It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obsession with "war on terror" - Who benefits?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Dear members,

I was thinking - we're overwhelmed with fear from terror, however in reality it's statistically more likely to be killed with lightning then by terrorist attack.

My question is: Why media, governments, agencies are always talking about possible threat from terrorism - you see it every day red alerts fancy "war on terror" graphics on CNN etc, why? Why are the anti-terror agencies not working silently behind the scenes? What is the gain to tell these things to the public?

Fear breeds revenge, hate, prejudice, arrogance, envy, greed and uncovers worst of all instincts & we are manipulated folks.

Face it: In mind of Average Joe, muslim = terrorist with dynamites

In my opinion mainly media (trying to have best ratings) are responsible for this, you see/read it every day, it's so easy to blindly fuel our fear with terrorism threat.

Doing this hype is also extremely useful to push political agenda.

Of course we're not talking about problems with starvation, pollution, etc., heey
this is more interesting!

My take - yes of course they're are terrorist, however the threat is exagerrated and I am not so sure if we (West) are not generating more and more terrorists with our current actions e.g.(Israel/Lebanon conflict).

What do you think?

Thanks for comments.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The question of who benefits has been brought up alot, from 9/11 till now, and there are a number of beneficiaries.

1. the Bush Administration
2. defense contractors
3. oil companies
4. Israel
5. the big international banks
to name a few.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well....

I have something what doesn't benefit -> our sanity

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Rule of thumb. In every war there is somebody benefiting financially. Just follow the money. In times of war or high chances of war to break out. There are weapons to be made and sold. And there are MONETARY LOANS to be given out to warring parties/countries for them to be able to buy weapons. Those loans are always paid back with interest.

new topics

top topics

join