It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When My Red Line Fills Up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Having been here a couple years now, perhaps I have missed something, but what happens when my little red line fills up? Is that when I will taken up? Do I win a new car? I've seen a couple threads here about somebody had theirs broken? Does it hurt? How did they get theirs broken? Why am I so fat?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You will most certainly EXPLODE!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I believe the bar reaches it's full length at 4,000 posts.

As for the coloring of it, it gets redder and redder with more applauds from staff, until a certain point where it gets so red that it blows up and disappears entirely.

I know Val, BH, and I think Vagabond have had this lil "problem"...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Okay, twitchy, they may have this customized for each member that this happens to, but when mine went black (i.e. broke) I had to have a 2 week round of antibiotic.

may the force be with you...or at least Levaquin.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I had to get painful shots in my stomach...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
*loam places both hands on each side of his head, praying the shots are available before the inevitable moment*

I don't want to explode.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Mine went black and immediately I knew that I was now part of the illuminati, and can now rule the world in secret, and get cool decoder rings and guides to secret handshakes. And walkie talkies too.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
*loam likes walkie talkies*

But I want to know about the shots....WHAT ABOUT THE SHOTS!!! Is there an adequate supply???

Have any left-overs Skadi? Must......have.....shots....

EDIT: BTW, any way to identify how much time I have left????? There's so much I still want to do...

[edit on 16-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Terminal Condition

When the bar makes it all the way to the right, you will be kidnapped by Men In Black and replaced with an exact replica.

(With apologies to Stephen Wright)

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
As has been said- it breaks. It goes black. The Black Bar Of Doom. It happens after the red bar with a file name of 10M (right click your bar and click save as to see how far you are. Loam is at 10m- so Loam is within 10 applause of breaking it.

I'm pretty sure that it's 10 applause for each shade. In theory they could fix it by adding a few more colors, but I doubt they will.

Usually when you break the bar, they change ATS in a way that reflects your style. They instituted character limits because of the way Majic and I post not long after we broke our bars.

They also replace you with a NWO clone and give your clone some responsibility on ATS. In Val's case it was CM. In Majic's it was mod. In my case it was FSME. They then ship your original self to a secret underground base where the afforementioned shots are administered, along with your basic county-jail style delousing.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
As has been said- it breaks. It goes black. The Black Bar Of Doom. It happens after the red bar with a file name of 10M (right click your bar and click save as to see how far you are. Loam is at 10m- so Loam is within 10 applause of breaking it.

I don't want *it* to shrivel up and fall off!!!!!!

*loam checks himself in a panic*

From here on out, my posts are gonna suck more than they already do!!!

I'm keeping my thingy!!!!

Originally posted by The Vagabond
In theory they could fix it by adding a few more colors, but I doubt they will.

Various shades of green would work...

[edit on 20-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Your bar is about to break?

We can't let that happen!! I'll u2u the rest of the staff to make sure that no one applaud you!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
*Begins Black Market production of these "shots" ahead of time*

Loam, I would keep you supplied, but I want to see that bar break for you too badly to cause any prevention from that happening!

Everyone else, the production has began, there will be shots ready, and I am appointing a certain member of the US Presidential Administration to oversee these shots. You can only guess who that is.. no it isn't the one in my avatar.

hint: think tamiflu!

Edit -

[edit on 8/20/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am confused about these bars as well.. I was going to post on here until I saw it here..

Mine is at 0m when saved.. but what does that mean?

What is the bar for?

Does warning effeect the bar?

Does applauds?

Does the point system relate to the bars?

What can you do to get applauded? I have been applauded twice, but warned twice also, is that like an equalizer or something?

Sorry for being such a Noob here with the bars.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I thought it meant it was PB&J time?!?!

and when it's open bar, thats when the party starts!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I personally can't wait until I break the sound barrier myself by achieving 1000 points.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I am confused about these bars as well.. I was going to post on here until I saw it here..

Mine is at 0m when saved.. but what does that mean?

It means your still on the first level basically, every 10 Applauses will move you up. After 10m it turns black and falls off, every stage before that will turn it a brighter shade of red.

All Mod's have a bright yellow bar.

What is the bar for?

It measures how many posts you have. The more posts you rack up, the longer it becomes. After 4000 posts the bar is filled. The more Applauses you recieve, the redder it becomes. Long bars signal alot of posts, red bars signal a great poster.

Does warning effeect the bar?

No, warnings will deduct points and sometimes mark a Warning sign in your member area. You want to avoid the Warnings, but no they will not affect the redness or length of your bar.

Does applauds?

Yes, see above.

Does the point system relate to the bars?

No, see above.

What can you do to get applauded? I have been applauded twice, but warned twice also, is that like an equalizer or something?

Nope. Being Applauded shows your doing something right, so keep up the good work. Being warned shows that you have done something wrong, each situation should have been explained to you via a u2u from the staff member who pointed out what you had done.

Sorry for being such a Noob here with the bars.

No apology required. We were all new to the site at one time or another and asked these same questions.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Everyone else, the production has began, there will be shots ready, and I am appointing a certain member of the US Presidential Administration to oversee these shots.

Ahhhh, Rummy.

Can I get an extra helping of nanobots in my shot niteboy?

[edit on 8/21/06 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I was minding my own business when suddenly I noticed that my thingy has finally shriveled up and fallen off!

Curses to the ATS health care system! Where were my shots????

Now I have to walk around with this embarrassing condition...

Can anything be done??? Something I might apply directly to the...

apply directly to the...
apply directly to the...
apply directly to the...

*loam considers Tijuana for it's nonprescription drugs*

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Woot! Yay!

Awesome and congratulations Loam! Very good, and you definitely deserve it!

Maybe the ATSers can chip in, and buy you a bus ticket to Tijuana, but I'm afraid that the damage is probably irreversible.

I'm happy for you, I've been waiting to see it happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join