It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This had better not get me banned...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Get ready folks... No racial slams here, just scientific results...

slavery caused many white plantation owners to become "gonzo geneticists" in an effort to breed a better slave, the effort to build a better footballer became the result...

It is true, and shameful...
if it only improved the health of blacks, then you couldn't say the outcome was neccessarily bad, but along with the selective breeding (not unlike that done with animals) came poor living conditions, and poor food quality, and other offsets of the slavery era...
from those came: sickle cell anemia, and other diseases, that occur much more often in people with slave historys...

that is something that your schools wont teach you...

it is not a universal condition of blacks, but that is because many blacks in America today, never came from a white/black slave history... they came from other countries more recently...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquid Swords1
Varying IQ scores between races can be explained by a variety of cultural and enviromental differences.

That's an excuse, not a reason.

Many of the surveys and test done are based on a community average, not a nation wide scale, and if it is then the numbers from the school districts are put into the national average.

SATs are administered within a school district or a school itself. With that you could assume that enviormental differences between the students are very small. Most of the students have gone to the same schools with each other for years, lived in the same neighborhood and pretty much "the same" across the board.

The reason, according to many SMEs, is that blacks seem to stress a little more than whites, asians and hispanics. And what better time to stress out than during an IQ or SAT. I remember being a little stressed, especially during the math portion (I hate math)

Obviously, when the results come back, people are going to jump the gun say that blacks are not as smart, they're stupid and all this other BS. And saying it's due to enviorment is just a cop-out, whenever people say that they're not helping to identify that problem...they're just adding to the racial tensions and lies that are already there.

Score differences - wikipedia (yes, I Know it's wikipedia
)

High stress indicated in urine samples

I'll dig up a few more articles and post 'em up.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a LARGE problem with test scores and national testing is the quality of school...

when education is supposed to be the great equalizer, then why aren't all schools equal?

the cop out is to say that demographic/geographic areas of less tax revenue cause schools to be underfunded...

what they are saying in plain language is "poor schools are due to poor people in those areas..."

and that my friends is a large crux of the matter...

poor schools are NOT equal, and dont give the same education...

I know what i am talking about here folks...
My mom taught at a poor inner city school (80%black,15% hispanic), and education wasn't even on the list of daily topics...
it was "how to stay out of gangs, jail and off drugs, and then how to gain employment at the local taco bell, and not lose it... Oh, and 2+2=4 if anyone is interested"

Its also a little hard to teach when it is a sweltering 95 degrees IN DOORS because poor schools didn't (dont) have airconditioning... (we only recently got it in all public schools)
Oh, computers... forget that... they had one, now have 10, and the whole school uses them... obviously being trained how to be prepared for the new computer generations NOT!

This topic is a crawl for me... I have covered it so many times before, and have no alternative but to think that poor schools are really just tools to keep a certain part of the populace as a lower "caste"

If someone in power, truly wanted to improve the education levels of the poorer (mostly minorities) parts of society, they could easily...
since it is a topic oft avoided, and always ignored, the truth is plain...

education does make all the difference, and that is why it isn't allowed to some...

I would love to see test scores from equally funded schools broken down by race, but until the equal funding part occurs, tests are rather useless in establishing anything other than proof that education isn't equally provided across racial spectrums.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by isharkman
An extra bone lmao unreal what are you like 10 years old?

Yeah...judging by my username it probably means im 10 [/sarcasm] why dont you shut your mouth asshole, and respect others information, whether its wrong or right. i never said i agreed with it, its what i heard somewhere.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Lazarus your idea of selective breeding does not explain why a great amount of the runners who win marathons are not from the United States and why alot of the fastest men in the world are not from the US, but from Africa.

Sporty, I have to disagree with you that since the scores are based on a community average it shouldn't matter. I go to a school with a some racial diversity. I would estimate around 60-75% white, 40-25% black and mexican. There are a lot of very rich kids that go to my school and a lot of lower middle class and poor kids. I have a lot of mexican and black friends and a lot of mexican and black people that I know. I know for a fact that lot of them believe that since they are a minority and that this is a white dominated country that they do not think they will have equal opportunity, so they just don't try. Also, it is sad, but true that their cultures just do not emphasize education and intellegince, most of their friends and family don't think its important, so neither do they. They are often not raised to want to be scientists, or architects, or teachers so again, they just don't try.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

from those came: sickle cell anemia, and other diseases, that occur much more often in people with slave historys...

that is something that your schools wont teach you...

Thats because it's a load of crock.

Sickle cell anemia is primarily found in populations that come from areas of the world prone to Malaria. Carriers of the disease (and sufferers) are more resistant to the malaria disease. carriers always have small amounts of the cells within their blood, but not enough to harm them. Two carriers breeding will have a 1/4 chance of producing offspring with the disease. The sickle cells are more resitant to the malria parasite, which likes to live in the red blood cells.

To claim it is a result of White breeding of Blacks in slave times is utter BS. People from the Middle East, the Med and India also get the disease.

I have seen some of your posts on racial matters, and you seem to be very anti-white or at the least, you like to portray the Black man as the poor downtrodden who blames everything on the white man. I am sorry you feel that way, but this is one thing you cannot pin on the White man.

[edit on 15/8/06 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Bugger..double post

[edit on 15/8/06 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You're right Stumason...

Forgive my foggy college memories, but I was incorrect...

it isn't the poor food quality that causes Sickle Cell Anemia...

it is the abscence of certain nutrients in poor quality food (organ meats, "leftover meats") that causes the negative effects of Sickle cell anemia to become more profound...

In other words, a properly balanced diet for a sickle cell sufferer will allow them to live a long healthy life, while someone who doesn't have those particular dietary needs will suffer more, and show more signs of the disease.

My proffessors angle was that the poor food quality available to southern blacks before and after the end of slavery caused more appearance of sickle cell traits, and signs of illness among the population... which is true, but for different reasons than i stated...
I now understand the reasons and his context better...

Found this study:

In Africa , an estimated 25 percent of the population carry the sickle cell trait, yet the incidence of sickle cell disease itself is rare. In fact, from 1925 to 1950, it was estimated that fewer than one hundred cases of sickle cell anemia were reported throughout the continent.” As is well-known, sickle cell anemia is relatively rare in the Caribbean . Those with the sickle cell condition are found living healthy into old age, and few ever experience serious crises. In fact, the Jamaican diet is rich in Thiocyanate where cassava and yams are staples. It is proposed that sickle cell anemia represents an “unrelieved nutritional condition” which is dependent on the presence of thiocyanate and nitrilosides in Africans who are genetically predisposed to the disease. The significance of this research is that the solution to sickle cell anemia can be found in the field of nutrition rather than drugs, blood thinners, and blood transfusions.

<< 1   >>

join