It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another kooky ebay auction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well here's a fella selling what he claims is a possible chupa cabra though he claims it came from the "deep dark ocean". It reminds me of the fake dragon that showed up in England a few years back.

Claims it's real but I highly doubt it.

Anyhoo, it looks weird that's for sure.

Spiderj

ebay

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think we should clone it! ... looks like a feakin devil or demon huh? Any of these ever found before?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well I know I shouldn't assume but I am actually assuming that it's a fake.

I would think if it was genuine that he wouldn't be selling it on ebay but would have contacted a university or museum directly as he states on the page that he is hoping a museum would buy it.

I just posted it because it is odd and you never know when a member might pop up and pronounce it's the disected and dehydrated corpse of some fish or normal beastie.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I've seen this before, as it keeps popping up from time to time with different stories behind it. It looks to me like it is a partially decomposed/desiccated guitar fish that has been altered. The underside of this fish is what we are looking at. It has a strange almost alien appearance.

www.flmnh.ufl.edu...

[edit on 15-8-2006 by skychief]

[edit on 15-8-2006 by skychief]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thanks Skychief,

I knew somebody would know what the heck that thing was.

Good site to compare the fish to the ebay beastie. I can see where the person most likely slit the thing down the tail creating the "legs" and the area around the "face" that was sliced and manicured to create the "wings"

Did I use enough "quotations"?

Again nice find skychief.

Spider"j"

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
It does look very interesting

But who is going to pay 5,000 for it? I see there has been no bids so far!

join