It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do as i say and not as i do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Once again the great british judicial system acts wrongly...

a police officer gets clocked doing in excess of 150mph in an unmarked car in the early hours of the morning; whilst off duty, getting away scott free.

news.sky.com...

For those of you that dont know the uk, speeders are treated like scum, the fines and penaltys are way over the top (Imo) and the amount of speed cameras is rediculous.

The cops defence argued that he had just finished an advanced driving course and was 'honing' his skills...what a load of clap trap.

I am an exceptionally experienced fast driver, i can turn a car 360 degrees at high speed and send it straight back in the original direction with limited fuss, powerslide my cobra at high speed with virtually perfect control and make fast pace when blasting through traffic, even when faced with debris and wreckage to cut through, i would bet a months wage that i would whoop this copper on any road and be far more likley to regain control in a dangerous situation. difference is i do that on a race track, although i have given demonstrations on deserted roads.

If i got caught doing over 100 mph in the UK i would be banned instantly, no excuses.

good thing about living in portugal is the lack of police and cameras, meaning the Audi regularly gets to see 150 mph, however if i got caught i wouldnt even argue..guilty is guilty.

This sort of crap happens all the time with coppers in the uK and its disgusting, one rule for them and one for us.

Bah....

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What? And you think that very same thing doesn't happen here in the states? To police officers the road laws are mere suggestions.

join