It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two U.S. Border Agents Face 20 Year Prison Terms For Pursuing Illegal Alien!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Also made a post about this in ATSNN, but thought it would be nice to have some open discussion about this as well.

Two border patrol agents are being sued by an illegal alien who tried sneaking over 700 pounds of marijuana in his van. The illegal alien shot at one of the agents, and the other agent fired back, hitting the suspect. The illegal alien is suing for 5 million dollars because he is hurt . The agents also face up to 20 YEARS in jail.

www.grassfire.org...

Persecuted because they were doing their jobs.… That’s precisely what has happened to two U.S. Border agents who are each facing 20 year prison terms for pursuing an illegal alien who had crossed our border and physically assaulted one of the agents.

This outrageous injustice took place near El Paso, Texas—a hotbed of illegal activity, where drug smugglers, and violent gang members illegally crossing from Mexico are often encountered. On February 17, 2005, U.S. Border Ignacio Ramos (a former nominee for border patrol agent of the Year), and Jose Compean attempted to apprehend a fleeing illegal alien at our border.

Today, both are facing 20 year prison terms, and even more outrageous, this same illegal alien is now suing the U.S. for $5 million claiming his civil rights were violated.

This is insane. How are we supposed to secure our borders with idiotic BS law suits like this? The border patrol agents aren't allowed to pursue someone who is trying to sneak in 700 POUNDS of marijuana?

This goes much deeper than just the law suit against these guys. It goes much deeper than the issue of Mexicans coming in and doing the jobs US citizens won't do. Deeper than the illegals not paying taxes. Any terrorist from the Middle East could just fly into Mexico, and walk right across the border. They even recently caught an afghan man doing this recently. He was coming over for work right? Looking to better his life?

I'm sure the terrorists, al qaeda, and whoever else wants to harm us are all over this and fully aware how easy it is to enter into the US via the mexican border.

Its time politicians stop debating this issue and actually do something. If these agents get sent to jail it will be just the start of more ridiculous lawsuits.

Also, sign this petition. It will be sent to George Bush.

www.grassfire.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That is such bull#. I'm sorry to say it, but it's too bad that they only wounded this smuggler at this point.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

TJ Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, the union representing border agents, said the Border Patrol's official pursuit policy handcuffs agents in the field. He also sees the prosecution of Ramos and Compean as part of a larger effort by the federal government.

"The pursuit policy has negatively affected the Border Patrol's mission as well as public safety. Part of that mission is to stop terrorists and drug smugglers," Bonner said. "They could be smuggling Osama bin Laden, drugs, illegal aliens, or it could have been just some drunk teenager out on a joyride. You don't know until you stop them."

"The administration is trying to intimidate front-line agents from doing their job," he added. "If they can't do it administratively, they'll do it with trumped-up criminal charges.
Link

Great find. Thank you for posting this.

I think the above quote speaks to what I think is the most damning evidence against the Bush administration and ALL OF CONGRESS in regards too the war on terror and drugs. It would seem at every turn they are either taking actions that aid terrorist and drug smugglers or intentionally ignoring loopholes that aid them. I can not lay the blame at the feet of Bush even though he is equally guilty in this. This problem seems to be equally ignored or aided by both parties and has gone on through administrations from both parties. These officers are clearly victims of a much larger issue.

I see that more than 63,000 people have participated in this petition. I’d bet that Mr. Bush will never see any of these or even be told about them by his flunkies. It will probably have no impact on the decision but I’m glad to see this many people speaking out. Until millions of registered voters start speaking out by refusing to vote for incumbents nothing will ever change. In fact I’m starting to believe that most people could care less. Everyone is quick to complain but they never do anything about it. Because of this apathy the bad guys, in this case the Justice Dept., will never be called to task for participating in these atrocities and they know it. They have nothing to fear from the average American voter. In fact they can count on us to be so busy arguing amongst ourselves and between parties that they can act with impunity. It would make one wonder what horse these politicos’s actually have in this race. In what way does protecting drug dealers and illegal immigrants benefit them personally? Why do both the Democrats and Republicans want the border left wide open? Until someone finds the answers to those questions our border agents will continue to be political pawns in this battle.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
2 men who are doing their job are going to be sent to jail. THIS IS BS!!! It is time we go after the govt. Remove the wimps from power,, and give these 2 a hero's welcome.

If these two are sent to jail...then the American people need to rise up. Throw out the ass*oles in the govt, and take control.....

Last I read this is a Govt for the people, by the people It is time we show these idiots in Washington who is in charge. 70-80% of Americans want an end to ILLEGAL immigration. The House of Representatives has listened. The Senate has not. It is time the people show the Senate who is in charge. They represent us. They are failing to do their job. First choice is to vote them out of office. 2nd choice....

Follow the lead of the democrats who can't get anything done. SUE THEIR ASSES!!!! They are failing to uphold their office, they are FAILING to listen to the people! Toss these ASS*OLES out on their collective asses, and lets get back to some common sense.

Both PARTYS are not listening to the people. It is time to throw them out, OR....... Take matters into our own hands!!!! It is time for all Americans to stand up, throw politics aside and do what needs to be done....

Close off the borders....Do what ever it takes!!! Then control the flow of immigration. Either DEPORT or make it so bad that illegals leave. Theen control the flow coming in....

Until we do this, We are going to be taken over by ILLEGALS. ....

The answer is simple....

Put up a fence on the border. This is the only place there will be a Spanish/Mexican sign. The sign will say for the next 1.5 miles will be a mine field. After the 1.5 mileses will be a second fence with no signs. Between the second and third fence, filled with hungry wolves will be 1 mile. Cameras placed along the way will let the border patrol pick up anyone who makes it to the 3rd fence.

Is this EXTREME?!?! HELL YEAH! But it will cause ILLEGALS to think twice.

All ILLEGALS are nothing more than INVADERS. We need to treat them as such. For those who are already here?!?!? Send them back and bar them from applying for cotozenship for 10 years. If they are found here before that time,, THEY WILL BE EXECUTED AS INVADERS!!!

Mxico may be poor....BUT IT IS NOT THE U.S. ROLE TO MAKE THEM CITIZENS!....

Once they realize they can not cross the border...Then they will see that they have to take action in their own country.....

MY TAX DOLLARS AND YOUR ARE NOT FOR ILLEGALLS!!! We pay enough in taxes to take care of the useless in this country...No Need To Take Care Of Mexico!!!

IF Mexico wants the US to take all it's poor...Then Mexico should be willing to give us ALL IT'S OIL!! That is a fair trade.....

Until this type of agreement is reached, all Illegals should be treated as invaders and shot on site! If Mexico is unwilling to clean up it's act..... THen the US should go in, take over, and make sure all of it's oil comes to us!

People whine about going to war for oil......Guess what, except for being directly attacked...OIL is the next GREATEST NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT!!! Without OIL our economy will die. (Personally, I think we should shoot every whinning liberal and drill for our own oil. Well this may not be possible...then we should fight for what oil is available)

In this day and age of the 21st cebtury, drilling for oil should be as safe as it can be. It is time the US drills for EVERY drop of oil in its land....Use that oil only domestically, and force the MIDDLE EAST, SOUTH AMERICA, and MEXICO to drop their prices. Once we do not need their oil, the price of a barrel will drop. We will no longer be sending money to countries that support terorism. We will be self sufficent. And for all those eviromental weenies.....round them up and charge them with treason. Then execute their ass*s!!! When the major user of oil in the world, no longer needs the worlds oil...we will be able to dictate the price!!!

For those of you who say we do not have enough oil.......Well hear is a thought. When the foriegn prices are low......build up an exceptional supply for when we run out. And given that time, invest tons of money in finding an alternate source of energy.........

The only alternative is to demolish the middle east and take the oil for ourselves. While I believe the US could do this,, I would rather see us remove them from the picture, driving the price of oil down.....

That way America is not paying into terrorists hands!!

The only thing holding us back, are the enviromental weenies......Charge them with treason and get on with it!!!

For those conspiracy theorists out here......you can't tell me there isn't an engine that gaets more than 40mpg.......The oil companies and the Car companies have hid this over the years. The quick solution is...either they sre for us or against us!!!

It is time the GOVT steps in and says..."You're either with us, or against us" And help us become self sufficient! Those not willing to should be forced out if business.

Those willing to help,, should receive assisrance to maake it work!!!

Then once we are independent to foriegn energy sources,,, an can tell them to F. OFF. Will we be where we need to be!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
They cannot CHASE Illegals at the border??? thats insanity. Whats stopping the flood then? Nothing?

thats got to be the stupidest and scariest thing they could do at a border - harrass and hamper the federal border guards....

Bye bye america, haloa! Americanas.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The illegal who was bringing drugs over the border got immunity(hmmmm.... I wonder if his pot smuggling illegal butt actually told the truth....), and two border patrol agents are going to jail. This is the some big B.S. if you ask me.

Lou Dobs on CNN is covering this quite well. I think in the longer run the political pressure is going to get the border patrol agents off. But there lives are pretty screwed. People should write thier congress people to look into this.

But this will cause the whole border patrol not to seek out illegals as hard, and let more thru.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
IMO this is more proof to show that the U.S. government does not have the safety and best interest of the U.S. population at heart. It's either that, or the cartels might have bribed officials in the city of El Paso and jurors in that case (which they were saying on CNN today that could be a possibility).

North American Union, anyone??

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

"It is a violation of Border Patrol regulations to go after someone who is fleeing," she said. "The Border Patrol pursuit policy prohibits the pursuit of someone."

It also appears to fly in the face of the Border Patrol's own edicts, which include "detouring illegal entries through improved enforcement" and "apprehending and detouring smugglers of humans, drugs and other contraband."
www.dailybulletin.com...

I looked up the meaning of detour.

De·tour - To go or cause to go by a roundabout way.

Apparently the US border patrols offical policy is to stand in one spot with the intention of causing drug smugelers and illegal immigrants to go around them.

Vote fascist in '08

[edit on 17-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So you can stand still and shoot - but you can run after them ??, whats the point of arming border patrol officers if they cant do anything ? Might as well give them a whistle and tell them to blow it if they feel in danger (but not too close to the suspect as they might hurt their hearnig).

I could have understood if these two people had over reacted but they where shot at, what else would someone under the same circumstances do ?

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Anybody ever stop to wonder exactly WHY the borders are so open and unprotected? Why the Border Patrol agencies have their funding cut year by year by successive governments, from both main parties.

Maybe the open borders are all part of the grand plan for an American super state and, in the meantime, there's all that cheap labour arriving to do the jobs that American citizens will not do

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'd love to see what the RULES used to be

and what they got changed into [ and who changed them ]

, that would allow

INSANITY such as this , to go on .

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Even though you are only one voice, I hope everyone signed this petition!

I am still in disbelief

top topics

join