It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

falling gas prices and terrorist attacks??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
gas prices are as cheap as they've been since i can remember in my area ($2.69). with all the hype of a near future terror attack, could these falling prices have anything to do with it? like the calm before the storm type deal?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i dont know what your talking about, i live i nNorth Texas and gas is still around 2.95 unleaded. it got up to just about 3.00 but really hasnt gone back too much here. Im about to go build me a freaking solar powered car made from carbon fibre if this keeps up.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I don't believe the fluxuation in gas prices coincides with terrorist attacks. But if it turns out to be true, well, im going to sell my car. IMO I see gasoline as a very critical energy source, and I fear cars becoming obsolete. The freeway infrastructure, ehhh. Other than that, gas in San Diego where i live is a little lower...like $3.15 regular unleaded.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
That Hydrogen program might be ready to take off, you never know.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
in virginia beach, last week regular was $2.96...as it has been forever it feels. for it to drop over a quarter in a week sparks suspicion

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Yeah, we were around $2.60 here in Virginia this yesterday morning. I welcome the falling prices, but what does it mean? Oh, I miss $1 gasoline.

Troy

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Air traffic being shutdown lowers fuel demand temporarily.

Oil prices rebound as fears ease
The Australian, Australia - Aug 10, 2006

"The market dropped quite a bit yesterday, reacting in a big way to this foiled terrorist attempt due to fear it would impact consumer confidence in travel and jet fuel demand," Victor Shum, a Singapore-based analyst with energy consultancy Purvin and Gertz, said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Same thing happened when 9/11 occured.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcdefxyz2000
i dont know what your talking about, i live i nNorth Texas and gas is still around 2.95 unleaded. it got up to just about 3.00 but really hasnt gone back too much here. Im about to go build me a freaking solar powered car made from carbon fibre if this keeps up.

I am only paying about $2.56 or $2.60 ish

Why would it be more expensive when you are closer to the refinery

top topics

join