It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What difference does it make?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've been trying to get my parents into some basic knowledge of the 9/11 conspiracy theories. I've let them listen to a few things. So far, my fathers not convinced, but my mother sortof is.

But in a dicussion with her, she raised a good point.

What difference does it make?

What would knowing the truth about it, or having an independant research project on it change?

Her example was the JFK assasination. "Everybody" sortof "knows" it was more then just one person. Everybody "knows" there were more shooters. Everybody "knows" that Johnson was involved.

But in the end, does it change anything?

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Insofar as 9/11 goes, IMHO it does make a difference. 9/11 was the start of "The War On Terror". 2 countries (Afghanistan, and Iraq) were subsequently invaded for the cause. How many tens of thousands of people died as a direct result of these wars? Soldiers from both sides, and quite a few civilians as well. How many Billions of dollars were wasted on these wars? If the 9/11 conspiracies were ever found out to be absolutely true, then I believe that the outcry would be so strong that it would border on mutiny. More than likely the war would somehow cease, and our brave men and women would come home.

As far as JFK goes, nothing would really change as it has been so long ago that most of the "key players" of that era are either dead, or just not relevant any longer.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm with your mom on this one WOW.

When I finally realized that the world only exists for my personal entertainment and I can no more change anything than I can change the events on a movie screen.

Yeah, I know it's a selfcentered and egotistical approach but I have found that being entertained is much preferable to feeling powerless. At this time I would like to thank all the people that make Whaaa's world what it is today. I mean this from the bottom of my heart!!! And I sincerely hope I might be somewhat entertaining for you as well. Gracias!!

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yes it does change things.
It changes our perception of how the government works.
It changes the level of trust that we have of those who protect us.
It changes our support of occupation of other countries.
I truly feel that we should be allowed to seek the truth concerning the general welfare of our citizens.

If we were to learn that yes, Iraq had a hand in terrorism in this country, and because of it, we responded accordingly, I really believe that the we as a country could stand behind our government.
Conversely if we found that we allowed terrorism to happen because we were calling a country's bluff, then we as a country may not be so ready to retaliate.

I guess in my mind it all comes down to having enough facts to make an informed decision. The media does a great job of telling us who is evil. Most people will follow what they are told. If we are to passively agree with what we are fed, then I guess we should never protest what happens next.

new topics

top topics

join