It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the fooking hell is wrong with people??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

I honestley can not freaking understand the idiots in charge of the psycho in this story???

He slashes 15 womens throats, gets 10 life sentances, then gets released for a couple of hours shopping unsupervised???

stop the freaking world i am off to join the circus!!

I am so dammed angry i could slot him and the muppets that decided these actions were ok??

Damn you tossers, damn you all to hell.

But he has recently been allowed into Stafford town centre for several hours unsupervised. His carers have said the trips are part of his rehabilitation.

let me be part of his rehabilitation..please...just let me.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by optimus fett]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Rehabilitation? Why does he need to be rehabilitated? He's going to spend the rest of his life in prison, unless he manages to buy himself 10 more lifetimes in the shopping center...

Or am I not understanding?

Violent criminals of this sort, and of course rapists, should be removed from society and never let back in. Whether you throw them in jail, or throw them in the ocean, I don't care. I just won't respect any society that doesn't care enough about it citizens to protect them from those who cannot control their impulses.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Rehabilitation? Why does he need to be rehabilitated?

Because he is not criminal in the accepted sense, hence the phrase "a psychiatric patient" rather than " a psycopathic criminal"

Of course, if you would rather that he spends every day of the rest of his life in a cell at your expense rather than have a chance, (however small), of a life...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
First off, very well said Wyrde.

I still wish we could give mods applause.. *sigh*

I think that if he was allowed to go on his own unsupervised shopping spree,A he should have only been allowed to go into buying women's clothing, since he obviously has such disdain for the ladies. Also, where in the world did he get the money to go shopping for clothing? Is he also on work release? It seems that he should see Goodwill as a pricey destination for the upper class judging by his actions.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Violent criminals of this sort, and of course rapists, should be removed from society and never let back in. Whether you throw them in jail, or throw them in the ocean, I don't care. I just won't respect any society that doesn't care enough about it citizens to protect them from those who cannot control their impulses.

freaking damn right, these people are not worthy of life, sorry but what for?

ok,ok,ok..hes mentally ill.....fair enough...what a terrible shame...but hes not mentally ill enough to do a spot of shopping?

Of course, if you would rather that he spends every day of the rest of his life in a cell at your expense rather than have a chance, (however small), of a life...

a chance at life?..what????!!! after nearly taking 15?? WTF are you on?

would you be saying that if it had been your mother, wife, daughter?? course you wouldnt...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This story is an insult to society.

Disgusting and disturbing.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Im for the death sentence and castration for child molesters but with the number of false arrests that occur im hesitant to pronounce such extreme jugdements without being 100% sure they are guilty of the crime.. Ok that being said they should use this guy and others like him to sweep mine fields..

"Ok I want you to walk this feild in a zig zap pattern until we tell you to stop or you blow up, which ever comes first"

BTW niteboy82 your avatar is going to haunt me the rest of my days!!

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Barbed wire, a hessian sack, and a tank with some pirahnas in.

Wrap him in the wire, sack his head, and chuck him in.

If he struggles, he bleeds, and is ripped to shreds by the fish.

If he doesn't, he drowns a slow death sure in the knowledge he deserved his fate.

Kill them all, let God rehabilitate them. Sane enough for shopping ??? Sane enough for punishing.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think AlteredStates brings up a very good point, which can't be overlooked.

Extreme punishments are only advisable in systems with very tight controls to prevent false arrests, lying witnesses, planted evidence, and so on.

The last thing I want is for child molesters to go free. But a close second is my desire to prevent a return to the burning times, where a pointed finger was proceeded always by a lit pyre. We can't allow our desire for justice to boil over and become twisted like that, not only is it terrible and ugly, it's also ineffective. All it really does is fuel the bloodlust. I'm reminded of a certain translation of Dante, by Seamus..Heaney I think it's spelled, in the very first Canto -

And she is so consumed by visciousness
that nothing fills her, and so insatiable
that feeding only makes her ravenous.

Of course neither Dante nor the translator are talking about lady justice, but it does seem to fit, doesn't it? If the justice system can't deliver its namesake, all the harsh punishments in the world won't make people safe. It will just create more victims.

So, yeah, excellent point there AlteredStates.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Just WTF that, is this ****ing mad or what, how does this happen, i think some of the people letting these people out need locking up themselves or their brains looked at. It should be up to the PUBLIC to choose if this **** gets let out in my opinion and others too.

USA still has Death Sentance so how many innocents have they found? the world would be a much better place without these people.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by blobby]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If you don't like it, why don't you do something about it. Get involved in politics and change the laws.
It is truly a disgusting story, of course, I'm sure that that type of crap goes on over here in the U.S. all the time. Time off for good behavior, don't need it. If you get 5 years, do 5 years. If you cause problems, give them more time.
In the case of this whack job, the families of those injured should be filing lawsuits one after the other, also sue the jerks who thought this was OK.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
We are too easy on murderers, rapists and child-molestors, they should all be killed.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
news.bbc.co.uk...

I honestley can not freaking understand the idiots in charge of the psycho in this story???

He slashes 15 womens throats, gets 10 life sentances, then gets released for a couple of hours shopping unsupervised???

From the main article:

In a statement, a spokesman for the health trust said it was "very aware" of the safety of its patients, staff and the wider community.

"However, we also have a duty to help our patients recover and resume as normal a life as their illness will allow.

The inmates are truly running the asylum in this instance.:shk:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You wonder where guys like this come from, or where they get off then it occured to me that I was just watching some special on Ancient Rome and heard a quote that kind of creeped me out talking about how this guy said when he left the games he said he was filled with a kind of a violent lust and inexplicable anger from watching the violent spectacles, 2000 years ago.
It made me think for a moment about all the violence on television and in the movies, on the news, in our culture and even cartoons. To add insult of a kind to injury, I actually felt kind of guilty telling my kids to cut off the television the other day because the crap they were watching. Why were the kids enjoying watching somebody getting mangled up in the first place, and why did I feel guilty telling them to cut it off and go out to play? They gave me a look as though I had taken their 'fix' from them and went outside to play swords and pretend to mangle one another. The whole subtle incident bothered the hell out of me and it begs the question, What the hell kind of society are we creating here?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I have a good deal of sympathy for those with mental illnesses, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere when it comes to public safety. He was after all given ten life sentences.

It only took him ten minutes to carry out his last rampage. Personally, I wouldn't let him out my sight for even that long.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I just want to add something that I think no one said.

It has been under treatment for 10 years, it didn't happened yesterday.

new topics

top topics

join