It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese fisherman killed by russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A russion patrol boat has shot dead a Japanese fisherman...

A Japanese fisherman has been shot dead by a Russian patrol boat near a chain of disputed islands, the first fatality in 50 years, media reports said.

The dispute over who owns the islands mentioned is the reason why russia and japan refuse to sign a decleration that ww2 is over. I find this bizzare that a simple fisherman should be involved in a series of events that led to his death?

the 'itar-tass' news agency claims the japanese fishing boat performed dangerous manouveres and failed to stop when ordered, but i suppose when you believe the waters your sailing in are yours its understandable that you would fear being borded by what is still technically your enemy.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
because the Japanese wants all the islands back,but Russians don't agree.the incident is probably a mistake.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yeah, it probably was just a mistake. Russia has tried numerous times to draw some conclusions on this, but Japan wants it all. The most recent attempt (I believe) had Russia offering two of the islands to Japan just to get them to sit down for talks.

join