It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs: Science Or Science Fiction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Dinosaurs : Science Or Science Fiction ( there is matter for a long debate. ). A very good question, especially when you read this : Link

The Dinosaurs Conspiracy is now running.

P.S : I didn't read everything, but I do my best.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
makes for an interesting read, although it is still the creationists v the Darwinists. Instead of trying to prove their theory correct,because to them its already proved, they try and discredit the others. Yes there has been a lot of hoaxes and scams and plain old incompetence regarding dinosaur fossils, but for the most part they are there, just waiting to be correctly sorted and identified. as of yet most of it is still guesswork. personally for me neither side has an entirely convincing or at least plausible theory. so until they do we shall never know

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ancient people didn't know DNA was in every living being either, but we found it much, much later. Our ancestors not knowing something does not mean that something never existed. The arguments presented there are very weak.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just people covering their ears and sticking their heads in the ground.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Wow,
Why cant people just accept the reality that things are what you see. Just because the dinosaurs dont agree with creationalism, or the bible for that matter. They must be wrong. The bible is not a history book. Maybe it can be taken as a moral guide of sorts. The fact is things such as the dinosaurs were not mentioned in the bible because people didnt know about them. They were not mentioned in other religious texts regarding creationalism because they had never seen such things. Like said above, just because ancient civilizations did not know of them, does not mean they didnt exist. Religious people and catholics. There is still room for your god to exist even with evolution and darwinism. We know that evolution occurs. We know that creationalism is false. But that still doesnt explain everything. There is still enough left unknown.

Once again,
WOW

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Some people will not admit the truth when they see it and will make up all sorts of theories to justify thier (incorrect) view.

Funny how the religious lot have to jump through hoops to make thier views fit in with all the evidence.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The dinosaur industry needs to be investigated and questions need to be asked. I personally do not have any reasons to believe dinosaurs ever existed and I believe they may be a fabrication of nineteenth and twentieth century people possibly under Satanic control pursuing an evolutionary and anti-Bible and anti-Christian agenda

Found this paragraph on the link, hehe.

Of Course, it was Satan!!! Anything not in the bible, or any idea that disproves Christianity, is a product of Satan.

Easy to blame the guy who never had a chance to argue his point of view, hehe.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yes. Dinosaurs were created in Satans image, I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Yes. Dinosaurs were created in Satans image, I'm sure.

yeah, dinosaurs were created by lucifer before god banned him to hell. them god got rid of the dinosaurs and created man

nah! i believe we were created of intelligent design by aliens

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That's definitly an interesting read.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Religious fundamentalists will often have a field day with the truth. Remember the story about Muslim fundamentalist teachers teaching the boys that dinosaurs were created by the Jews to eat Arabs.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Noah said to the Brontosaurus...comical...ain't it?..but probably true.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Lol i find that so funny, the lengths some extremists will go just to prove their point. It's very pathetic

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The idiots that wrote this were smoking their Bible rather than reading it!! Dinosaurs do not contradict the Bible, they are in it! So are dragons in the water (Lochness type dinosaurs in my opinion). These people are so busy coming up with fairytales to mislead their followers and whoever else they can convince that they have completely ignored their own book.
Job 40:15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
Job 40:16 Lo now, his strength [is] in his loins, and his force [is] in the navel of his belly.
Job 40:17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
Job 40:18 His bones [are as] strong pieces of brass; his bones [are] like bars of iron.
Job 40:19 He [is] the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach [unto him].
Job 40:20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
Job 40:21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
Job 40:22 The shady trees cover him [with] their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
Job 40:23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, [and] hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
Job 40:24 He taketh it with his eyes: [his] nose pierceth through snares.

Just because it doesn't call it a "dinosaur" doesn't mean it isn't describing one.

Sorry, I didn't mean to quote Byrd on this. I hit quote instead of reply at the bottom of the page. Don't think I was calling you an idiot, Byrd.

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by jezebel]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

Originally posted by Byrd
Religious fundamentalists will often have a field day with the truth. Remember the story about Muslim fundamentalist teachers teaching the boys that dinosaurs were created by the Jews to eat Arabs.

The idiots that wrote this were smoking their Bible rather than reading it!! Dinosaurs do not contradict the Bible, they are in it! So are dragons in the water (Lochness type dinosaurs in my opinion). These people are so busy coming up with fairytales to mislead their followers and whoever else they can convince that they have completely ignored their own book.
Job 40:15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
Job 40:16 Lo now, his strength [is] in his loins, and his force [is] in the navel of his belly.
Job 40:17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
Job 40:18 His bones [are as] strong pieces of brass; his bones [are] like bars of iron.
Job 40:19 He [is] the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach [unto him].
Job 40:20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
Job 40:22 The shady trees cover him [with] their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
Job 40:23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, [and] hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

Just because it doesn't call it a "dinosaur" doesn't mean it isn't describing one.

def science..........

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

Sorry, I didn't mean to quote Byrd on this. I hit quote instead of reply at the bottom of the page. Don't think I was calling you an idiot, Byrd.

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by jezebel]

So true...so true...more evidence everyday is being upturned from the earth that points to the Bible and ancient writings...and that Dinosaurs were probably on the earth in Noah times. And that..is how the world turns...hehe.

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by xenongod]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hmm.

But dinosaurs are older than the earth is, according to the bible. So does this mean that you are now going to have to tell us that carbon dating or whatever method dinosaurs are aged by is wrong?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
ow iam so tyred, seriuosly plz stop those stupid quotez..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Radio carbon dating is based upon the scientific method of dating material TODAY with the carbon 14 molecule in our atmosphere assuming that the atmosphere has never changed..WRONG. I can't believe they even rely upon a testing method that ASSUMES anything. The atmosphere used to be different before the Great Flood...carbon 12 was more prominent from what I learned. Therefore....if you "scientifically" dated something today with the same atmosphere that existed back then...everything would be A LOT younger than it shows by today's method.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well thats interesting you say that Zzub, because carbon dating does have its' flaws. Even gas chromatography/mass spectrometers have their flaws as well, but to pit science with the writen words from the bible is.. a whole new can of beans

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join