It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whole Solar System is Undergoing Global Warming.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Global Warming is defined as the increase of the average temperature on Earth. As the Earth is getting hotter, disasters like hurricanes, droughts and floods are getting more frequent. But it is not only about how much the Earth is warming, it is also about how fast it is warming. There have always been natural climate changes – Ice Ages and the warm intermediate times between them.
Some studies indicate that airborne pollutants, primarily from factories and automobiles, are responsible for almost a third of all contaminants and nutrients entering marine waters. An air pollutant is any substance in the air which causes damage to life, ecosystems or property. There are natural sources of air pollution which result from volcanoes and forest fires. However, most of the air pollution is now a direct result of human activities. The issue of air pollution and how it relates to our ocean is very complex. The process of pollutants being deposited into the ocean is known as atmospheric deposition.
Some serious type of marine pollution is nutrient pollution. Nutrient pollution causes many problems, including:
• Harmful algal blooms
• Hypoxic areas or "dead zones"
• Fish kills
• Loss of seagrass and kelp beds
• Coral reef destruction
• Eutrophication

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Caused by all those ET's driving SUV UFO's.

Well, if you know it's an SUV, you've identified it

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Many scientists have their own opinions on global warming and in my opinion, a climatologist should not be considered as a source of information on the subject, because they haven't looked long-term.

I think, if global warming is real and the cause, only a select few know the information and have a complete picture of the data. I'd say, the majority don't.

Most scientist agree that global warming is real. www.sciencedaily.com...

A group of 3,146 earth scientists surveyed around the world overwhelmingly agree that in the past 200-plus years, mean global temperatures have been rising, and that human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures.

Peter Doran, University of Illinois at Chicago associate professor of earth and environmental sciences, along with former graduate student Maggie Kendall Zimmerman, conducted the survey late last year.

The findings appear January 19 in the publication Eos, Transactions, American Geophysical Union.

I happen to believe it's not manmade.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Star and Flag

I have never believed that humans and pollution were the cause of global warming. That has NEVER made sense to me.

We are told that that we do not panic; we feel in control of it

But the truth of the matter is we are not in control and there is nothing we can do.

The Earth and its star, like any other star, are not forever.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Global warming is very real. So is global cooling. The world gets hotter... and then... (wait for it) IT GETS COOLER AGAIN! I wish all the brainwashed environmentalists out there weren't such idiots.
edit on 4-16-2011 by Dementronoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I respectfully disagree with the assessment of the local fluff being the cause for solar system warming. I have been paying attention and it has not taken much effort to see that what is warming the solar system is doing so from below the solar plain at this time. Im not interested in offering facts to this data because the data is there and is easy to find which would cause me to think that this site is yet another site set up to offer in this case real info but yet incorrect info as to the real source of the changes that are currently taking place. On march 19 2009 I saw with my own two eyes what looked like a comet spiting fire in the morning sky off to the right and just below the sun and to my surprise it looked as if it was pulling solar flares towards it from the sun. So my search began. Yes I do have a photo and would be happy to share it and you would be impressed with how I captured whats looks like solar flares reaching out to the comet. Now the reason I think that the local fluff data is incorrect as to what is currently taking place is simple. The solar system would be heating up evenly. I have been paying close attention to the earths jet streams since 2005 because of the burning of china's E-waste and trash on the coast. The jet steams have been a particular interest to me because they pass right over my city from china and japan. Since last year iv watched the jet streams along the equator vanish as the northern jet streams increased in incredible size and length. Then to my amazement the northern jet stream rapidly declined in size and length as the southern jet streams increased in size and length. And yes without delay at this very moment the northern jet streams are yet once agin increasing in size but not length wile the southern jet steams are remaining the same size but are breaking up into shorter lengths to mirror the northern jet streams. There are sites that track the jet streams that you can refer to, but you have just got to be dying with envy now knowing that iv had a front row seat with real time data as an amateur to these very interesting times and changes. I have my ideas as to what the cause is but it must be obvious to you that Im not convinced and Im still engaged in the hunt. It would be nice to have the truth about this subject so that I can keep my blood off the hands of those responsible for the huge gap in the lack of info. I consider those people who are responsible at risk of being guilty of attempting mass global genocide. If worse comes to worse that will be the case no matter what their case my be. Now ending with a lighter note my final comment on this is... ha hah ha ha haaaa iv been watching this all go dooooowwwnnn!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Actually G gases and warming Solar System are happening at the same time i've been harping for years about the whole solar system being effected by the photon belt and the suns alignment with it and galactic planes Gravity Waves.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is a myth that anti-global warming,uneducated folks will not let die.

Lets use some common sense here:

If the warming was due to an increase of output from the Sun, then we would see all moons and planets warming up, not just Mars and Earth. There are no reports of the Moon warming up or experiencing any changes.

Multiple planets in the solar system can be warming up at any time because of local factors such as orbit, volcanic activity, etc.

If the Sun was outputting enough to warm up Pluto, we wouldn't have to worry about GW, as the Earth would be jerky. You do know how far out some of these planets are....right?

Mars is not warming up, Mars is cyclical. The wobble is causing it's climate change. Scientists are not even sure if the ice caps are melting on Mars.

The reason, as the report explains, is that Mars wobbles slightly, so that every hundred thousand years or so, the poles tilt more toward the sun in summer, getting more direct sunlight than they ordinarily would. The extra heating turns the frozen CO2 back into a gas — enough to double the density of Mars' sparse atmosphere. And then, as the planet straightens up, the CO2 freezes out again and the atmosphere thins.

Read more: www.time.com...

As so many like to claim, its just natural cycles.

Last but not least, the sun has been cooling for the past 30 years.

This bunk study that the skeptics keep using came out in 2007. And has never been proven since and was immediately discharged by the science community.

Keep grasping that straw.
edit on 31-10-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenieDark
As the Earth is getting hotter, disasters like hurricanes, droughts and floods are getting more frequent.

I hear this statement all the time, but I never see the data to back it up. While I would contend that we hear more often about such natural disasters due to the internet, globalization and 24 hour news, I don't think there are necessarily more of them, just more reported. If you have some data you would like to share that backs up this, please share. Bad things make the news, not average or good things.

For example here is the track of soil moisture around the globe since 1950, an indicator of drought conditions. Things are fairly consistent.

The NOAA predicts fewer hurricanes but with stronger intensity. Hurricanes have been average in numbers and intensity lately, but that could be a cyclical trend.

Please provide your proof with data to back up your claims.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
all of you guys are lost in the wild wondering why your'e surrounded by a pack of wolfs when you got a big fat juicy steak stuffed in your'e back pocket. the earth's pole has shifted and so has the moon's. the moon is an indicator in the sense that what ever is happening to the earth is like wise happening to the moon, and the moon is what we terrestrials see. facts are a mute point because i fear for many of us it is all ready to late and we have already been killed by those who have the facts deciding it be better off that the people of the world who carried them on there backs not know what is really happening. they conceder them selfs the more dominant and pure part of the human race worthy of survival when they only got to that high place by standing on our heads. after all is said and done and when there is no one left to stand on they them selfs will undergo an implosion that will render them extinct, but extinct with the guilt looming over them of being mass global murderers of the human race. with that said saturn and jupiter's surface rings are now different, so if you pay attention to earths rings which are the jet streams this should be proof and fact enough that there is something terribly wrong in our neck of the woods. the disruption of the earths jet steams is an indicator pointing the finger at not only the cause of the mess heading our way but also a finger of blame at those of you who are currently engaged in spreading false info. i don't care wether or not you people who are disinformationalist sleep well at night because ultimately that will be you're concern returning all that sleep which you have stolen to there rightful owners. happy hunting (:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Caused by all those ET's driving SUV UFO's.

HAHA....that is awesome...

Made me laugh

Star for you!!!

-Chris

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The global warming of all the planets may be coming from their cores. I remember reading about the massive methane fields recently found near Russia. They say the permafrost melt under the water is causing the methane release. We all have been trained to believe the warming oceans has been caused by the warmer atmosphere. What if the oceans are being warmed by magma being closer to the crust?

The deep oceans are real cold but deep sections near thermal vents are nice and warm. What if there are more warm spots all over the ocean floor?

There's a interesting spot in eastern Oregon where magma is pushing up on a 230-square-mile (600-square-kilometer) chunk of land. It has moved up 9.8 inches (25 cm) since 1996.
www.ouramazingplanet.com...

Geologists and satellites have kept a trained eye on this spot ever since 1996. What other areas around the globe are having this kind of uplift that are not on the radar yet?

The real meaning of the name Oregon comes from the Greek word Orogeny. The word “oros” means mountain and “geny” means creation or origin. In other words it means Mountain Builder. This name association is my own theory.
Orogeny

edit on 9-1-2012 by lostinspace because: added Orogeny detail

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Originally posted by jumpspace
Our solar system is passing through the galactic plane.

In 2012 we'll pass the dead centre of the galactic plane.

This is what I believe is responsible for this.

Good research too

Cheers

JS

Here you go

www.2012hoax.org...

Jumpspace
by any chance could you exsplain what the galatic plane is or provide a link to what will exsplain it?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Anyone who believes that the activities of man do not have an impact on the weather is simply fooling themselves, or completely oblivious to known science...

We know for an absolute fact that concentrations of concrete, such as in urban areas, change the ambient temperature of the surrounding air, and retains it long after sunset (a fact well known to glider pilots). We also know that CO2 increase is changing the PH levels in the oceans (ocean acidification), thereby causing coral bleaching and having a negative impact on crustaceans ability to grow shells properly. Contrails for aircraft possibly have the largest effect on the weather, by generating persistent cloud cover over large areas.

Of course the more people, and the higher state of civilization they achieve, the worse the problem becomes.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Outland

My old account!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Muaddib

I did see a NASA report that the Sun is in a lull of activity, but it depends on what causes planetary heating by the sun; infrared is hot, but microwave activity can cause heat, that is about the limit of my knowledge in regards to solar radiation and output. If other planets are warming it would be interesting to know for sure, then you could state that human induced climate change has less of an impact, but I am sure scientists account for solar system factors as well as local Earth factors, I trust their work. The fact is that Earth climate is changing, regardless of anything else we have to act on it, offset it and prepare for change.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostinspace
The global warming of all the planets may be coming from their cores. I remember reading about the massive methane fields recently found near Russia. They say the permafrost melt under the water is causing the methane release. We all have been trained to believe the warming oceans has been caused by the warmer atmosphere. What if the oceans are being warmed by magma being closer to the crust?

Good, let's think scientifically. We're in introductory oceanography/geophysics tutorial. Prof asks: "How would we use observable data to distinguish various hypotheses for warming? For example, what if the oceans are being warmed by magma being closer to the crust? We've already gone over the Sun last lecture but this time I want you to think about this one."

Student: The heat has to diffuse out from its source if it's by conduction, or maybe be transported by convection?

Professor: Right! The ground is opaque so it's not radiative transfer like solar or greenhouse influence. And so what specifically would you look for in your measurements?

Student: ... We would see the signal from underwater measurements and see deep ocean start to warm before upper ocean, because the heat would have to go up.

Professor: Good, anything else?

Student: Maybe we'd see it only in specific places, where the magma is particularly close? Volcanoes are only in some places given by geology, right, so the heat sources would be in a certain set of locations?

Professor: Exactly. Now, I'm here to tell you that we don't see that. We see upper ocean warming first, and then the lower ocean which means....

Student: warming is coming from the surface, so probably not deep magma.

Professor: and poles are warming more than equatorial regions.

Student: Is there something about the spin of the planet which makes the magma closer on the poles?

Professor: Are there lots of polar volcanoes and few in equatorial regions?

Student: I don't know, but there was that huge one in Tambora in Indonesia, so I'm guessing not.

Professor: I don't think so either. And what would you say if measurements show night-time is heating more than day-time?

Student: I don't know. I can't figure out how more magma would make night-time heat more than daytime.

Professor: but if it were greenhouse gas increases and not magma?

Student: Well, as you said the greenhouse layer re-radiates infrared, so the warm ground at night releases its heat and it's scattered back by the atmosphere.

Professor: Bingo. So what do you think about magma and global warming?

Student: Not my money bet.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have a different approach of the climate change, plants in the solar system and the sun:

If you drop a hot rock into a pail of water, the temperature of the rock and the water will change until both?

If you drop a hot rock into a pail of water, the temperature of the rock and the water will change until both are equal. The rock will cool and the water will warm. Proven fact!

I say;

The sun sends out flares (from the sun (hot rock)) and goes out and warms the water (solar system) in the pail (the heliosphere) and the sun (hot rock) will cool until both are equal (not literally of course, a happy medium).

This is the reason why the climate change is happening to all the plants in the solar system! My option!

Some scientists say we could be headed for another "Little Ice Age," given how eerily calm the sun has been in recent years.

New measurements from a NASA satellite show a dramatic cooling in the upper atmosphere that correlates with the declining phase of the current solar cycle. For the first time, researchers can show a timely link between the Sun and the climate of Earth's thermosphere, the region above 100 km, an essential step in making accurate predictions of climate change in the high atmosphere.

Irradiance is a method of measurement but its use as a determining factor for the sun warming the rest of the solar system is a distraction base on what they can tell us rather than what they don’t know.

My apologizes if I step on some toes for my laymen’s “option” but we know so little about the solar system compared to what we do know that even the supposed reasons given for the other plants warming are unproven as well, i.e. their theory is no better or worse than the rest of us.

I don’t do videos (make them) but this as a video showing the solar flares energy, part of it that didn't go through the heliosphere, solar winds bouncing back the energy and warming the solar system would be a good example of what I’m saying!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FC1SWPAPPYS

Welcome to the boards!

Some scientists say we could be headed for another "Little Ice Age," given how eerily calm the sun has been in recent years.

Actually, that idea has recently changed (and a lot more has developed and been learned since this thread was authored in... Holy hell! 2006!). Now scientists are beginning to think that the lull in sunspots may not actually correlate with global temperatures.

During the Little Ice Age, the atmospheric blocking effect probably played a role, but so did increased global volcanic activity that ejected gas and ash in the atmosphere, reflecting solar radiation back into space.

So we have to be careful associating the Maunder minimum with the Little Ice Age. A look at the data shows that the Little Ice Age began a long time (certainly more than a century) before the start of the Maunder minimum – and continued long after it ended. In any case, the Little Ice Age wasn't really an ice age. Although cold winters in Europe were unusually common, it doesn't seem to have been a global phenomenon. Research suggests it was a regional phenomenon and that the colder winters in Europe would have been accompanied by warmer ones elsewhere.

No, we aren't heading into a 'mini ice age' - July 27, 2015

posted on Jan, 29 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This was a huge part of the argument when the term Global Warming was coined. Supposedly there is also a solar sun cycle every 11 years that plays a part in this.

This subject has caused me stress for years because I don't want to be the guy going against the stream but there's some stuff that I know factually that I wish someone could explain how they come into play. I'm sure that everyone has heard that we are coming out of a little Ice Age so I won't mention that and skip to the juice:

I grew Marijuana for 5 years indoors (don't get lost here, this plays in nicely ) and when you grow indoors its pretty much mandatory that you supplement atmospheric carbon. I was shooting for 2000 PPM. The reason you do this is that you are guaranteed 15% more of a yield on any given crop including short veg period crops. The extra carbon also allowed you to boost your total dissolved solids in your feeding solutions. When these plants have too much fertilizer or minerals (etc) in their water it tends to clog the roots up, and usually presents itself as a mineral deficiency (even though too many minerals was the cause). With the extra nutrient uptake and faster metabolism a good grower can boost his crop as much as 30%. Obviously it costs more in overhead but this is well worth it.

The take home here is that the more carbon you have the faster plants grow. I know this seems like a stupid thing to say but when you get into the magnitude of it its pretty mind blowing. This happens to ALL the plants. This could potentially mean a large increase at the base of most food chains everywhere.

We literally feed off our atmosphere as life forms on this planet. The CO2 is basically the root of all of the O2 which is what we breath.

Oxygen is really reactive and binds with almost anything it touches. We see this as rust and other common forms of oxidation. After being created oxygen does not last long. We need a constant supply of it. The O2 needs to be abundant enough to make it into the upper atmosphere also. Another odd thing I learned from growing weed is that photons can smash O2 into two separate Oxygen molecules if they hit just right. These will often find two other O2 molecules nearby and create two new O3 molecules. O3 is ozone which is a huge part of how life doesn't get destroyed by harmful radiation from the Sun. For the weed growers now reading this post, Ozone damage happens when your plants are too close to the light and often look like spider mite damage (small desiccated spots).

I am not going to pretend there is a good source for how much carbon was in our atmosphere in past ages. You can find posts that say during the Jurassic it was anywhere from 500-5000ppm. One thing we do agree upon though is that the dragonflies during the Carboniferous period that reached 3 foot wingspans were able to get that large due to higher oxygen levels, and we know where the oxygen comes from. All sources will say atmospheric carbon dioxide was much higher.

If i was to take a giant step back and look in on planet earth it sort of looks like 70% of the Planet is water but 70% of the land is desert. It seems to me that life would greatly benefit from more annual rainfall worldwide, which would follow a bit of heating up. When we know that large sections of desert today were once lush jungle then i feel like that should be a target for the health of this planet (on the land in any case).

This is my first post so if you've made it this far good on you, and thank you. I'm going to cut this rant off here because it could go on for a while.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join