It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cease-fire over?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Can't you people see the bigger picture here? Everybody wants to dismiss the August 22nd date as irrelevant or stupid or based on nothing. Just another conspiracy theory right? Please, give me a break. These so called "conspiracy theories" always have at least some truth to them. The only conspiracy theories here is what the government tells us. JFK, 9/11. Yeah, these are just "conspiracy theories" right? Sure, look at the facts.

The second you dismiss this August 22nd date it's going to come back and bite you in the ass. Look at the facts. Have you noticed an increase in airport, airplane, and military base bomb scares lately? Do you think it's just coincidence? I don't think so. Clearly this cease fire won't work. Israel is trying to provoke Hezbollah to responding. It's the overall goal of the Bush administration to be dragged into war with Iran. Something has to happen though before it is dragged into war. So here we are, two days from August 22nd. Cease fire on the verge of collapsing. Israel is going to do something else, or Hezbollah is going to respond by itself. Something will happen. Then what? All out war again. Then what? Iran or Syria come to the aid of Hezbollah finally right as this August 22nd date comes on? Maybe Israel "accidently" fires missiles into Syria to provoke them? Maybe they go on the offensive and hit Syria and Iran not on "accident"?

All of it is to drag the United States into a war which is what our government wants. It's all to use nuclear weapons on Iran. It's all to take control of oil. It's all to keep this "New Middle East" plan in motion. It's all to flex our muscles. Quit being so ignorant and look at the facts. All of this is happening in the dates leading up to this significant day in the Islamic religion. All of these events have ties or have at least been rumored to associated with people faithful to this religion. It's not all coincidences people. Open your eyes.

This cease fire will never hold. And you know what..thank god. Maybe i'm an evil bastard for saying that but you know what..nobody else is going to take care of these people. Everybody wants to talk about peace this U.N. resolution that. Horse #! None of that will ever happen. Not as long as you have countries like Iran and North Korea around. Somebody has to do the dirty work to take these assholes out of power. If we don't, countries like Japan and Israel get attacked. Why sit back and WAIT for it to happen? Nobody else is going to be the world police so we clearly have to. I don't agree with China and Russia's policy of just sitting back. Yeah it's all good for them..their allies with Iran and North Korea. Nothing will happen to them. If their not going to do anything and they cant see it from the view point of us Japan and Israel and see it as a threat then they need to sit down and shut the # up. I totally agree with this. I agree with world domination. I agree with killing all these bastards. I hate Bush to hell and back but you know what, i'm with him on this despite his greedy intentions. Take them out. Flame me for wanting death and destruction in these countries but I just don't give a #. You wont change my opinion. Thats all

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The Aug 22 date is more for Iran to do something. Not for Israel to start hitting Syria or Iran. Im pretty sure Tuesday will come and go just like any other day and all we're going to see or hear is just more retoric from the Iranian leadership. The dude knows how to do ntohing except talk crap. Their little war game exercise going on right now is just suppose to make them look serious, but its all propaganda.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
By the way, where are the French troops? They promised the US that if a deal were borkered they would commit 2,000-3,000 troops as part of a UN force. Now they are saying 200???? Whats is this? If this cease-fire falls apart, a lot of the repsonsibility for it will fall on French shoulders.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well between Israel & Hezbollah, being a peacekeeper in Lebanon is a dangerous business. There's always the US Marines & French troops in 1982 to think about, and Israel has killed a few French blue hats as well, even before the current flareup.

I think also they're just playing it safe, I suspect the French have their doubts the Israelis intend to honor the cease-fire for very long, and Hezbollah is a wildcard too.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dstarsfan879905
The second you dismiss this August 22nd date it's going to come back and bite you in the ass. Look at the facts. Have you noticed an increase in airport, airplane, and military base bomb scares lately? Do you think it's just coincidence? I don't think so. Clearly this cease fire won't work.
Agreed, it won’t work unless both factions stand down, and neither have, they stopped shooting, but didn’t stop on the rhetoric… Israel clearly had no easy time while fighting Hezbollah, and probable agreed a cease-fire to regroup and make a new strategy, since it’s currently strategy is not working.

Hezbollah had a good strategy all the time, and managed both to stay alive, and inflict cassualties…my safest bet is they’ve been using this time to rearm and recruting…

Israel is trying to provoke Hezbollah to responding. It's the overall goal of the Bush administration to be dragged into war with Iran.

I’d agree, though I doubt it’s in the best interest of the US to be dragged yet into another pair of middle eastern countries…Iran will be much tougher to chew than Iraq…Bush may want that, yet I doubt he’ll be allowed to do so…

Something has to happen though before it is dragged into war.
Maybe a “terrorist” attack backed by Iran? Maybe that would frighten the US people enough to allow yet another war…Bush’s support has gone down considerably, he might want to grab Iran, yet I doubt he’ll find enough support for that…

Iran or Syria come to the aid of Hezbollah finally right as this August 22nd date comes on?
I’d say no, unless they had any guarantee that the US wouldn’t be involved…which they don’t have. Bush would be glad to be given finally a real reason to invade and “liberate” another pair of countries. Safest bet for those “evil” countries is to play safe and avoid messing with Mr Policeman, rather than being wiped.

Maybe Israel "accidently" fires missiles into Syria to provoke them? Maybe they go on the offensive and hit Syria and Iran not on "accident"?

Iran and Syria have meaner equipment than Hezbollah, and would inflict many more cassualties than Hezbollah has. Iran has lots of modern ATGMs and SAMs, Israel would not attack those countries unless they striked first, or had absolute US nearby support…which it doesn’t have either.

All of it is to drag the United States into a war which is what our government wants. It's all to use nuclear weapons on Iran.

I doubt the World, or even the US citizens would forgive the government for nuking another country, that’d be catastophic, to say the least.

It's all to take control of oil. It's all to keep this "New Middle East" plan in motion. It's all to flex our muscles.
Well, controlling entirely Iraq’s oil resources hasn’t really lowered the oil prices, which is what the US needs .

This cease fire will never hold. And you know what..thank god.
? Ok, let’s not get extremist..

Maybe i'm an evil bastard for saying that but you know what..nobody else is going to take care of these people.
Well, that doesn’t really come across like evil, to be honest…just a tad…ignorant? “Take Care”
Maybe the US should start to “take care” of its own business.

Not as long as you have countries like Iran and North Korea around.
Oh tha evil axis! Those meanies that won’t do what the US do, now that’s evil…

Somebody has to do the dirty work to take these assholes out of power.
Yay! Go Mr Police! Hmm…maybe there is a reason why people hate the US…meant as in the US part of population that endorse being Mr World Police co., NOT everyone.

If we don't, countries like Japan and Israel get attacked.
Well Japan can handle North Korea pretty well without the US, and Israel’s fanatic position, against the Syrians and Iranians fanatic position means they attack and get attacked for a reason…no good or evil, simply a pair of fanatic views in clash…

Why sit back and WAIT for it to happen?
None of YOUR business?

Nobody else is going to be the world police so we clearly have to.
Maybe everybody else is right? Could that be posible? Maybe if the US actually backed the UN the World would police the World…not the US, who has no right to do so.

I don't agree with China and Russia's policy of just sitting back. Yeah it's all good for them..their allies with Iran and North Korea.

Oh…tha evil axis get’s bigga! Someone call the US!

Nothing will happen to them.
War doesn’t benefit them, and Iran is a very important oil exporter to both of them…maybe there’s a reason they don’t want war…besides the fact it’s stupid…

If their not going to do anything and they cant see it from the view point of us Japan and Israel and see it as a threat then they need to sit down and shut the # up.

So it’s your with me or against me? If that be so, it’d be “US view vs. World view”

I totally agree with this. I agree with world domination. I agree with killing all these bastards.

Well…the world’s glad to think differently to Mr Police, and since he can only police weak countries, he’ll run out of “Evil” countries pretty soon. Again, very happily to the rest of the world, if the US goes to war, it furthers sinks itself in debt, making it easier for it’s “enemies” to catch up.

I hate Bush to hell and back
Ok, that was all good…

but you know what, i'm with him on this despite his greedy intentions. Take them out.
Ok, I’m thinking your bipolar, with the ignorant side coming quite often…

Flame me for wanting death and destruction in these countries but I just don't give a #.
Trooolll, run!

You wont change my opinion. Thats all
Ok, that was a really intelligent closing…I’ve got my troll-hunter suit, so watch it, boy

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Edit: Insulting, offensive post.

Any more of this and there will be warns.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
im here to express my opinion..thats what this website is for. if you cant handle it then thats your problem not mine. im not here to impress anybody with big words or avoiding sounding "ignorant". i could care less what you think so comment away. say what you must about me but this is an opinionated message board and i have every right to express my opinion no matter what it may be

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The French should have never promised those troops then if they are just gonna back out. All they did was say whatever they had to to get a cease-fire and now that we have one they arent sticking to their end of the bargain. They knew how dangerous Lebanon was before they promised the troops so its no excuse now.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

im here to express my opinion..thats what this website is for. if you cant handle it then thats your problem not mine.
I can't handle? Oh have no worry, I can deal with ignorant facts quite easily, but thanks for your concern.

im not here to impress anybody with big words or avoiding sounding "ignorant".
If what you told so was true, you'd have no interest in someone reading your opinion, therefore you wouldn't even post it. You contradict yourself...

i could care less what you think so comment away.
I just can't keep from not allowing misinformation and warmongering just fly by...sorry, but that's a nono.

say what you must about me but this is an opinionated message board and i have every right to express my opinion no matter what it may be
Well, sure you can express your opinion, but you'll remember that there is T&C, and to those you must abide, the freedom of speech is Moderated by the Mods . Bottomline is, you don't get to say misinformation and offensive things to members, so you don't really get "whatever" you say, so it's kinda tricky about you having "every right"...

Apparently someone played harsh, since you got an edit for an insulting post. Lastly, if you have really no interest in someone debating your opinion (which is what you face in a forum ) Maybe you should post your deep insight in a blog, so you, and you alone can read it and debate it, how about that?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The French should have never promised those troops then if they are just gonna back out. All they did was say whatever they had to to get a cease-fire and now that we have one they arent sticking to their end of the bargain. They knew how dangerous Lebanon was before they promised the troops so its no excuse now.

I agree with you, it would have been better to send US and UK soldiers to the area. Those that used to block every attempt to create cease-fire weeks ago. But instead of sending troops, Mr Blair and Mr Bush prefer to aid Lebanon in financial terms.

Besides, why should France keep its word while Israel should be allowed to violate the resolution?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Well...Israel kinda violated the resolution, besides the fact it has repeatedly attacked UN positions by "accident". I doubt you'd like to send your boys, if you knew Israel would break the pact at any given time and it could "accidentally" kill your troops?

Originally posted by Mdv2
I agree with you, it would have been better to send US and UK soldiers to the area. Those that used to block every attempt to create cease-fire weeks ago. But instead of sending troops, Mr Blair and Mr Bush prefer to aid Lebanon in financial terms.
Well, it's not like they can afford to be knee deep in yet another middle east country.

Besides, let's imagine the situation that Hezbollah strikes the US, and manages to do some damage? How would US PR fare after that? "Puny little organization manages victory against the US" Adding cassualties in Iraq and Lebanon would not make the US public happy either.

Besides, why should France keep its word while Israel should be allowed to violate the resolution?
Totally agree...I saw this coming though...Israel taking advantage of cease-fire to try to kill important targets...failing though

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Doesnt matter...like i said, France had all this knowledge and were very well aware of the possible dangers BEFORE they committed to sending several thousand troops. Its typical French...all lip service. They knew there were cluases in the cease-fire agreement that would allow Israel to respond to any Hezbo threat and they still agreed to it. Bottom line is they are backing out.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ioseb_Jugashvili

im here to express my opinion..thats what this website is for. if you cant handle it then thats your problem not mine.
I can't handle? Oh have no worry, I can deal with ignorant facts quite easily, but thanks for your concern.

im not here to impress anybody with big words or avoiding sounding "ignorant".
If what you told so was true, you'd have no interest in someone reading your opinion, therefore you wouldn't even post it. You contradict yourself...

i could care less what you think so comment away.
I just can't keep from not allowing misinformation and warmongering just fly by...sorry, but that's a nono.

say what you must about me but this is an opinionated message board and i have every right to express my opinion no matter what it may be
Well, sure you can express your opinion, but you'll remember that there is T&C, and to those you must abide, the freedom of speech is Moderated by the Mods . Bottomline is, you don't get to say misinformation and offensive things to members, so you don't really get "whatever" you say, so it's kinda tricky about you having "every right"...

Apparently someone played harsh, since you got an edit for an insulting post. Lastly, if you have really no interest in someone debating your opinion (which is what you face in a forum ) Maybe you should post your deep insight in a blog, so you, and you alone can read it and debate it, how about that?

Well since most of my post was basically predictions or events that "could" happen, there was no misinformation. misinformation would be facts turned into lies. therefore, what i said was my opinion.

Also..i do have every right to post what i want. it's then up to you and the moderators to deal with what i say accordingly. it's a message board. the terms of agreement dont scare me. i dont see why they scare you. i will say what i want and then it can be edited by who ever chooses to do so.

lastly, debate my opinion all you want. thats why i post it. i dont really care if you debate it because like me, you're entitled to your opinion too..but also..im entitled to a response. so however you take my response is up to you. we can go back and forth but you're not proving anything. i stated my opinion, you responded which you have the right to do, then i responded. that is called a debate. we dont say one thing then its over. if you dont like how a normal debate is run then too bad, get used to it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join