It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High rise fire safety engineering and 911

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
In America we hold truths to be self evident
www.newworldpeace.com...
I expected the National Response Team of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms would participate in an investigation that I surely thought would follow the Sept. 11 attacks. The ATF has the authority to investigate arson involving interstate commerce. Certainly, these horrendous attacks should be construed as arson. I later learned that the ATF was told it would not be needed.

I expected the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) to head the investigations. It's noted for its thoroughness, objectivity and know-how with respect to large-scale disasters. But it was relegated to flight issues dealing with the two hijacked aircraft and the aircraft debris. The buildings were not to be within the scope of their investigation.

There is an ad hoc investigative group, which is sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the American Society of Civil Engineers. But it does not have the full resources that might be made available, nor does it control the site.
The evidence needed to identify the cause of the collapse and intensity of the fire was being lost. Had the NTSB or ATF been involved, the site would have been secured, evidence documented and protected.
Remember how the pieces of TWA Flight 800 were brought up from the ocean bottom off Long Island and restored to preserve structural evidence essential to identifying the cause of the 1996 crash?
High-rise buildings are required to survive the impact of a modern commercial aircraft. Why shouldn't that include survival from the fire that would erupt? Building codes require that the structural elements of high-rise building withstand a three-hour test in a furnace. Why did the buildings collapse in less time? Was this terrorist attack an isolated event that had no bearing on high-rise vulnerability or on the consequences of fire in general?

Another question about the fire and structure, where was the sprinkler system in such a high building and what about the fire retardent called asbestos should not both of these have some bearing in the fires and their destruction of the so called theory of support system destruction.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mondegreen

where was the sprinkler system in such a high building

There are MANY threads here on ATS that address many of the questions you ask.

Just to answer this one question for you: In all likelihood many of the risers that carry water up to the gravity tanks that feed the sprinkler lines were severed in the initial crashes. The same most likely holds true for the sprinkler lines that carry the water from the gravity tanks to the sprinkler lines. It is also possible that the fire pumps and booster pumps that carry water up the risers to the gravity tanks were damaged by the crashes. If any sprinklers were actually working that day and putting water on the fire it is likely that this actually helped spread the fire. Putting water on a fuel fire spreads the fuel and spreads the fire.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by craig732]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I like these likelyhoods ideas where anything is possible, since the fire was contained to a small nbr of floors and twc 2 was hit on its side does not answer that question. Should not there be water poring out of the top florrs above the fire since it was so called very intense as stated by so many. I find that not much of a qnser to my question I would like to see documented evidience by the investigation teams at the world trade site but I feel there was no investigation just hurried cleanup of the crime scene.

join