It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Year Old Boy Evades Security & Boards Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Despite the high level of alert and security at British airports, a 12 year old runaway boy managed to get past security screening and board a plane at Gatwick Airport. He boarded the plane without a passport, ticket or boarding pass.

www.cnn.com
A 12-year-old boy managed to board a plane at Gatwick without a passport, ticket or boarding pass.

"The boy had passed through a full security screening process and we are confident there was no threat to passengers, staff or the aircraft at any time," said Stewart McDonald, a spokesman for BAA, which operates Gatwick, Heathrow and five other major UK airports.

The boy had run away from a care home in northwest England and boarded a plane for Lisbon at 6 a.m. on Monday before the other passengers, the UK's Press Association reported.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, so you felt comfortable in flying these days with these types of security lapses?

I can see getting through security screenings, the luggage search etc. How on earth did he board the plane without a boarding pass?

Whats more worrying is that, I'll bet this isn't the only time it's happened and we're just not hearing about it.

Edit: Syntax.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by intrepid]

[edit on 16-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Maybe we should start profiling 12 year old boys as terrorists. Remember that the next time you go to a middle school. They're all terrorists, I know, I used to be one.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Maybe we should start profiling 12 year old boys as terrorists. Remember that the next time you go to a middle school. They're all terrorists, I know, I used to be one.

Rumor has it that Michael Jackson has just applied for a Security Screeners position at the airport.

"I promise that no 12 year old little boy will ever get by me - wee-hee-hee!" He allegedly said.

Seriously though, how could this possible happen? Especially with all of the heightened security - from what I understand security is at it's maximum level. What a black eye to the security system, not to mention what a morale boost to terrorists.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hmmm...sounds like Home Alone II all over again. Lol. Just run straight into the people and say that you dropped your ticket some where. I'm pretty sure you'll save a few bucks flying.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ok, for starters this is quite sad. Although on the otherhand he probably got through so easily since he's just a 12 year old. I realize that there's a first time for everything, but how many times have 12's highjacked an airplane?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Ok, for starters this is quite sad. Although on the otherhand he probably got through so easily since he's just a 12 year old. I realize that there's a first time for everything, but how many times have 12's highjacked an airplane?

For all we know, he could have been an Al Quieda(spelling??) terrorist, with a bomb strapped to his backend, ready and anxious to blow himself up for his 72 pre-pubescent virgins. Why SHOULDN'T he be fingered out, just like everyone else? This whole security thing is way out of control. They'll never stop a determined group the way they're doing things now. They'll need to take it a notch higher than that. Search everyone at the plane's door. That way, no one gets through, period.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Oh, cmon. Kids have a way of doing things those darn adults could never think of!

And he probably just slipped onto the aircraft before the ticket-checking attendant got there, as the "before the other passengers" line hints.

It honsestly would not be that hard to slip around distracted guards when you're 4 foot tall and used to doing it all the time anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
It honsestly would not be that hard to slip around distracted guards when you're 4 foot tall and used to doing it all the time anyway.

Spoken from experience perhaps???

In any case, they need to either do the job right, or don't do the crap at all. Why is it that when anyone says they're going to do something, they go to do it, and they do it like, well, crap? Just amazing to me how hard it seems for anyone to do ANYTHING without 4000 other people holding their hands to make sure they do it right.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
He should at least be made to give up his leggos.

I wonder if they'll prosecute?

new topics

top topics

join