It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does a Terrorist do before planning to bomb airplanes? Buys cakes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The characters and behavior of the few known liquid bomb suspects are completely inconsistent with any notion that they were preparing to kill themselves in acts of mass terror - mirroring the pre-attack demeanor of the 7/7 patsies.

A CCTV image (top) shows one of the suspects, Tayib Rauf, entering a bulk order supermarket in Birmingham just two hours before anti-terror police swooped in to grab him for his alleged role in a plot to bomb ten transatlantic airliners. What were the tools of terror Rauf was acquiring before his kamikaze death mission? Knives? Peroxide to make the deadly liquid bomb? Cameras to detonate the bombs?

No - he was buying cakes. CAKES.

"Does this look like the kind of person planning such a plot? He doesn't look like he's about to blow himself up," the owner of the store told the London Mirror.

SOURCE

Or are they just so smart that they figured if they bought a cake that would throw the scent off?

This is....I cant explain it. I know the Spanish word that would sum it up, but the English word escapes me.

JbT

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Maybe this is all part of the plan to stay looking normal.

I would assume that these terrorists are afraid of intel. groups watching them so what better way to keep looking normal then to buy a cake and go about your daily busness.

You wouldnt want to have your actions change suddenly if you we being watched, going into hidding a for a week before your bombing would look a lot more suspicious than say, acting normal and buying a cake.

Just a tought.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by JbT]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Perhaps he planned on smuggleing or hideing the explosive and masking it;s scent or chemical make up within those cakes...

That or he was very hungary and so were his tape worms.
Ok, on a more serious note, is the name known, the actual "terrorist" name or a stolen id?

Of course they could be "smart" as you say, peroxide has been used as a propellent in torpedos. Maybe he had a design for super secret underwater cakepedos...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Of course they could be "smart" as you say, peroxide has been used as a propellent in torpedos. Maybe he had a design for super secret underwater cakepedos...

Darn those "terrorists" with their evil peroxide twinkiepedos!

*shakes angry fist*

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Good job Dg on finding this! It only goes to further prove that these poor people are victims of a government forming a fake terror plot and arresting innocent people!! How many people are there on the American Terror Watch List??? Thousands! These people where simply selected and have no chance because the media announced them quilty before given a chance to defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I just looked at the tag for this thread. It says "terrorists love cake". That gave me a good laugh.

But its not a laughing matter if these poor dudes are found to be innocent.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

None of the alleged terrorists had made a bomb. None had bought a plane ticket. Many did not even have passports, which given the efficiency of the UK Passport Agency would mean they couldn't be a plane bomber for quite some time.

In the absence of bombs and airline tickets, and in many cases passports, it could be pretty difficult to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt that individuals intended to go through with suicide bombings, whatever rash stuff they may have bragged in internet chat rooms.

What is more, many of those arrested had been under surveillance for over a year - like thousands of other British Muslims. And not just Muslims. Like me. Nothing from that surveillance had indicated the need for early arrests.

www.rense.com...

What a bummer. No birthday party. Sad.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I read a Pakistani article last night saying the terrorists were considered by authorities to be 'untrained amatuers' as well. These were supposedly Al-Qaida operatives? Somehow the words amatures and liquid explosives, 'untrained amatuers' and Al-Qaida just don't jive to me. Anytime you see them blaming something on Al-Qaida, look into it folks (see my signature).

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Why do terrorists buy cakes or buy an apple?

Well because they are people, and they eat.

Just becuase you buy a cake does not make you a non-terrorist.....well unless it is angel food cake.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Don't they fast before blowing themselves up? That way it won't take two bombs to blow themselves up from being so fat?

Doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure why people think the terror suspects grabbed were grabbed shortly before they were due to blow themselves up. Weren’t they a couple of days away from that at least? Plenty of time to buy cakes.

Now if you’re looking for a conspiracy look here…
news.independent.co.uk...
www.findarticles.com...
www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.infowars.net...

I find it odd that anyone remotely dedicated to God let alone Muslim fanaticism would go to the symbol of western corporate capitalism that is Mc Donald’s. From what I’ve heard there is a lot of evidence to suggest at least some of the 7/7 suicide bombers had bombs planted on them. Things like the way the trains were damaged in the tube also raise different questions (some people they were on the tack).

But as for cakes it means nothing ether way (even if they are innocent). Given the way the police lied to the public over that Brazilian man. They said: He was wearing bulky clothing, jumped a ticket barrier, resisted arrest, had been under surveillance for months; wow I wouldn’t be surprised if the same could be true all over again. Especially if the White House really is involved in coordinating intelligence. Yeah right more like public scare tactics to stop the public thinking us selling weapons to Israel for them to use in Lebanon.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Good post Liberal1984. From the very beginning, the authorities said only a dry run was close, according to their intelligence sources. The actual attack was planned to be at least a week later, and probably more. So sure, the suspects enjoyed things while they could.

top topics

join