sleep over it.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
i beieve you did the right thing and i'd do the same and to be honest wat person is that obnoxious i mean geez

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think you did the right thing.
Maybe you should have turned to the guys and said "What's wrong with you losers?".
The fact that they were young and maybe wasn't sure what they were supposed to do, you might make them actually think about helping if the situation should ever arise again.
You're older than them and setting a good example.
Just a thought....

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You did good and your actions should be the same even if it was a guy getting his face smashed in.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
I think you did the right thing.
Maybe you should have turned to the guys and said "What's wrong with you losers?".

You're older than them and setting a good example.

Thanks, now that I think about it I should have said a lot more to them but at the time I was very concerned for the girl who as injured and had to deal with the girl who was trying to convince me I shouldn't have gotten involved by shouting in my face. But yeah, I should have said a whole lot more.

And just to add, I'm not "older" the them, I’m in my late teens as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
From one gentleman (seems as a rarity anymore) to another ............ my hats off to you, and the beer's on me !!

And from the old man in me ........ never lose that part of you that reacted as should, it builds great integrity, and will carry you far

As for those dudes, man I have never understood the mentality of such people. Quite juvenile, to say the least.

KUDOS TO YA !!!!!!!

Misfit

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Lolove honey...u did what u had 2 do................f-it !

[btw, did u find out what the fight was about???]

ave maria ! the champ... kisses n a red rose 4 ur ear !

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
And just to add, I'm not "older" the them, I’m in my late teens as well.

Your actions speak of your upbringing. I think your parents brought you up to do the right thing. We always reflect back on the things we would of, should of, could of said....but in reality, your actions spoke louder than words.

***Edit to remove the italics

[edit on 8/30/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You should have stayed out of it, Westpoint. Im surprised you did not get severely hurt.

Its a fight between to chicks. You should never get involved in a chick fight, period. Its like trying to stop a fight between to male lions. You gamble with your life. Chick fights tend to be ten times nastier and vicious than dude fights.

As a chick who has been in fights with both other chicks and dudes, you simply did not know what the cause of the fight was. Or why they were fighting.

Unless there are weapons involved, or its a case of several people ganging up on someone who is either helpless or alone, its best to let them sort it out themselves.

I remember one fight between the girls at school. One of the girl's boyfriend comes over and thinks hes gonna be Mr. hero, and tries seperating the two. Both girls suddenly turned on him and he got his jaw broken. He should have stayed out of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by georgejohn
[btw, did u find out what the fight was about???]

Yeah and that was another sad part of this drama, the argument was about, you guessed it, she said this, to her, and I heard this, you did that, he told me this… :shk:. And apparently something was said or done that made it go from an argument to a fight and I'm still not quite sure that that was, but I still strongly believe that a fight in this situation was not warranted, at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
You should have stayed out of it, Westpoint.

But if we didn't have people that were willing to go out on a limb for someone
(the under-dog)??? Then what would we have? Nothing, but a sad state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You should have stayed out of it, Westpoint.

Why should have she, stayed out of it? An what Stand back and watch that girl getting the crap gettin kicked out of her? Dun think so.

Westpoint you done right to split it up. Ya should have decked the other girl for getting in your face.

What can I say, guys like to see chicks fight, is it wrong, Yes any kind of violence is wrong.

Just be grateful your friend was not seriously hurt. I have seen fights that have involved knifes or other weapons.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

You should have stayed out of it, Westpoint. Im surprised you did not get severely hurt.

Well, to tell you the truth at the time I was more concerned about the other guys there jumping in to stop me, thankfully they didn't. That could have ended badly.

Its a fight between to chicks. You should never get involved in a chick fight, period. Its like trying to stop a fight between to male lions. You gamble with your life. Chick fights tend to be ten times nastier and vicious than dude fights.

I disagree, if I have the ability to stop it then I will. I don't agree with physically fighting (in general) unless it is absolutely necessary, what I mean by that is that I would only fight to defend myself or someone else. I'm not perfect so I don't always practice that but I try to stick to it as much as I can.

And as for the other chick, well, she looked and acted like someone I usually wouldn't bother with but seeing as how I was several times her size I think she decide it wasn't worth it. Fortunately for both of us she didn't continue because my temper was flaring at that moment and had she continued, well, who know what would have happened…

Unless there are weapons involved, or its a case of several people ganging up on someone who is either helpless or alone, its best to let them sort it out themselves.

Skadi, I can't understand that type of thinking, the girl was bleeding and on the ground (defensless), what should I have done? Wait there until she passed out or was injured more severely? I couldn't do that, not when I knew I had the ability to stop it. BTW who cares if there were weapons or not, you can still get severely injured either way.

And spencerjohnstone, I'm a he.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I think you're a hero and all the rest of them are immature losers.

Of course you did the right thing. Don't kid yourself or lose sleep over it.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I have been in fights before. I have also been on the losing end and gotten injured as a result.

If some outsider had come in and tried to get involved, I would have probably turned on them. because in a fight, its between you and the person involved to sort out. You create more potential problems by jumping in.

If you felt the need to get involved, it would have been better to call the cops and let them deal with it. They are trained and paid for such things anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well imo, it comes to a point where the person loosing has had enough and it needs to end, plus it totally kills the vibe of the party, sure let them box, but once its clear who is the victor, no need to sit by aimlessly and let them just beat and stomp on someone on the ground.

IMO.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You did the right thing WestPoint. A good solid shove let her know you were willing to use force without damaging more than her pride. Then you've got the wheels turning in her mind. "Will he do that again if I try to continue the fight? I don't want to fight a guy." At the point she started yelling at you you won. You down-graded the fight to a verbal argument.

Repeat as necessary.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join