It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Looking for cool fonts site!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm praying that this is the right place for this thread. Basically, what I'm looking for is a link to a cool site that was posted on here on ATS somewhere a while back. I bookmarked it, but since then I've had a computer problem which required a brand new hard drive and memory, so basically I lost everything.

Anyway, the site was a cool site of "famous fonts" that someone posted on here. Basically, it had the fonts that major companies, movies, television programs, etc. use in their logos. So for example, it would have the font they use for "The X-Files" logo or the font that Honda might use in their logo, etc, etc. I'm hoping that someone here understands what I'm saying and actually bookmarked the site like I did!

If so, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a link here for anyone that might be interested, and U2U me a link because my ATS skills are terrible and I'll probably have trouble ever finding this thread again! I tried using the search function on here, but had no luck. Then again, I couldn't find my head if it wasn't attached to me!

Thanks a bunch in advance!

-Rasputin

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here are 2 good font sites i use personally:

site 1

site 2

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Pacman:

www.1001freefonts.com...

Xerox Malfunction:

www.1001freefonts.com...

1942 Report:

www.1001freefonts.com...

These are just some of my favorites

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
If so, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a link here for anyone that might be interested, and U2U me a link because my ATS skills are terrible and I'll probably have trouble ever finding this thread again!

Rasputin,

Here you go:
www.google.com...

There are Many, Many links with available downloads of famous fonts in the results.

TV shows, Commercial brandings, Movies, etc.

If you wish to save the link as a "bookmark" simply right-click on it and choose "Add to favorites".

Hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That wasn't the exact site that I was looking for... but the one you gave me is actually a MILLION TIMES BETTER than what I was looking for! Thanks a bunch!

I liked the second site you linked better, www.dafont.com. Now, here comes the dumb questions that will make you regret ever getting into this with me. LOL. I'm really computer illiterate. Is there anyway you coud give me some dumbed down directions on how to download and use some of these fonts, say in a program like Microsoft Publisher or maybe a photoshop-type program? And while I'm at it, instead of filling my hard drive with tons of fonts, is there anyway that I can put them all on a disk or flash drive and just go to them when I need them? Or would that just end up taking a lot of time and require me to upload them each time they're used and then delete them off of my computer afterward?

Thanks so much for your help! You really hit this one out of the park for me, and in record time too! As soon as I checked back, you had an answer for me! LOL

You're getting a Way Above Top Secret vote from me! Thanks!!
I'm not worthy!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sure thing im really good at computers and what your asking is extremly simple go to Control panel, Then fonts and drag in the font you wish to install on your computer once inside there, restart any programs you want to use it with(basically exit and open again) and it should be avalible in the options there
any problems please let me know.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks! You guys are my heroes! I'll let you know if I have any trouble...

It's almost like ATS is the place where all of my questions and problems can be answered! I might as well get rid of all the other sites I go to for things like news, sports, weather, etc. I can find everything right here... and have all of my questions answered a thousand different ways by a thousand different people as soon as I click the "send" button!

I've been visiting ATS for a couple of years now, and been a member for about two of those. And it seems like everyday my appreciation for this site grows and grows!

Now if only we could get that Automotive Forum up on here! If you haven't signed the petition yet, please do so!

top topics

join