It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can turtles die from old age

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The truth is certain species of turtles do not show any signs of aging. This is not just because they are disease resistant, or because the scientists don't know what to look for. It is in fact quite a mystery, and is being actively debated as to what it means.

Here are some links on the subject:

discovermagazine.com...

www.nytimes.com...

I am currently concentrating my research into discovering the secrets of turtle longevity. I find it a fascinating branch of science.

Dr. K

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Turtles never stop growing either- all reptiles grow as long as they are alive - and they don't seem to die of old age. Well, if something never stops growing, the if it never got old and died, we should be some mightly big reptiles afoot in the world. Some of the Galapagos tortoises are over 600 lbs.

a-z-animals.com...
150 is about as long as they live. If we could cross a tortoise with a redwood tree, would a island be big enough for it?

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ajh91

I duuno , that Bastid Mitch McConnell is Still Alive............

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ajh91
death from old age usually means a person dyed from preexisting disease or illness that effectually overwhelms their weakened body. given turtles do get diseases and illnesses they would die from "old age".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join