It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush, Cheney worked with the Israelis on Hezbollah attack planning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
According to the following report, President George W. Bush and V.P. Dick Cheney were involved with Israel's planning of the assault on Hezbollah, perhaps the ultimate goal was a prelude to a broader US/Israeli war with Iran...

THE US Government was closely involved in the planning of Israel's military operations against Islamic militant group Hezbollah even before the July 12 kidnapping of two Israeli soldiers, The New Yorker magazine reported in its latest issue.

The kidnapping triggered a month-long Israeli operation in southern Lebanon that is expected to come to an end today.

But Pulitzer Prize-winning US journalist Seymour Hersh writes that US President George W. Bush and Vice-President Dick Cheney were convinced that a successful Israeli bombing campaign against Hezbollah could ease Israel's security concerns and also serve as a prelude to a potential US pre-emptive attack to destroy Iran's nuclear installations.

Citing an unnamed Middle East expert with knowledge of the thinking of the Israeli and US Governments, Israel had devised a plan for attacking Hezbollah - and shared it with Bush administration officials - well before the July 12 kidnappings.

Soruce Link

If Iran was the ultimate goal in the aftermath of the offencive against Hezbollah, have they failed?

Or are they confirming that Iran is indeed next?

[edit on 13-8-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This doesnt surprise me. Sad really. What do the lives of innocent people mean to those in power. Absolutely nothing. As long as their agenda is being pushed and goals met.
And in all of this how have the kidnapped israeli soldiers fared, or have they been forgotten now that the pretext of using their abduction to initiate the conflict has waned.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
suprise, suprise, suprise

well not really... but now how are they going to explain themselves... oh wait... they dont have to.

gotta love it...

I dont usually leave short posts but I think this is pretty self explanitory.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This doesn't really surprise me either...(Hypothetical question)...Does anyone think Israel will deliberately blow up one of their tanks for example, then blame it on Hezbollah, so they can restart hostilities?
How long will it be before a link between the alleged London terror plot and Iran is made? Or have the talking heads at Fox already made this link

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappySmoker
Does anyone think Israel will deliberately blow up one of their tanks for example, then blame it on Hezbollah, so they can restart hostilities?

No, I can't see why they would. In my opinion, I believe that all focus will shift to Iran. Preparations. I have wondered if the violence with Hezbollah was only a first step toward war with Iran, now it seems obvious.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by HappySmoker
Does anyone think Israel will deliberately blow up one of their tanks for example, then blame it on Hezbollah, so they can restart hostilities?

i wouldn't put it past them.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is an old conspiracy theory. Ever since Iraq was armed by the CIA, then attacked Iran, everyone assumes it's another Iran-Contra affair.

I think Ollie North has an opinionated web site.

bih

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
gee stupid bush failed again,he failed in iraq then somalia and now lebanon

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If the real goal is still Iran, then it would make military sense for Israel to make a 'pre-emptive strike' against Hez, as it is well known that any attack on Iranian soil by the US would provoke retaliatory action by Hez against Israel.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here's a link to the New Yorker article by Seymour Hersh. I gotta say, old Seymour is getting a lot of space regarding this article. I've been hearing and seeing his name off and on all day.

www.newyorker.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Originally posted by HappySmoker

No, I can't see why they would. In my opinion, I believe that all focus will shift to Iran. Preparations. I have wondered if the violence with Hezbollah was only a first step toward war with Iran, now it seems obvious.

Now, if that journalist story is true (his reputation is sound, since that previous jail story), and I have no reason to doubt it, then unfortunately the USA and Israel administration are the worst hypocrites on this earth.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There seems to be subtantial creedence to his testimony and suppositions and it's logical in light of analysis of situations elsewhere in the Middle East and of American politics, however, if it will go any farther than heresay is what matters the most; if it does, then we can, perhaps, see some scrutiny on selected news wires that won't streamline further than independent avenues and may eventualy snowball into controversy of it's own like the current PNAC and Operation Northwoods esqe debates, but still, I doubt it will make it's mark deeper than that. The control of media and information is to tight these days for something so damning to be spun out of control and into the publics eye.

Isreal moblized to swiftly for this to have been a reactionary operation and it does show prepared planning, but if Isreal and America believe that it gives meritable subtance to planning awar against Iran, than they may be in for a surprise. By the disablement, temporarily, of Hezbollah, they may perhaps thwart Irans proxy arm from attacking any allies against the war in Iran which is more than likely to come, but this operation certainly does not take into consideration that Iran has a fully capable army tatamount to react just as swiftly to protect it's interests and that Syria and other smaller Middle Eastern countries have expressed distress over the current situation and ones afore which have cemented them in negative tone. This could be Vietnam all over again, and I think it will be more than likely with graver consequences.

They may have disabled the faculties and tools of Hezbollah, but they've created a much more rancor and vile climate for even more extreme ideals to emerge. The fog of war has destroyed the moderates and submerged reasoned and diplomatic essence in the Middle East and left a region of the world to be run by blood and guns.

Luxifero

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Luxifero]

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Luxifero]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This thread, the other two threads about this topic, and the whole Glaubatz WMD dilemma is leading me more and more to believe one thing.

They're planning a war in Iran and for and they're planning for that war to fail. In doing so they will kill the reputation of the United States which will destroy it in favor of that upcoming North American Union. Seeing that the N.A.U. is the brainchild of the Council on Foreign relations, this is the way I see that the United States is going to be part of the N.W.O.. And look for the U.N. to become more powerful and the (current and future) continental unions to become subservient to the U.N..

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
They're planning a war in Iran and for and they're planning for that war to fail.

Given what we've seen thus far in the "War on Terror" and the Israeli Hezbollah conflict, it would be hard for anyone to argue that point TheBandit795.

If the goal is failure, why?

I can't help but wonder (if your theories are true) why are they pinning this all on Islam/Muslims? Is there some point to their demonization?

Is there a reason this "NWO" would seek to destroy Islam?

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure if the goal is to destroy Islam. Although there are legit terrorist threats, I think they're using it for different reasons. One is to polarize people against each other, which is another reason they won't unite for the common good. The simple divide & conquer. We see it happening here on ATS, and especially PTS everyday.

And the reason goal is failure can be found in thie article I posted in this thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Personally I may be wrong in my theory here, and I hope I am.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I bet the USA had some planning with Israel, just like hezbollah had some planning with Syria and Iran.

new topics

top topics

join