It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anton LaVey & The Church of Satan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Theistic Satanism would be my judgement: But to answer your question on "why?", would be an extensive answer...And get this thread off-topic. When I got Rice's book, it was still available only in hardback edition, but you should be able to find paperback printings by now.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
No worries about confusing people, that certainly happens. However, I don't see any "fanaticism" nor "dogmatic" viewpoints,

Well first you implied that Gnostic-Christianity is Satanism by saying that either I, or lucum per lucerna, was mixing it with Hinduism.

Also, just to see whether or not I'm mistaken; do you believe one or two of the following things:

A) That exoteric Christianity is the only true religion and that all others lead to hell.

and/or

B) That hell is Eternal.

If you don't mind answering that is...

...rather is petty namecalling that's irrelevant to the discussion. In fact, nothing you'd made mention of here is topic-related. As a result, neither are my responses.

Were you not being a smart-ass with the price-of-tea-in-China thing?

Why take me pointing it out personally?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Besides, you know the saying:

"Better to be a smart-ass than a dumb-ass."

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Anne Rice seems to be promoting herself as some sort of christian nowadays. Regardless, her work has NOTHING to do with any serious form of Satanism or Left Hand Path Occultism in general.

Feel free to email any serious Left Hand Path organization and ask if Anne Rice served as an influence or consultant on their doctrine if you don`t want to believe me on the subject.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Well first you implied that Gnostic-Christianity is Satanism by saying that either I, or lucum per lucerna, was mixing it with Hinduism.

Whoa, that's such a roundabout I have no idea how to ask where it came from.

Also, just to see whether or not I'm mistaken; do you believe one or two of the following things:

A) That exoteric Christianity is the only true religion and that all others lead to hell.

You'd be more of an expert on "exoteric Christianity" than I. I'd have some questions to ask certainly to make a determination of what exactly it believes. The question I'd ask first is this "how does one get to heaven?"

and/or

B) That hell is Eternal.

Yeah:

"Matthew 18:8
"If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire."

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Jude 1:7
"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."

If you don't mind answering that is...

Not at all. I know I've asked you a fair share of questions myself.

Were you not being a smart-ass with the price-of-tea-in-China thing?

Minus the namecalling, I was working to establish the point (again) that quoting books on an unrelated topic doesn't help the thread focus nor progress. I could have re-stated that, but I don't think repetition is effective.

Why take me pointing it out personally?

Nothing personal was meant. I don't know you personally nor me personally. I apologize if it was taken that way.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Besides, you know the saying:

"Better to be a smart-ass than a dumb-ass."

Touche'. If it makes me Balaam's donkey, then I suppose there is wisdom in that. Better than being Balaam during that moment for sure.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Yeah:

"Matthew 18:8
"If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire."

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Jude 1:7
"In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire."

The Fire is Eternal.

That which is subject to punishment is not
; as only God(who refers to 'His' Self as a Consuming Fire in the Bible) is Eternal!

Klipoth 9: Neptune(inverted)

...In the Book of Revelations we find this angel Apollyon (Greek) who in Hebrew is called Abaddon, which is a Word that has its roots in Abba, which means "Father" in Hebrew, and On, which means "sexual strength." Abaddon is the sexual strength of the Father. So this is nothing other than the sexual energy, situated in the center of our body in the sexual organs, and also in the center of the planet Earth, where Dante Alighieri in The Divine Comedy finds Lucifer.

Lucifer is the sexual potency, which in the Infradimensions, in the inferior dimensions, in the Ninth Sphere, is of course polarised negatively as a destructive force. This is why Dante, when descending into the Ninth Sphere, finds Lucifer with three faces. The number three is referring to the three polarisations of the primary forces in a negative way.

When a man and a woman are united, the positive and negative forces are in union, and then give birth to the third force. This is how in the sexual act we find the positive, negative and neutral forces acting as creation.

But from the spiritual point of view, if a woman and man are sexually united not with the purpose of taking advantage of the energy, of creation, the sexual force, they are united in order to destroy themselves with fornication.

This is how if they unite only for the satisfaction of the animal passions, what they create in themselves is the Kundabuffer organ, or the tail of Satan. The tail of Satan is nothing but the crystallisation of the forces of the Holy Spirit in the negative way within the human organism, in the soul or psyche, because of the abuse of the sexual energy. This is how the energy of the Holy Spirit is destroying what is no good.

In Hinduism, Siva, the Holy Spirit, is called the creator and destroyer, because Siva creates and destroys. We are talking not of a person, but about certain type of energy, which is represented by Siva. So Siva as a creator is creating marvellous things, and as destroyer is destroying all the negative things that hurt the psyche and which cause harm to nature. This destructive aspect of Siva receives in the Bible the name Apollyon.

We are speaking here in terms of symbolism - there may be an angel Abaddon, and an angel called Apollyon, but we are not talking about these particular deities, we are talking of the symbols that they represent, in the Book of Revelations.

Apollyon represents the destructive aspect of Siva, the destroyer that is active in the Ninth Sphere.

The Ninth Sphere on the Tree of Life is situated in the Sephirah Yesod, and Yesod of course is directly related with the sexual organs, or with the sexual energy. Yesod is situated in the very center of the earth.

This is how here the three faces of Lucifer of Dante represent the crystallisation of the three primary forces in a negative aspects, in the way that they destroy, or better said, they clean, they burn all the impurities that harm the soul, that harm the Spirit.

In the Ninth Sphere is where the Holy Spirit in his negative aspect destroys completely the impurities that all the souls have, the lost souls that are falling.

This is how the negative aspect of Neptune related with the waters acts in the Ninth Sphere. This is where Dante found the waters, but frozen, cold, in which the souls little by little are losing their protoplasmic bodies

So you see, the Holy Spirit Creates(the Soul) and Destroys(the ego).

We can eliminate the ego on our own, with the help of Christ, here and now; or we can end up going through the long, painful and mechanical Second Death.

Arcanum 15: Passion

...The transformative-solar-force of the Ouroboros is placed by the force of gravity in the very center of Assiah, the planet, in the Ninth Sphere.

Kabbalistically, Assiah, Egypt, Matzarim, symbolizes the activity of the Ouroboros in the outer circle, where the souls are reborn through the mechanical laws of Return and Recurrence; this is Agar who gives birth to Ishmael to live in Malkuth, the outer circle of reprobation and exile (from the Inner Circle, the Promised Land, Yesod-Eden, the Land of Avalon, the fourth dimension).

So, the Children of Agar are souls who incarnate in bodies of Fornication (they are the outcome of the spasm or bestial filthy orgasm) eventually fall into Klipoth, infernal worlds, here the souls are attracted through fascination towards the center; they experience desolation in their journey within the two Klipothic circles of Lilith and Nahemah, until the energy of the Ouroboros that rotates in the Ninth Circle, the center of planetary stability, disintegrates their impurities through the Second Death.

Kabbalistic traditions state that (when the soul of) Adam (falls into Klipoth) he devolves within two circles:

the circles of Lilith and Nahemah. Lilith is the mother of abortions, homosexuality and in general, all kinds of crimes against Nature.

Nahemah is the mother of malignant beauty, of passion and adultery.

Thus, (Klipoth) the Abyss is divided into two large regions; the sphere of Lilith and the sphere of Nahemah. Infrasexuality reigns sovereign in these two large regions. This is the desolation of the souls in hell where all failure souls in a Klipothic Sabbatical Orgy within an always tediously increasing dark atmosphere are equalized through the second death. In Klipoth the possibilities for human individuality are nullified through the law of entropy, yet these possibilities are regained again through a new ascension after the second death in the ascending arch of evolution through a collective or communal will in all the kingdoms of the Wheel of Samsara. This is how after facing entropy the souls continue another cycle of mechanical life in the Kingdom, Malkuth (Egypt of the world to come).

How are you fallen from heaven, Oh Lucifer, son of the dawning! How are you cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations! For you have said in your heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet you shall be brought down to hell (the Ninth Sphere), to the sides of the pit. - Isaiah 14: 12- 15

Only through the Arcanum A.Z.F. is how the Ouroboros or Samech can release the Light of the Ain Soph, which places in activity the infinite essence of our individual Elohim. So, through Samech our Inner Kether (or Iod) develops and supports the longings of our soul ad infinitum. Therefore, sexual transmutation is the way in which one offers his will to God. Through sexual alchemy the soul experiences the infinite essence of the Elohim that shines within the Ouroboros (or Samech) and acquires control over the quanta (packages of solar energy within matter); the solar energy is the fuel that allows the soul to make the leaps from Sephirah to Sephirah, that is, to leap from one wheel into another wheel within the cosmogonic wheel of Ezekiel, or from one parallel universe into another parallel universe and finally into the Absolute or Ain. So, within the Ouroboros or Samech in Yesod, the foundation of all worlds, the wisdom of the Elohim is hidden in a latent state

"If this humanity continues willfully extracting the Mercury from their bodies, no matter how much they believe, no matter how much they love God in their hearts, God will not like that type of worship.

Cain was always rejected. Cain is that mind which, through the brain, is commanding the sexual organs to Fornicate, and justifying that action according to the mechanical laws of nature. Many (nearly all) books in the libraries written by Cain (the animal mind) justify animal fornication."

Regards

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wanted to dig in the icy depths of ATS for my 666th post.

Mentioned several times within the thread, in case anyone just skipped to the end of the thread are the The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

I can, and have, agreed with many of these for a number of years. However, for me, I veer from any organized religion regardless of which way the cross hangs or if it does at all. Even various Pagan prefrences and New Age diciplines can lend themselves to reflecting the closed-mindedness or elitism as some older religions.

My spirituality is an amalgalm. And is ever evolving. It doesn't make sense to me that anyone has all the answers. Over the years I've had to remind myself on occasion to stop looking outside myself for these answers and look inward. I do believe in education - learning about history, the arts, philosophy and yes - all the various religions.

Admittedly, I'm a 'dark' individual down to my home decor. Black is always fashionable to wear, even on your nails. I think daggers and dragons really add life to an otherwise dull living room, a two piece wall scupture of 'Death' adds depth, and an autograph print of fantasy art can brighten up a kitchen. I also have a nifty dragon skull in my garden.

I have a nosy neighbor who made her way into my house under the pretense of saving some roaming feral kitties (which she later had trapped and had sent to their death) I noticed her eyes darting around my house. The following week a bible on CD made it's way into my mailbox. No postage, just in there. I also spotted her talking to other neighbors who now don't look up to wave while we drive by. It's to be expected I suppose, just disappointing. I aspire to be judged on my character, not my choice of wardrobe or decor choices.

Edit to add source: Church of Satan

[edit on 5/18/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Most people dont even realize that satanist dont even worship satan.Just shows there ignorance of just assuming what they want to.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by trey85
Most people dont even realize that satanist dont even worship satan.Just shows there ignorance of just assuming what they want to.

As one who has read LaVey, I would define "Satanist" thusly: an atheistic Libertarian who digs Halloween imagery.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join